01 visa interview-help

Old Jul 25th 2015, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

ANACOR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 01 visa interview-help

My O1 visa petition has been approved and I have an appointment at the American council for the visa stamp.
I have no idea what happens in the interview and am worried
Has anyone here gone for a 01 interview? and if so what kind of questions were you asked etc? Thank you!
Old Jul 25th 2015, 3:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 01 visa interview-help

Originally Posted by ANACOR
I have an appointment at the American council...
I'm pretty sure you mean American Consulate.

I have no idea what happens in the interview and am worried...
Are you worried because you have no idea what happens, or are you worried because you think there's actually some sort of existing problem that's going to screw you over at your interview? If the former, you'll be asked questions about what you do, and what qualifies you for an O-1 visa. If the latter, well... you likely need to step away from the computer and not worry about non-existent issues.

Ian
Old Jul 25th 2015, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I meant the American Consulate
I got worried as I read online about people having their 01 petition approved by USCIS and somehow the person carrying out the interview disagreeing with your approval.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you prepped with you legal advisors?
Old Jul 25th 2015, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

No, my lawer from the US just told me " Congrats for your approval, please go to your consulate to get your visa stamped and make sure you read your petition to know how to answer eventual questions about your work". That was it :/
Old Jul 25th 2015, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ANACOR
I got worried as I read online about people having their 01 petition approved by USCIS and somehow the person carrying out the interview disagreeing with your approval.
The solution is simple... stop reading such stories.

Ian
Old Jul 25th 2015, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Ian I´ll follow your advice!
Old Jul 26th 2015, 2:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Or maybe not? Why did you just ask the same question on VJ?
Old Jul 26th 2015, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't be too much of a problem. I expect you had to put together a portfolio of evidence in support of your O1 application. Presumably you are familiar with all the material in that package. When I did mine there was a couple of courtesy questions but nothing taxing. The whole process was done in a couple of minutes.