We made it!

Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:47 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We made it!

Originally Posted by paulry
A great update! Well done Cooler and Mrs Cooler
Thanks mate, hope all is well with you

Did I mention that they love AFL here

Cooler
Old Mar 30th 2011, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Great update. A picture (or a few) says a thousand words.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 7:16 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Great update. A picture (or a few) says a thousand words.
Well, the camera is now broken! But I have tried to upload some photo's and can only get this one on for now.

Cooler
Attached Thumbnails We made it!-_mg_0601.jpg  
Old Apr 6th 2011, 1:01 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Thanks mate, hope all is well with you

Did I mention that they love AFL here

Cooler
That's terrible. What steps are you taking to protect your children from it?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:58 am
Capt Hilts

Originally Posted by paulry
That's terrible. What steps are you taking to protect your children from it?
Decided to plunge in! I support three teams Crows (Adelaide) Richmond and The Suns. The GC Suns becasue I have told Mrs C that I must be allowed to attend a home match The look on her face would suggest that might be a long time coming

The worst thing is that I am an Ipswich Town fan and we have a Norwich friend who lives around the corner. His son is a similar age to our youngest and he's become a Norwich fan!!!

How are you?

Cooler
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:59 am
Capt Hilts

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Well, the camera is now broken! But I have tried to upload some photo's and can only get this one on for now.

Cooler
That's our dog BTW!

Cooler
Old Jul 7th 2011, 11:21 am
Capt Hilts

Hi folks,
can't remember what I've updated but...

Mrs C trained as an enrooled nurse last year and did plenty of agency work on good money over Christmas. She got a full-time permanent job work at on of the hospitals in Adelaide a few months ago and loves. She just passed her probationary period and has been told that they will help her do her RN. So that is great news, may mean she has to cut her hours slightly to study. Should be sort term pain for long term gain.

Kids are still having swimming lessons and Mrs C has started as well. She really is doing well, she goes to a personal intructor every week who lives across the road. The guy is 74 but looks like an exceptionally fit 60 year old.

Just me who needs to get back to fitness as I do nothing! I find it hard as I cannot run (bad hip) and as well as work 60% FTE and do most of the looking after the kids. The good news is that the youngest boy starts school after the holidays - cheaper than child care! Mrs C and I do intend to do the bronze within the next two years and do patrol at the surf club, so I'll have to look better by then

I'll puts some pictures on soon, but unfortunately, the camera broke a while back.

Anyway, got final proof on reports for tomorrow...

Cooler
Old Jul 11th 2011, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice to hear that all still going well. Well done Mrs C on getting perm job & good luck with doing RN training, will be so worth it for her
Old Jul 18th 2011, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

cheeto is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: We made it!

Hi, glad you made it safe and sound. we are going in Sept for a holiday only need to sell the house first so have to come back after a few months.

We are in two minds weather to ship the car over too, someone did put a reply on this a few weeks ago but cant find it now, sods law.

All I Know is that if you have owned the car for more than 12 mths then you pay no import tax, but it needs to have the air con drained and oil and has to be spotless (steam cleaned) to pass the Adelaide import regs. Not sure if it
will be too much hassle, anyone know of someone who has already done this? is it worth the hassle, given the cars in OZ are much more expensive than the UK?

Good luck in Adelaide I love the place cant wait to get there, my daughter and hubby have been there for 5 years and have just bought their first house.

So best of luck to you and your family, great place for kiddies.

Any advice would help on the import car front.

Thanks
Old Oct 5th 2011, 8:32 am
Capt Hilts

Tw years today, we flew out of Manchester to our new life in Australia. We had a few problems to overcome, before we got here, but it was all worth it.

Our eldest two are members of a Surf Life Saving Club and I have started to get involved in the running of the Juniors - the youngest boy joins this year We have an exceptionally wonderful Kelpie which is just great with the kids and very clever.

Mrs Cooler is an Enrolled Nurse and has worked for about five months in one of the major hospitals in Adelaide. She has applied to go to Uni next year and will spend two years working part-time and studying to become an RN

Me, I still teach but went part-time this year and spend more time with the kids (they'll say more time moaning at them!). We have loads of friends, Brits, South Africans and more Australian friends than you can throw a bent stick at.

We have a lovely house out in the sticks with hills behind and the sea just a couple of minutes drive.

The Uk = a girlfriend I loved, but I moved on and got married to the real thing!

Cooler and co
Old Oct 5th 2011, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome! Congrats.

Onward and onward and forward and upward!
Old Oct 5th 2011, 8:17 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

BRILLIANT, that made me smile, congrats on your first two years! We're at 20 months today ourselves, where has the time gone eh!
Old Dec 12th 2011, 7:40 am
Capt Hilts

Cannot give any karma Jen and Alfresco as not been on here since October! Cheers, guys.

Last day of school for the kids today!!! Just their dad who's in until the end of the week

Kids all great, Elizabeth has undoubtedly got a lot of her 'drama' talent from her beautiful mother! Mrs Cooler used to do a lot of theatre workshops and knows Anna Friel! Sadly, I have never met her but did have an invite from Anthony Cotton from Corrie once

Mrs Cooler has decided to drop to 0.84 from Feb as the shifts and the long drive plus family are tiring her out. Just means I have to work more, life's just not fair.

Board training for Joseph and Alex didn't happen last Friday
http://southern-times-messenger.wher...ted-off-moana/

No sign of them on Saturday, so surf life saving went ahead. The cans were set closer in though!

Mrs C went back a couple of months ago as her sister was suddenly diagnosed with brain tumour. The surgery lasted about ten hours and she came through with really well. She knew that she would be deaf in one ear but, sadly, they said the facial nerve had died. The good news is that she has recently been told that the nerve has some life in it !!!

Mrs Cooler was glad to see her mum and sister but was glad to get back to the beautiful mid coast of South Australia.

Catch up soon,
Cooler
Old Dec 12th 2011, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for the update.