British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Ye Olde Perth Ladies updates please! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/ye-olde-perth-ladies-updates-please-480824/)

Larissa Sep 13th 2007 8:19 am

Ye Olde Perth Ladies updates please!

Hi everyone
I was just wondering how all the Perth Ladies are going, most of us have been here 3 years or so... what are you all up to and how are things going?

Well, things are good but hectic for us. The bubba is a toddler and keeps me busy. The kids are really settled but the oldest has kinda romantic notions about England; she swears she still has a pommie accent and won't give up the marmite. My son has calmed down a lot, loves Kindy, can't remember much about England.
So far we haven't been back, we went back to Greece to take bubba back to see my folks but a trip to the UK at the moment is prohibitive and lets face it, it's asking a lot of friends to put up a 5 person family!
I'm at home looking after the kids but toying with the idea of working. Bubba is still young though. Hubby has a great 3 or 4 day a week job and is doing a bit of consultancy work, he's meant to be renovating the kitchen but it's not really happening.
I'd love to hear from the old crowd if there's anyone out there still!
Sandra, Hayleigh, Jill, Teresa, Christina, Simone, Jensteve, Maggie, Mairie..... anyone else I've forgotten?!

sj oldfield Sep 13th 2007 12:25 pm

Re: Ye Olde Perth Ladies updates please!

Originally Posted by Larissa (Post 5305622)
Hi everyone
I was just wondering how all the Perth Ladies are going, most of us have been here 3 years or so... what are you all up to and how are things going?

Well, things are good but hectic for us. The bubba is a toddler and keeps me busy. The kids are really settled but the oldest has kinda romantic notions about England; she swears she still has a pommie accent and won't give up the marmite. My son has calmed down a lot, loves Kindy, can't remember much about England.
So far we haven't been back, we went back to Greece to take bubba back to see my folks but a trip to the UK at the moment is prohibitive and lets face it, it's asking a lot of friends to put up a 5 person family!
I'm at home looking after the kids but toying with the idea of working. Bubba is still young though. Hubby has a great 3 or 4 day a week job and is doing a bit of consultancy work, he's meant to be renovating the kitchen but it's not really happening.
I'd love to hear from the old crowd if there's anyone out there still!
Sandra, Hayleigh, Jill, Teresa, Christina, Simone, Jensteve, Maggie, Mairie..... anyone else I've forgotten?!

Hi Larissa!!!
We are all still here, meet up with Hayley at least twice a week!! Cant believe its been 3 years now, since we loaded all our furniture in that container.
You heard about Becky having to go back???
Give me a call and come along with us when we next go out!!!

Larissa Sep 14th 2007 6:13 am

Hi Sandra I'd love to!
Give my love to Hayleigh will ya!
I'm a bit shocked about Becky going back, I hope she'll be alright... and Steve :(

sj oldfield Sep 16th 2007 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Larissa (Post 5309799)
Hi Sandra I'd love to!
Give my love to Hayleigh will ya!
I'm a bit shocked about Becky going back, I hope she'll be alright... and Steve :(

Will pass on your good wishes to all!!!
It was AWFUL that Steve and Bex had to go back............lets hope things start looking up for them!!

jensteve Sep 16th 2007 2:41 pm

Hi Guys
Yep still here, meet up with Siren, Jill and Mairi every now and then when I have time available or they do, as we are all working and leading busy lives!
Bought 5 acres out in Chittering, so trying to sell house and business at the mo. Glad all well for you.
Jenny

Siren & Brian Oct 1st 2007 12:15 am

Hi Larissa!

I just heard about this thread on Saturday...lol
I still see Maggy & Mark, Jenny & Steve (as mentioned above) Simone & Pascal, Scossie & Gillian pretty regularly though as Jenny said, we're all pretty busy. Some of the others like Mairi & Chris and Jill & Warren less often :(.
And I do run into Jo fairly often at Whitfords..lol

Glad to hear that things are going well for you. Take care!

Siren

sunbather Oct 2nd 2007 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian (Post 5372402)
Hi Larissa!

I just heard about this thread on Saturday...lol
I still see Maggy & Mark, Jenny & Steve (as mentioned above) Simone & Pascal, Scossie & Gillian pretty regularly though as Jenny said, we're all pretty busy. Some of the others like Mairi & Chris and Jill & Warren less often :(.
And I do run into Jo fairly often at Whitfords..lol

Glad to hear that things are going well for you. Take care!

Siren

How are Jill and Warren doing?

Desperate House Flies Oct 2nd 2007 7:04 am

Originally Posted by sunbather (Post 5376254)
How are Jill and Warren doing?

Sent you a pm

;)

Desperate House Flies Oct 2nd 2007 7:13 am

We all met up on Saturday night after some of us had not seen each other for over a year.

It was a very interesting evening, as we have all done so much in the last year, new jobs, new houses, babies born, best friends left :( and babies on the way;).

Maybe one day I will pick up the baton and write that book I have been threatening to do - but right now I have the small matter of a baby due in a week.

Regards from the Desperate One

sunbather Oct 2nd 2007 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Desperate House Flies (Post 5376789)
Sent you a pm

;)

Thanks. And welcome back:)

jensteve Oct 3rd 2007 1:35 am

Jill you've bought a smile to my face, ping pong balls still laughing even now, the world of expats misses your hilarity I am sure, hope the birth goes well, take whatever is available to human science thats what I say. As for Steve, he was still hungover all Sunday and only managed to resemble a human life form Monday!

maggy Oct 4th 2007 2:05 am

Sounds a bit like me lol stayed in bed all day Sunday dying with a hangover.

Cant even remember how I got to bed on Saturday night.

It was great meeting up with everyone again lets do it again soon.

maggy Oct 10th 2007 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Desperate House Flies (Post 5376808)
We all met up on Saturday night after some of us had not seen each other for over a year.

It was a very interesting evening, as we have all done so much in the last year, new jobs, new houses, babies born, best friends left :( and babies on the way;).

Maybe one day I will pick up the baton and write that book I have been threatening to do - but right now I have the small matter of a baby due in a week.

Good luck today doll baby should be here in only a matter of minutes.

Been thinking about you all day and await the phone call very shortly.

Hugs

Mags
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

GinaUK Oct 10th 2007 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by maggy (Post 5407181)
Good luck today doll baby should be here in only a matter of minutes.

Hope Jill has had the baby and that mother and baby are o.k.! :)

Gina

maggy Oct 17th 2007 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Desperate House Flies (Post 5376808)

Jill just been searching through old threads and found the glass shoe diaries lol and wandered. Where the hell are the glass shoes? Who has them lol.