Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

01 Visa D-160 Form visiting US embassy in London question!!

01 Visa D-160 Form visiting US embassy in London question!!

Old Nov 4th 2015, 10:55 pm
California Dreamin

Lilly77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 01 Visa D-160 Form visiting US embassy in London question!!

Hello everyone

I have an 01 visa and have been living in the US for the past 15 months. I entered the US on an 03 visa and had my status changed to 01 when my visa was approved. I was advised that I could live and work here BUT the next time I leave the US I would have to visit the US embassy in a foreign country for my interview and get my passport stamped otherwise I wouldn't be able to re-enter and work in the US when I returned.

When I entered the US on my 03 visa, I filled out my DS-160 form and had my interview at the US embassy (with my husband who had his 01). I am trying to book my interview appointment at the London US embassy for when I visit the UK in Dec, it is asking me for my completed DS-160 - do I have to fill this in again as a new form? When I retrieve it is has old information on it ie 'entering US on 03 (spouse of 01)'

Lastly, can I book an appointment now for a specific date in Dec, does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,
Lilly
Old Nov 5th 2015, 12:28 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 01 Visa D-160 Form visiting US embassy in London question!!

As your O-1 petition will have a different reference number from your husband's you will have to fill in a new DS-160 in your own right rather than as a derivative. When we booked our appointment last year there were plenty available for O-1/O-3 at short notice, however you will have to see what is available for you. The sooner you look, the more chance you have of setting up a date that suits you.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 5:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lilly77
I entered the US on an 03 visa and had my status changed to 01 when my visa was approved.

Thanks in advance,
Lilly
Your O3 Visa was approved.

You now need an O1 Visa, you have status only. New application.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 5:34 pm
California Dreamin

Lilly77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! I'll fill out new DS160