We made it!

Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:57 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We made it!

Originally Posted by paulry
lil???

Only joking
Oi cheeky!!! So, when will I put the kettle on for your arrival?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:06 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Oi cheeky!!! So, when will I put the kettle on for your arrival?
But I'm not keen on boiled beer!

Out of here on halloween (the clocks go back that day too - so glad to not have to live through a dark winter again, but better make sure we remember that the clocks have changed ). Then it'll be desperately-needed R&R in South Africa for a few weeks before arriving in Aus at the end of November.

How far are you from Canberra?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:17 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

But I'm not keen on boiled beer!

Out of here on halloween (the clocks go back that day too - so glad to not have to live through a dark winter again, but better make sure we remember that the clocks have changed ). Then it'll be desperately-needed R&R in South Africa for a few weeks before arriving in Aus at the end of November.

How far are you from Canberra?
Far?! lol 1126km according to google maps lol
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:27 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Far?! lol 1126km according to google maps lol
You must really be in the back end of nowhere, Jen. Or is it that Canberra is the back end of nowhere?

If you can make it to Sydney for New Year maybe we can meet up there. Planning to be at the waterfront to see in our first Australian New Year.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

You must really be in the back end of nowhere, Jen. Or is it that Canberra is the back end of nowhere?

If you can make it to Sydney for New Year maybe we can meet up there. Planning to be at the waterfront to see in our first Australian New Year.
We've Simon's folks over for Christmas and New Year so doubt we'll be going too far afield this year! Maybe next year tho!!!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:16 pm
Banned

We've Simon's folks over for Christmas and New Year so doubt we'll be going too far afield this year! Maybe next year tho!!!
They aren't wasting much time in visiting. But I guess you've been lucky with accomodation sorted, etc almost from the word go. One of my fears is that we'll have barely landed and we'll be inundated with holidaying relatives before we can settle down properly. Had lots of "last chance to see the UK while we are here" visits both last year and this. They're great relatives but with the backdrop of all that we have to do I'm kind of sick of it, TBH. In that regard the word "No! " is going to feature a lot during this next year or so. But it'll be interesting to see how long it holds out
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:35 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

They aren't wasting much time in visiting. But I guess you've been lucky with accomodation sorted, etc almost from the word go. One of my fears is that we'll have barely landed and we'll be inundated with holidaying relatives before we can settle down properly. Had lots of "last chance to see the UK while we are here" visits both last year and this. They're great relatives but with the backdrop of all that we have to do I'm kind of sick of it, TBH. In that regard the word "No! " is going to feature a lot during this next year or so. But it'll be interesting to see how long it holds out
Nah it was our idea for them to come, they're lovely, but I might end up needing a new liver by the time they leave lol
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Great update and congrats on the house
Old Sep 27th 2010, 5:30 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, not done any photo's yet! On holiday so maybe able to get some done this week. The big news for me, is that I have decided to go part-time next year. Mrs C will qualify as an enrolled nurse at the end of this year and she will work full-time somewhere.

It looks like I'll be doing 0.63 of full-time so I should have more time for the kids and also to do some of the things that Mrs C currently does so well. Looks like I'll be digging out some cooking books!

This might mean we get more time on the beach, which can't be a bad thing

Cooler
Old Sep 30th 2010, 10:43 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

YAY sounds good to me...
im so looking forward to time on the beach/family time this year now ive escaped from long/rubbish work hours...
might see you down there lol
Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler

This might mean we get more time on the beach, which can't be a bad thing

Cooler
Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:00 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Well, just a quick update.

I still have not got around to putting any photo's on here!

We have had a few visitors over the last couple of months. MIL and SIL were here for two months and three weeks respectively. It was great to see them but they are coming during the holidays next time so we get more time together. OH's Ex-MIL is still here...

Mrs C spent last year training as an enrolled nurse and worked her socks off and received her registration yesterday She has been doing agency care work over Christmas and New Year - what a trooper.

Kids absolutely love it here and they older two are starting to do well in surf life saving - swimming lessons worth every cent. The younger two are picking up the accent the most and love running around naked, picking up insects They all love our kelpie called Foxy and she is a real softy.

Our anniversary today, those who have met Mrs C, know how lucky I am.

We love living in a small village next to the sea which has a beautiful beach. Strangers say hello, wave to you and let you etc when in the car.

Cooler
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:49 am
Capt Hilts

Well, still not got those house photos on!

The latest news from us is that my wonderful wife went for two jobs and got offered both of them. She trained here in Adelaide last year with a private colllege and qualified as an Enrolled Nurse. The fees were $7,000 and she has earned far more than that doing agency work. She is waiting for a start date, but thinks it will be in the next two weeks at The Royal Adelaide Hospital. Well done Mrs C.

My father is staying with us at the moment and really likes it here in (usually) sunny Adelaide. My mother is too scared to fly all this way, but at least my father has seen our life out here. My dad is 78 but still pretty active, didn't sleep for two days before he came and then at Singapore decided to go on a bus tour and have a drink and a meal at Raffles in his 13hr stop over!

Our two eldest (8, 10) competed at the State Surf Life Saving Finals and missed out on medals but they really enjoy the training and competition. Anyone who has kids involved, will know how high the standard is, remarkable.

We've been here 18 months and the youngest two sound like true South Australians now!

The terrible news is that being an Ipswich fan, I have had the misfortune to have a Norwich fan who lives around the corner! But I have met two Aussies who support the Tractor Boys, so that has made up for it

There is no doubt that they're a funny breed in SA, especially in the South, but we love it.

Now, where did I put those photo's.

Cooler
Old Mar 28th 2011, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely to know things are going well for you guys & well done to Mrs C!
Old Mar 28th 2011, 3:29 am
Capt Hilts

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
Lovely to know things are going well for you guys & well done to Mrs C!
Thank you Sally, not always been easy with four kids but it's about keeping going.

Cooler
Old Mar 29th 2011, 1:41 pm
Banned

A great update! Well done Cooler and Mrs Cooler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.