Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

*URGENT HELP REQURIED* - VWP Query

*URGENT HELP REQURIED* - VWP Query

Old Jul 14th 2010, 11:03 am
Bothered

kungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud of
Exclamation *URGENT HELP REQURIED* - VWP Query

Hi folks,

This topic has been touched on before but i need some advice more specific to my situation...

In February 2009 i was denied a B2 Visa because i couldn't prove economic ties to my country of residence (the UK)... I have since bought property in the UK...

I am planning on travelling back to the US in 3 weeks time for just 1 week and i'm preparing to fill out my ESTA application...

My question is, in the ESTA application where i am asked if i have ever had a visa rejected, am i better to lie and say "no" so that my application is approved and i can then argue my case upon arrival in the US...? I'm worried that if i admit to my visa rejection i will be automatically denied and have to apply for another B2 visa...

Please advise...

Last edited by kungpowdow; Jul 14th 2010 at 11:06 am.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 12:11 pm
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *URGENT HELP REQURIED* - VWP Query

Do you really expect anyone here to suggest that you lie? Especially about something so easy for them to figure out? You need to be honest - just cause you had a denial will not necessarily prevent you from getting an ESTA.

Originally Posted by kungpowdow
Hi folks,

This topic has been touched on before but i need some advice more specific to my situation...

In February 2009 i was denied a B2 Visa because i couldn't prove economic ties to my country of residence (the UK)... I have since bought property in the UK...

I am planning on travelling back to the US in 3 weeks time for just 1 week and i'm preparing to fill out my ESTA application...

My question is, in the ESTA application where i am asked if i have ever had a visa rejected, am i better to lie and say "no" so that my application is approved and i can then argue my case upon arrival in the US...? I'm worried that if i admit to my visa rejection i will be automatically denied and have to apply for another B2 visa...

Please advise...
Old Jul 14th 2010, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

believer will become famous soon enoughbeliever will become famous soon enough

Hi folks,

Please advise...
how do you know for sure if your VWP is automatically denied after you declare on ESTA that you have a visa denied? Unless your name is on the watch list of terrorists,criminals...
Most VWP with history of visa being refused will be pending, it would be approved after 24 hours.
So i really dont suggest you lie to make it all easy with ESTA, if you get caught in U.S, you would be banned for years.
you can apply for multiple VWP's on one passport so you can try that . but the last VWP on your passport will over-ride the previous ones.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You should lie on the ESTA and lie at the port of entry.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My question is, in the ESTA application where i am asked if i have ever had a visa rejected, am i better to lie and say "no" so that my application is approved and i can then argue my case upon arrival in the US...?
What's your risk tolerance? If you lie, and get caught, you face a lifetime ban from the US. So... do you feel lucky?

Ian
Old Jul 14th 2010, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
You should lie on the ESTA and lie at the port of entry.
Agreed. And if the officer gives him a hard time, he should demand to see the British consul straight away.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 1:01 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't give the guy such a hard time!

I find that whenever I'm trying to decide whether to lie on an official government document it's best to ask strangers on the internet to help me make up my mind.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 1:25 pm
Bothered

kungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud of

What a bunch of pricks...!
Old Jul 14th 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

TheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud of

What a bunch of pricks...!
With all due respect, some lightweight browsing of existing threads on this forum should have given you some indication that the more experienced members have little patience for people who ask foolish questions. And your initial question was extremely foolish.

US Immigration Law does not exist to serve your purposes, it exists to keep people who the US considers inappropriate out of the country. If your ESTA is denied due to your previous B2 denial then suck it up and go and apply for another B2.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 2:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

HMy question is, in the ESTA application where i am asked if i have ever had a visa rejected, am i better to lie and say "no" so that my application is approved and i can then argue my case upon arrival in the US...? I'm worried that if i admit to my visa rejection i will be automatically denied and have to apply for another B2 visa......
NEVER LIE.

Thread closed.

Rene
Old Jul 14th 2010, 4:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Forum Usage Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING!

The US Immigration and Visas forum is an "information exchange" for members to discuss and share their immigration experiences. Moving abroad is a serious, and sometimes complicated endeavor, and we ask that members (in addition to our site rules) adhere to the following guidelines in order that this section can remain an important and useful discussion resource:

1. Thread Topic - Use a descriptive title when posting a new thread. Titles such as "Help" or "Advice Needed" will get overlooked, and do not offer any hint as to your intended discussion. Try and give brief details of your topic. For example "Marrying US citizen" or "Looking for info on L1 visas" etc.
2. Search first, discuss later - Before posting a new thread it might be beneficial to use our search function prior to posting your topic. New members frequently ask the same questions over and over again, so by searching first you may find the issue has recently been discussed.
3. Things don't always go as planned - Often we get members who become frustrated when they discover that their "plan of action" is not feasible. In those instances please do not "shoot the messenger" by turning belligerent and argumentative.
4. Thank you goes a long way - If someone has taken the time to discuss, and share their experiences with you then please be appreciative of that and thank them accordingly.
5. Stay on topic - If you wish to participate in off-topic banter/chit-chat please do so in the other forums that are offered for that purpose on this site.
6. We don't walk in their shoes - If someone is offering to share their experiences please do not belittle them, or make personal comments, or judgments, about their situation. It is not helpful to anyone, and only detracts from the discussion at hand.
7. Be respectful - We ask that at all times you treat every member with respect and courtesy.
8. And finally - Any member not adhering to these guidelines will be asked to stop participating in the US Immigration and Visas section of this forum, and if you continue, may be asked to leave the site entirely.