We have arrived!

Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold
Smile We have arrived!

Well at long long las we have made it to Australia! After all my fears of flying we had a pretty good flight with only slight turbulence. We arrived yesterday morning at 7am in Sydney and after a super emotional farewell we had another emotional meeting with my OH and my dad it was worth the wait! We arrived at our new home in Engadine which is lovely and then my sister suprised us with my niece and nephews whom i hadnt seen for three years so more tears! Still hasnt sunk in really that i am here. I woke up at 6am after managing to stay awake all day and not having slept since i left the UK on Saturday evening. Boys loving the new house and obviously seeing daddy for the first time in two months.
OH is back in the office today so its just me and the boys in the house. our stuff arrives in November so we are camping out a bit at the moment. My dad has given us mattresses and a table and chairs , crockery and i brought bedding etc over with me but it doesnt bother me, We are here, we have done it and most importantly we are back together as a family.... I am so happy!
Emma in Engadine! x
Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:56 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We have arrived!

WOO HOO WELCOME!!! Glad you made and it and that you're all together once again, here's to the future and a great one at that! Jen xo
Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:58 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 2:19 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emma75
Well at long long las we have made it to Australia! After all my fears of flying we had a pretty good flight with only slight turbulence. We arrived yesterday morning at 7am in Sydney and after a super emotional farewell we had another emotional meeting with my OH and my dad it was worth the wait! We arrived at our new home in Engadine which is lovely and then my sister suprised us with my niece and nephews whom i hadnt seen for three years so more tears! Still hasnt sunk in really that i am here. I woke up at 6am after managing to stay awake all day and not having slept since i left the UK on Saturday evening. Boys loving the new house and obviously seeing daddy for the first time in two months.
OH is back in the office today so its just me and the boys in the house. our stuff arrives in November so we are camping out a bit at the moment. My dad has given us mattresses and a table and chairs , crockery and i brought bedding etc over with me but it doesnt bother me, We are here, we have done it and most importantly we are back together as a family.... I am so happy!
Emma in Engadine! x
Engadine??? ENGADINE?????
You flew to the other side of the world to live in bloody Engadine????

lol.....congrats!!!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 3:09 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats Emma - you did it!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to Oz!

Alison x
Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on getting here finally
Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:21 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Glad to hear you arrived safely Emma and that your family is finally reunited enjoy your new life
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

All the best for your new life.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Well here we are 2 weeks ago today i landed. Have had a busy couple of weeks. The boys started school today so its just me home alone. They were both excited to start and couldnt wait to try their new uniforms on last friday. My eldest was a bit anxious this morning on the walk to school but went off with his class no problem. Harry, my 5 year old just walked into class without a goodbye! Have seen my sister alot she lives in the northern beaches. It is lovely to see our kids playing with their cousins whom they didnt really know that well. This weekend we are going to my dads for the weekend in the central coast. My brother flew home yesterday, he very kindly flew out with me two weeks ago to help me on the flight ( I am a pathetic wreck when flying!) We dropped him at Sydney airport which was very emotional and it felt soo strange they he was going back to England and i was staying here, Although a big part of me was relieved that i did not have to go on a plane again!
Our car is being delivered today which i am sure will make a big difference and i cant wait to be able to do a bit of exploring. I have made one friend here, a mother who was introduced to me at the school when i first went in. She is from London and has a little boy in Kindy with my son. I was actually invited out on Friday of last week for dinner with all the kindy mums but could not make it, but i am told that they go out every month and meet for coffee weekly so i am hoping to meet some friends.
OH job is going well and he is loving the fact we are here with him. All good so far although its early days. I am thinking of looking for a little job after christmas to get me out the house, but i will see how i feel then.
House is lovely with amazing views and the boys are loving seeing the parrots on our decking. I hope i continue to feel this happy!
Emma x
Old Nov 1st 2010, 2:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

House is lovely with amazing views and the boys are loving seeing the parrots on our decking. I hope i continue to feel this happy!
Emma x
I am with your boys, I still love seeing parrots and cockatoos.

Glad you are settling in.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 2:37 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Well here we are 2 weeks ago today i landed. Have had a busy couple of weeks. The boys started school today so its just me home alone. They were both excited to start and couldnt wait to try their new uniforms on last friday. My eldest was a bit anxious this morning on the walk to school but went off with his class no problem. Harry, my 5 year old just walked into class without a goodbye! Have seen my sister alot she lives in the northern beaches. It is lovely to see our kids playing with their cousins whom they didnt really know that well. This weekend we are going to my dads for the weekend in the central coast. My brother flew home yesterday, he very kindly flew out with me two weeks ago to help me on the flight ( I am a pathetic wreck when flying!) We dropped him at Sydney airport which was very emotional and it felt soo strange they he was going back to England and i was staying here, Although a big part of me was relieved that i did not have to go on a plane again!
Our car is being delivered today which i am sure will make a big difference and i cant wait to be able to do a bit of exploring. I have made one friend here, a mother who was introduced to me at the school when i first went in. She is from London and has a little boy in Kindy with my son. I was actually invited out on Friday of last week for dinner with all the kindy mums but could not make it, but i am told that they go out every month and meet for coffee weekly so i am hoping to meet some friends.
OH job is going well and he is loving the fact we are here with him. All good so far although its early days. I am thinking of looking for a little job after christmas to get me out the house, but i will see how i feel then.
Emma x
Hey Emma ... Great to hear this lovely update! So glad to hear it's all working out well for you!!!!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

Great to hear it has all worked out well

You had had a tough time

Enjoy....
Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Lovely update! Congratulations on finally making it! I hope you have a very happy life in Oz!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

corfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nice

Emma in Engadine! x
Hi Emma

Had been following your trials and tribulations, you really went through the mill. You were amazing through the whole thing, your OH must be really proud of you. I bet it feels like brilliant to have made it.

I am in those hellish last 2 weeks and feel stressed from morning til night, and get very little sleep.

We are heading to Sydney too, at the moment have no idea where as OH company hasn't sorted our temp accomm yet.

Anyway, sure we'll make it in the end.
Good luck to you and your family
Carmella

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.