A whole decade.

Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A whole decade.

Do it, go crazy, take a risk, jump on the plane and get on your way. It would be terrifying of course (done it twice with very little money and no job and a toddler in tow!)

Go armed with your CV and knock some doors down. What is the point of waiting another year.

I was given all kinds of negative advice in the periods before I moved, especially regarding a job, not many jobs available and all that. I always responded that this is fine as I only want one job.

You would survive it after perhaps a difficult year.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 3:48 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely. There's no point in sitting on your arse doing nothing but whinge about it. Reshuffle the cards that life has dealt you and try again. I know there are some things that you can't change but there is enough that you can to be able to make the difference. Maybe also try to see it as an opportunity for personal improvement. Things like studying something new, etc.

Make it happen.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 6:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
eyup missis, was just thinking about you so I thought id pop on here and have a look ... and here you are
congrats on surviving 10 years ... was it really over 6 years ago that we met up at chris's? so much has changed since then ...

retrain as a nurse perhaps? they don't have enough nurses up here in Sheffield to fill the empty posts ...
me as a nurse? not a chance, couldnt do it for so many reasons - and my health isn't good enough now.

good to hear from you - and yes it is that long ago we met up, scary
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 6:50 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Never. People with as much guts as Pollyanna are never fooked. Maybe temporarily stook, but never permanently fooked or stooked.

I have no idea what I just wrote, better go to bed
I'll never be fooked with a best mate like him behind me, he's good at rescuing me
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 2:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'll never be fooked with a best mate like him behind me, he's good at rescuing me
Lovely to hear, everyone needs at least one good mate like that
Old Nov 25th 2013, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

We hear you, its been 8 years for us though. Just been back to the UK and we are now wondering why the fook we bothered coming back, and we are now stuck here. It really is just to difficult to get on, and after 8 years of struggling to make ends meet and loosing our house, stick a fork in me, I'm done.

Would I do it again, would I bo***cks.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 2:47 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey poll, lots of hugs to you. I know what its like to be trapped! I keep saying, that we'll go back after oldest finishes uni, youngest finishes school, then summit else, then summit else!!

Its not easy with limited funds, i keep trying (and failing!) to save I know we are more fortunate than alot on here, we are both working and keeping our heads above water.

Last edited by Margaret3; Nov 25th 2013 at 2:49 am.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 2:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by si.young
We hear you, its been 8 years for us though. Just been back to the UK and we are now wondering why the fook we bothered coming back, and we are now stuck here. It really is just to difficult to get on, and after 8 years of struggling to make ends meet and loosing our house, stick a fork in me, I'm done.

Its nice for me to know we are not alone, sometimes i feel this forum is full of millionaires, lol! (or they think they are!)
Old Nov 25th 2013, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Its nice for me to know we are not alone, sometimes i feel this forum is full of millionaires, lol! (or they think they are!)
Ohh your not alone that is certain, I personally know people who have given up and have already gone home or are thinking about it. I have been trying to get work back home but I don't have any savings left to get us all back there
Old Nov 28th 2013, 11:30 am
Home and Happy

My thoughts exactly

Hey poll, lots of hugs to you. I know what its like to be trapped! I keep saying, that we'll go back after oldest finishes uni, youngest finishes school, then summit else, then summit else!!

Its not easy with limited funds, i keep trying (and failing!) to save I know we are more fortunate than alot on here, we are both working and keeping our heads above water.
Ohh your not alone that is certain, I personally know people who have given up and have already gone home or are thinking about it. I have been trying to get work back home but I don't have any savings left to get us all back there
I do read some of the posts on here with a tang of envy at times, people earning large salaries, and many of them talking as if they expect everyone to be the same. Tryimng to save isn't easy - all my original savings went on trying to make life work here, and now I prefer to try and enjoy life by using cash to travel home. That way if the world ends tomorrow at least I've enjoyed something
Old Nov 28th 2013, 11:40 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My thoughts exactly

I do read some of the posts on here with a tang of envy at times, people earning large salaries, and many of them talking as if they expect everyone to be the same. Tryimng to save isn't easy - all my original savings went on trying to make life work here, and now I prefer to try and enjoy life by using cash to travel home. That way if the world ends tomorrow at least I've enjoyed something
I hope you have a good super at work - maybe that will get you home
Old Nov 28th 2013, 1:56 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't noticed a lot of people going on about how much money they have except for the one or two who delight in telling us all that they intend to buy houses with cash.

On face value, it could be said that my wife and I are raking it in but by the time we pay the bills for ourselves and our expensive, permanently ravenously-hungry teenagers (bless them), there is very little left over each month. We might even need to borrow a bit of money to get through this next few years - not that we are complaining about it. Definately, a UK holiday once or twice a year for us is unaffordable but good luck to those who can afford it.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulry
I haven't noticed a lot of people going on about how much money they have except for the one or two who delight in telling us all that they intend to buy houses with cash.

On face value, it could be said that my wife and I are raking it in but by the time we pay the bills for ourselves and our expensive, permanently ravenously-hungry teenagers (bless them), there is very little left over each month. We might even need to borrow a bit of money to get through this next few years - not that we are complaining about it. Definately, a UK holiday once or twice a year for us is unaffordable but good luck to those who can afford it.
A hear ya, bloomin kids are expensive items but you cant help but love'em.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold

I know what its like to be trapped! I keep saying, that we'll go back after oldest finishes uni, youngest finishes school, then summit else, then summit else!!
I know the feeling!

Unless my husband and I just set a date to move back to the UK and work to it (regardless of finances and other issues), I think I'll be here forever as there is always a seemingly compelling reason to stay a bit longer. And even then, I think we would probably be moving back without two of our three children.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Famous 5
I know the feeling!

Unless my husband and I just set a date to move back to the UK and work to it (regardless of finances and other issues), I think I'll be here forever as there is always a seemingly compelling reason to stay a bit longer. And even then, I think we would probably be moving back without two of our three children.
We have, for some stupid reason, just returned from the UK where we have had to leave our daughter, really hard thing to do. She just didn't want to stay here as there are just no opportunities for school leavers.

The "lucky Country" "A fair go" my ass. We need to set a date me thinks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.