[K visa - I-129F] Evidences ???

Old May 28th 2001, 10:09 pm
Eddy

Hi everyone,

I'm french, and want marry my american girlfriend, using the I129-F form to
get a K visa.

In the form, they're asking for evidences that we've met. I guess they want
pictures... But unfortunetaly, even if we've met two times, there are no pictures
with the both of us !

Could flight tickets be considered as an evidence ? (i'm not sure because it doesn't
prove that we've met...)

Has someone any information about what is really needed ?

Thanks in advance,

E.

Old May 29th 2001, 2:23 am
rt

"Eddy" <???@??.fr>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Sir,

When my fiancee had the visa interview in her home country, Kenya, the interviewer
went through everything. They didn't ask but they went through just about every one
of the 100+ or so photos that we had taken together. They also went through the
safari ticket stubs, dinner receipts, airline tickets, and telephone bills. I had
given fiancee just about a copy of everything that I had; birth's certs, CA driver's
license, W-2, paystubs, everything! They gladly looked at everything, too. However,
it seems as though the photos are the most compelling evidence of having met in
person. Seems as though it's a requirement. I hope that you and your love can
overcome this. They are already aware of the "meeting-in-person" photos that can be
done on the computer; so fiancee had the photo negatives as well. I wish you and
yours the greatest of luck.

Oh, I'm not a lawyer, blah, blah, blah, blah, and blah....you know.

Old May 29th 2001, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

we sent photo's, letters with envelopes post marked addressed to each other, phone bills, pass ports with stamps, tickets from visits, I had christmas cards addressed to both of us along with letters from other people, wedding invitation from a friend addressed to us, and things along those lines are good, I think pictures are probably the most compelling evidence that you have met in person.