A whole decade.

Old Nov 30th 2013, 10:12 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A whole decade.

Yep, Australia isn't for everyone and if that's the case for you, best to pull out all the stops and return "home".
Old Nov 30th 2013, 10:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I haven't noticed a lot of people going on about how much money they have except for the one or two who delight in telling us all that they intend to buy houses with cash.
I hope I'm not one of those people In the course of discussing my (ongoing!) difficulties with the solicitor re the purchase of our flat I did mention that it was a cash sale, but also mentioned that this was funded out of our superannuation and the sale of our house here. What's left is what we have to live on for the rest of our lives. High flyers we ain't, especially since I've had to give up work due to the RA diagnosis.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 10:31 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I hope I'm not one of those people In the course of discussing my (ongoing!) difficulties with the solicitor re the purchase of our flat I did mention that it was a cash sale, but also mentioned that this was funded out of our superannuation and the sale of our house here. What's left is what we have to live on for the rest of our lives. High flyers we ain't, especially since I've had to give up work due to the RA diagnosis.
Nope, you're not. You are just juggling your limited finances the best way you can. The same way as many of the rest of us, I think.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 10:33 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, you're not. You are just juggling your limited finances the best way you can. The same way as many of the rest of us, I think.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
A hear ya, bloomin kids are expensive items but you cant help but love'em.
I have two grown up sons still living at home, so basically its four adults to feed.
What we do is sit down and list all the cash we have coming in each month and then list it against all our outgoings... then chuck the lists in the bin 'cos that never bloody works.

Our weekly food bill is staggering, but we have the money each week to cover it. God alone knows how those on low/fixed incomes manage.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCreature
I have two grown up sons still living at home, so basically its four adults to feed.
What we do is sit down and list all the cash we have coming in each month and then list it against all our outgoings... then chuck the lists in the bin 'cos that never bloody works.

Our weekly food bill is staggering, but we have the money each week to cover it. God alone knows how those on low/fixed incomes manage.
Creature- the only time you need a budget is if income is less than outgoings...or you have serious spending issues...

Polly...can't you even sleep on someone's sofa for a year?
You can also afford to return to the Uk more than I can...use these funds to pay transportation costs...and you have no kids...this has already saved you a fortune..

Btw..this forum is not full of millionaires..apart from Grayling and a few loaded contractors or senior professionals...
most just have mortgages which allows them to leverage..

Do you have any friends who like Brisbane or do you tend to attract people who tend to go back?
Old Dec 13th 2013, 12:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Amazulu
He became an enviro

If you've ever had to deal with them you'll know what I mean
That man saved our sanity Amazulu.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 12:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TheCreature

Pretty much the same with us. My youngest son has sprouted to a smidge over 6 ft 2 now, both play lots of sports and go to the gym so they eat like horses. Then there's uni fees, mobile phones, pocket money, motorbikes and a shared car - all compliments of M&D bank. Happy to pay though - they are both good hard working lads and always try their best. Eldest got his end of semester uni results today. Straight credits
Old Dec 15th 2013, 12:27 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Do it woman! Go back if yer aint happy. Think of no.1. You have no hubby or kids to think about.

(and STOP making trips back to the UK, save it instead).

Life is too short at your age
Old Dec 15th 2013, 12:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Do it woman! Go back if yer aint happy. Think of no.1. You have no hubby or kids to think about.

(and STOP making trips back to the UK, save it instead).

Life is too short at your age

That's why I make those trips though....otherwise I could be saving money for 10 years then drop dead before I get a chance to go back and see everyone!
Old Dec 17th 2013, 6:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
That man saved our sanity Amazulu.
cool
Old Dec 17th 2013, 6:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Then there's uni fee
You pay those?

Let them pay their own and/or get a job. Plenty of kids do

We're paying for our son to finish year 12 and then he's on his own. If he can't afford to/does not want to go to uni there are plenty of other options to get skilled and educated

I did an electrician apprenticeship. One of the best things I've ever done and have never looked back
Old Dec 17th 2013, 8:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You pay those?

Let them pay their own and/or get a job. Plenty of kids do

We're paying for our son to finish year 12 and then he's on his own. If he can't afford to/does not want to go to uni there are plenty of other options to get skilled and educated

I did an electrician apprenticeship. One of the best things I've ever done and have never looked back
We're not yet eligible for HECS so we're paying the first two years for each of them - if that's what they want. After that they're on their own. Eldest has a job, youngest is looking for one. I don't mind supporting them - provided they're not lazy arses.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 12:23 am
Just Joined

louie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nicelouie13 is just really nice

This thread has confused me even more!!! I am British born dual citizen but lived in Australia since I was 1 years old till I was 27. I have now been living in the UK for 7 years (my partner is British) and have two daughters who where both born in England but have dual citizenship and passports. I have been wanting to move back to Australia (Perth) for the last couple of years as I thought I would be giving my children a better quality of life and more opportunities. My partner does not want to move (we lived there for a year before we had children he hated it) and says he will not come if I decide to go..... So obviously I am very confused and torn. After reading this I am wondering will my children's lives be better??
Old Dec 29th 2013, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie13
After reading this I am wondering will my children's lives be better??
Swapping their father for some sunshine? No.

If you and he both fancied a change, it might be worth trying. But if he's lived there before and hated it, even to the extent of choosing to let you and your children go without him, then unless you are desperately unhappy in the UK I can't understand why you are even thinking about it to be honest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.