British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   WE'RE NOW STAYING. YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/were-now-staying-yipppppppeeeeeeeee-452158/)

Anjibabe May 22nd 2007 8:10 am

WE'RE NOW STAYING. YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE

Hello folks, A wee update on the continuing saga of Framacs heart attack and where we are now. As you can see from the heading, Sunny Scotland will just need to do without our wee sunny dispositions for a while yet. Framac is coming on great guns with his physio and is allowed to work 6 months after surgery which is about 3 months away. Being Framac he wants to go back yesterday and is busy trying to convince anybody who'll listen that hes as fit as a fiddle. Financially we thought we were beat, but it now looks like we'll get by. It was $9000 to send our furniture home and probably about the same for us and no home to go home to. So we thought, $20,000 with no home, we'd be better off staying here. A few wee favours were called in and we think we're going to just make it. The house is off the market and the bank deferred the mortgage which gives us a bit of breathing space. I'm feeling a bit more content and framac and the kids are delighted. A couple of sisters from Scotland sounded disappointed but they didn't want us to leave Scotland in the first place. We were down the beach the other day and it was like being there for the first time. We appreciated it and felt at peace with ourselves which was very pleasant. A couple of hurdles may appear in the near future but we think we've had more than our fair share for a wee while. Framacs physio even cut his rehab today to one day a week from two so things are looking up. Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support through our difficult times. CHEERS:thumbsup:

Wendy May 22nd 2007 8:12 am

Re: WE'RE NOW STAYING. YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE

Originally Posted by Anjibabe (Post 4813308)
Hello folks, A wee update on the continuing saga of Framacs heart attack and where we are now. As you can see from the heading, Sunny Scotland will just need to do without our wee sunny dispositions for a while yet. Framac is coming on great guns with his physio and is allowed to work 6 months after surgery which is about 3 months away. Being Framac he wants to go back yesterday and is busy trying to convince anybody who'll listen that hes as fit as a fiddle. Financially we thought we were beat, but it now looks like we'll get by. It was $9000 to send our furniture home and probably about the same for us and no home to go home to. So we thought, $20,000 with no home, we'd be better off staying here. A few wee favours were called in and we think we're going to just make it. The house is off the market and the bank deferred the mortgage which gives us a bit of breathing space. I'm feeling a bit more content and framac and the kids are delighted. A couple of sisters from Scotland sounded disappointed but they didn't want us to leave Scotland in the first place. We were down the beach the other day and it was like being there for the first time. We appreciated it and felt at peace with ourselves which was very pleasant. A couple of hurdles may appear in the near future but we think we've had more than our fair share for a wee while. Framacs physio even cut his rehab today to one day a week from two so things are looking up. Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support through our difficult times. CHEERS:thumbsup:

That's really excellent news. I am so pleased for you all. :thumbsup:

Nomore May 22nd 2007 8:13 am

Excellent news. Happy days;)

Dazza49 May 22nd 2007 8:15 am

I'm so pleased for you all.At least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. keep us posted.

Ally

Mrs JFW May 22nd 2007 8:17 am

That is such fabulous news! I am so pleased for you all, I really am! :D

Scrawni 2 May 22nd 2007 8:20 am

Aw, that's fantastic new, I am sooo please for you all. After what you've been through you deserve to be happy. :D

Mandy

Gems May 22nd 2007 8:39 am

Oh thats the most amazing news.

If anyone deserves a bit of luck its your family.

Good luck with the rest of the physio but sounds like he's doing brill. Well done, you must be a strong close family to pull through all this. I think your making the right decision.

GEMS

ub40fan May 22nd 2007 8:44 am

Only one thing I can say

FANTASTIC

jo andy + 2 May 22nd 2007 8:47 am

Im so pleased its working out for you guys....you sound really happy
all the best and good luck for the future...
:wub:
Jo
x

thedons May 22nd 2007 9:51 am

Good luck with everything and welldone for staying so strong
Fantastic news good on ya's:thumbsup:

curly May 22nd 2007 10:06 am

That's wonderful news :thumbsup: really pleased for you all :D

busterboy May 22nd 2007 10:22 am

Just lovely...very pleased for all of you. Best wishes.

liverpool girl May 22nd 2007 10:30 am

I am so pleased for you all!! I really hope that the next year will be your best yet after the difficult time you've had. Well done on surviving the past few months.

mark 'n' joe May 22nd 2007 11:14 am

Brilliant news:thumbsup:

Glad hubbys doing well too.:thumbup:

Joex

Clippy May 22nd 2007 11:23 am

Woohoo that's fantastic news :thumbsup: