1-485 Approved - I-765 Re-opened

Old Jun 24th 2010, 3:34 am

Long_Islander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1-485 Approved - I-765 Re-opened

Hello There,

On the 15th June 2010, our I-485 case was approved and I received a letter, Welcoming me to the U.S (I797c). I also noticed on the USCIS website that the GC card production had been ordered.

Today, we received an email stating that the I-765 case has been re-opened: With the following statement.

We reopened this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION on June 23, 2010, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days.

They also say on the USCIS website that:

On June 23, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. This will make it twice they have sent out this notification.

There seems to be some confusion somewhere along the line. Our I-485 case was transferred to the CSC at the end of April, to apparently speed things up, and we were not called for an interview.

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening here? Do you think Its safe to assume that the GC is still in production and will be issued? If so, why re-open the I-765 case again.

I suppose I should just see what is contained in the I-765 letter when it arrives.

David
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1-485 Approved - I-765 Re-opened

It sounds like for some reason (unknown to us at this time) your EAD application had to be reviewed. In the meantime, your I-485 got transferred to CSC and your AOS has been approved.

Once you receive your green card in the mail, the EAD will be useless anyway, so I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Rene
Old Jun 24th 2010, 12:57 pm

Long_Islander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1-485 Approved - I-765 Re-opened

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It sounds like for some reason (unknown to us at this time) your EAD application had to be reviewed. In the meantime, your I-485 got transferred to CSC and your AOS has been approved.

Once you receive your green card in the mail, the EAD will be useless anyway, so I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Rene
Thanks for the response Rene,

I'm sure you are right in what you say.