Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

**Does owning property get you in??**

**Does owning property get you in??**

Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:56 am
Monkey Allen

thurstonjj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default **Does owning property get you in??**

Just an quick Q...I managed to buy a house in FL 3 years ago. Does owning property make a difference in getting to the US??
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:26 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: **Does owning property get you in??**

Originally Posted by thurstonjj
Just an quick Q...I managed to buy a house in FL 3 years ago. Does owning property make a difference in getting to the US??
No.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:45 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

What makes you think it would be any easier because you own a house...just interested......
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:57 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

No.

*note: I figure this is one of these questions where the entire f***ing board will have to reply "No" before the OP decides that we may be right.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

No
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:35 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

If it were that easy, everybody and his wife could buy a double-wide on an acre 20 miles outta Hicksville to secure residency. Don't be daft.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fatbrit
If it were that easy, everybody and his wife could buy a double-wide on an acre 20 miles outta Hicksville to secure residency. Don't be daft.
I heard something about getting residency if you owned a minimum of 3 properties in Florida, you had to open a real estate rental company etc etc
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:36 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlienUk
I heard something about getting residency if you owned a minimum of 3 properties in Florida, you had to open a real estate rental company etc etc
It was a scam that died very quickly ...
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:02 am
Joe Feise

Ray wrote on 08/19/07 14:36:

>> I heard something about getting residency if you owned a minimum of
>> 3 properties in Florida, you had to open a real estate rental
>> company etc etc
>
> It was a scam that died very quickly ...

I am always amazed that people fall for these scams.
It seems they don't teach common sense anymore.
--
I am not a lawyer.
For reliable advice, consult a competent immigration attorney.

Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:44 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

We get a new one every week in Florida... Joe ...

And its always too good to be true ... and the mug
punters still fall for it ..
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:54 am
Joe Feise

Ray wrote on 08/20/07 21:44:

>> Ray wrote on 08/19/07 14:36:
>>
>>>> I heard something about getting residency if you owned a minimum of
>>>> 3 properties in Florida, you had to open a real estate rental
>>>> company etc etc
>>> It was a scam that died very quickly ...
>>
>> I am always amazed that people fall for these scams.
>> It seems they don't teach common sense anymore.
>> --
>> I am not a lawyer.
>> For reliable advice, consult a competent immigration attorney.
>
> We get a new one every week in Florida... Joe ...
>
> And its always too good to be true ... and the mug
> punters still fall for it ..

The old adage "there's a sucker born every minute" still seems to hold...
These are the same losers who click on every email promising pictures of
scantily clad female celebrities...

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:05 pm
Piero Giorgi

On Aug 16, 6:57 am, dbj1000 <[email protected]>
wrote:

> > Just an quick Q...I managed to buy a house in FL 3 years ago. Does
> > owning property make a difference in getting to the US??
>
> No.
>
> *note: I figure this is one of these questions where the entire
> f***ing board will have to reply "No" before the OP decides that we
> may be right.

Ok...

No, owning property in the US does NOT help with immigration.
(Just to be clear)

P