“Correa vs Thornbourgh”

Old Mar 8th 2021, 3:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: “Correa vs Thornbourgh”

Are you able to travel to the US during the pandemic? You want to go on spring break with your family which means you want to go to Florida where getting a vaccine against Covid is harder to get than pulling an alligator's tooth while he is thrashing in the glades.

You are worried for nothing from what I've read. I would be more worried that you will be able to get in with an entire family.

Not being rude but if you can afford to finance an entire family trip to a sunny beachy location in the US, then you can afford a one time consultation fee with an US immigration attorney either in person where you live or via a phone conversation.
Old Mar 8th 2021, 5:14 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You are worried for nothing from what I've read. I would be more worried that you will be able to get in with an entire family.

Not being rude but if you can afford to finance an entire family trip to a sunny beachy location in the US, then you can afford a one time consultation fee with an US immigration attorney either in person where you live or via a phone conversation.
I will admit to being mildly amused. I am inured to the flack I often catch here due to the professional paranoia that informs my posts. So, now the one time I indicate “no problems, mate” what happens?

I should remember that US legal education is based upon the case method and Common Law. Lay persons do not have experience reading cases.
Old Mar 8th 2021, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Jonaro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Are you able to travel to the US during the pandemic? You want to go on spring break with your family which means you want to go to Florida where getting a vaccine against Covid is harder to get than pulling an alligator's tooth while he is thrashing in the glades.

When I say my family I mean my parents and I, my patentes are already vaccinated (since January actually), we are not going to go to Florida, the plan is going to Yosemite national park, you can travel to the USA for tourism is not a problem, my only doubt is about the anotation in the passport
Old Mar 8th 2021, 5:37 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonaro
The 2 stamps are exactly the same, I have a b2 visa, it was, in fact, weird, I’ve read the “Correa vs thornburgh” and it seems they used just to say “we can change our minds about your entry anytime we want till you leave the airport” But I don’t know how that will apply to me, he didn’t send me to a second inspection or anything, not even mention the stamps, I worry because I want to come to the states the next month with my family for spring break
It makes little sense that they would enter an identical stamp twice (maybe he used the wrong stamp, but put the same same date), did you look here to see if its lists 2 entries on the same day:
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search

How quickly did he do the 2nd stamp? did he look something up on the computer, make a call or go away to an office in-between?

Not sure what a lawyer would add here unless they are a mind reader and know what the officer was thinking... the only way I can think off to get more details would be a FOI request, but even then if he only made an error on something he wrote and put a new stamp in he may not have made a note of that on the system.

Last edited by tht; Mar 8th 2021 at 5:39 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2021, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tht
It makes little sense that they would enter an identical stamp twice (maybe he used the wrong stamp, but put the same same date), did you look here to see if its lists 2 entries on the same day:

How quickly did he do the 2nd stamp? did he look something up on the computer, make a call or go away to an office in-between?

Not sure what a lawyer would add here unless they are a mind reader and know what the officer was thinking... the only way I can think off to get more details would be a FOI request, but even then if he only made an error on something he wrote and put a new stamp in he may not have made a note of that on the system.
nop he didn’t leave the place at all, he was just asking regular questions, it last like 4 minutes, I didn’t see when he stamped the first or the second but it must took 2 minutes at most, he didn’t call anybody, I checked my i98 and everything is in order it just shows one entry and he gave me 6 months but I will just spend 7 days
Old Mar 8th 2021, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tht

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I will admit to being mildly amused. I am inured to the flack I often catch here due to the professional paranoia that informs my posts. So, now the one time I indicate “no problems, mate” what happens?

I should remember that US legal education is based upon the case method and Common Law. Lay persons do not have experience reading cases.
you are completely right, but I’m just paranoid and afraid of having any problem, thank you for your info
Old Mar 8th 2021, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

you can travel to the USA for tourism is not a problem, Really?

Where are you travelling from? As per the article below and the recent announcements:Foreign nationals from the European Schengen Area, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Brazil, and South Africa are prohibited from entering the U.S. as concerns about new coronavirus variants mount.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/u-s-v...d-travel-faqs/

A new executive order issued by President Joe Biden on January 25 reinstated a ban on travel to the United States from Europe and Brazil, and it comes as little surprise.
Old Mar 8th 2021, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
you can travel to the USA for tourism is not a problem, Really?

Where are you travelling from? As per the article below and the recent announcements:Foreign nationals from the European Schengen Area, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Brazil, and South Africa are prohibited from entering the U.S. as concerns about new coronavirus variants mount.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/u-s-v...d-travel-faqs/

A new executive order issued by President Joe Biden on January 25 reinstated a ban on travel to the United States from Europe and Brazil, and it comes as little surprise.
mexico
Old Mar 8th 2021, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

mexico

Why are you travelling to the US for tourism? Mexico still has high levels of Covid
Old Mar 8th 2021, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Why are you travelling to the US for tourism? Mexico still has high levels of Covid
because we are already vaccinated and have been locked up for a year now
Old Mar 8th 2021, 10:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky

My advice was due to the issue that the OP didn't seem happy to accept your reply as written. Remember you are an attorney but not his attorney.

P.S. Good to see you are doing well.
Old Mar 8th 2021, 10:49 pm
Concierge

Actually, I shouldn't be surprised but I am that you required a B2 visa to visit the US from Mexico.
Old Mar 8th 2021, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

because we are already vaccinated and have been locked up for a year now
.... and how are you travelling?
Old Mar 8th 2021, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

look, we are already vaccinated, we took a test before and after arriving to the states, we are not going to spend anytime in big cities, just in national parks, dont see the problem here, we are not doing anything illegal, the reason i am in this forum is just for the notation the cbp wrote on my passport, nothing to do with the fact of weather is it possible or not possible to go to the states for vacations, thats legal the same way tons of americans have been traveling to puerto vallarta, cancun or baja during the entire lockdown.