1 Week in melbourne

Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default 1 Week in melbourne

Hi all, I know this is early for a update but some people asked me to let them now how we got on, so here goes;;
Arrived last Sat, felt great when we got of the plane at 0600 in morning, this changed by miday into total colapse, very tired and felt very ill, by sunday we felt better and happy.
Monday sorted out TFN, very easy and all done online, also sorted out medicare, this was also easy and the staff were very helpfull.
Tuesday did bank accounts at westpac, the staff were great and the cards arrived thursday,
Wed bought a car and booked to change driving licences for today. went to Car city as we had a limited budget for a car, found a cheapish estate car for £6000, picked up today.
spoke to centralink about kinder fees and also filled out the online forms all very easy.
enrolled our son for 2 mornings a week.
First impressions are very good, however we are going to start exploring areas to live ect, rowville is very nice but a bit quiet for us.
We had a lot of ideas about the place from peoples reports and stuff, but we have learned that its best found out for yourselves, a few things suprised us like food, we have found it cheaper here than the uk, also the choice of shops, we find it much better but we are not from the city in the uk so i dont no if that has any bearing on it, we were told that there is limited choice on clothes ect but we dont think this is the case, again its best found out for yourselves.
We have found people to be very helpfull and have not had any issues at all. We are off to geelong and torquay tommorow for a look, we have promised ourselves next week to do the tourist thing, zoo neighbours set ect.
I have applied for a few jobs online to test the water but will start looking properly in a weeks time.
All in all its been good so far and the reality of it all has sunk in and that we are here and this is our new life. our son who is four has suprised me by how well he has settled in, oh singapore airlines were great by the way, id recomend them anytime, they could not do enough for you on the flights.
anyway any questions let me know.
john
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

juliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nice
Default Re: 1 Week in melbourne

Originally Posted by johnknight001
Hi all, I know this is early for a update but some people asked me to let them now how we got on, so here goes;;
Arrived last Sat, felt great when we got of the plane at 0600 in morning, this changed by miday into total colapse, very tired and felt very ill, by sunday we felt better and happy.
Monday sorted out TFN, very easy and all done online, also sorted out medicare, this was also easy and the staff were very helpfull.
Tuesday did bank accounts at westpac, the staff were great and the cards arrived thursday,
Wed bought a car and booked to change driving licences for today. went to Car city as we had a limited budget for a car, found a cheapish estate car for £6000, picked up today.
spoke to centralink about kinder fees and also filled out the online forms all very easy.
First impressions are very good, however we are going to start exploring areas to live ect, rowville is very nice but a bit quiet for us.
We had a lot of ideas about the place from peoples reports and stuff, but we have learned that its best found out for yourselves, a few things suprised us like food, we have found it cheaper here than the uk, also the choice of shops, we find it much better but we are not from the city in the uk so i dont no if that has any bearing on it, we were told that there is limited choice on clothes ect but we dont think this is the case, again its best found out for yourselves.
We have found people to be very helpfull and have not had any issues at all. We are off to geelong and torquay tommorow for a look, we have promised ourselves next week to do the tourist thing, zoo neighbours set ect.
I have applied for a few jobs online to test the water but will start looking properly in a weeks time.
All in all its been good so far and the reality of it all has sunk in and that we are here and this is our new life. our son who is four has suprised me by how well he has settled in, oh singapore airlines were great by the way, id recomend them anytime, they could not do enough for you on the flights.
john
Great to hear how you are getting on - let us know the next chapter and the job situ..

Julie x
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

forgot to add that my wife got us both contract phones with 3 network due to housewife apparantly being a occupation, anyway it saved us having to fork out for pay as u go, also we got skyp capable phones to make it easyier to call the uk.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

On ya mate. Rowville is a bit of a no man's land to be honest.

Wagon mate, wagon.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your job/suburb hunting We're not far from you, in The Basin. Will let you know if there is anything interesting on in the area

Rachel
Old Aug 29th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
On ya mate. Rowville is a bit of a no man's land to be honest.

Wagon mate, wagon.
fair one, it is a wagon, slowly getting used to the terms, now having a stubby.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

wannabe in oz will become famous soon enough

john
all sounds good mate happy days
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Godo darts dude
Throw a shrimp on da barbie hey!

We shal be joining the melbourne massive soon

jason
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear from you Jason.

Can't believe you are over there already, wow. We filled in our applications on the same day - I will be over in 2011 I think

Hope everything continues to go well for you.
All the best
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

We aint there yet linda
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
We aint there yet linda
Whooops. Misread. I did think that was quick.

Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

But in 6 weeks or so
Old Aug 30th 2009, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Crow
Good luck with your job/suburb hunting We're not far from you, in The Basin. Will let you know if there is anything interesting on in the area

Rachel
thanks rachel