Reload this Page >

Waves to peeps on BE... "hi from the Sunshine Coast!"

Waves to peeps on BE... "hi from the Sunshine Coast!"

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:40 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waves to peeps on BE... "hi from the Sunshine Coast!"

Hello hello!

So... I am back in the 21 century! I have an address, a home telephone line and broadband! Ha! What more does a gal want?!!

Moved into our rental.. you know the one I was whinging on about a little while ago.. well, we managed to negotiate a rental reduction and a few terms for taking on this place, and since moving in, have found it brilliant.. the window that was missing was replaced by Old Bloke costing about $40 for the glass and we have sprayed everywhere and managed to get rid of the fleas from the backyard.. (if they come back, then it is the landlords problem, we said we would spray once)..

The kids are now in school.. and they love it.. they hop skip and jump off to the bus stop on their own now and then trudge back in the heat at 3pm! LOL!

I have managed to find a FANTASTIC shopping centre in Maroochydore which scratches that particular shopping itch that comes up every now and then, and the beach and mountains and sunshine still make me smile most days!

Not overally keen on the insects.. but Old Bloke is pretty good with the Raid and the 72 cent fly swot we bought from Big W...

Life is pretty hectic, but still good fun... in 12 months we have been around the world (Europe, Asia) and travelled about 2 3rds of Australia (only Melbourne and Adelaide and Tassie yet to explore)..

*sighs*

I am, at the moment, counting myself as a very very fortunate person!

Em x
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waves to peeps on BE... "hi from the Sunshine Coast!"

Sounds very cool. Congrats. Getting the kids into and enjoying school helps everyone - that happens and the rest falls into place (normally )
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Location: Alexandra Headland on The sunshine Coast (100km North of Brisbane)
Sunshine Coast Settlers is a jewel in the roughSunshine Coast Settlers is a jewel in the roughSunshine Coast Settlers is a jewel in the roughSunshine Coast Settlers is a jewel in the roughSunshine Coast Settlers is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sounds very cool. Congrats. Getting the kids into and enjoying school helps everyone - that happens and the rest falls into place (normally )
Welcome to paradise! I hope you're all very happy here!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 2:09 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear that everything is going well !

mark
Old Oct 24th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road

I am so pleased for you Emelems that you and your family have settled well. I hope we can settle as well as you have. Best of luck with you new life. You might be able to chill out and relax a bit now, after all that travelling.

Me and my family are hoping to move up to the Sunshine Coast at the end of Jan. we were thinking of moving to Caloundra, so that hubby is nearer to trains into Brizzy for college.

Do you think this is a wise choice of area? I know everyone likes different things and places, but it would be nice to have an opinion from people that are already there. We are a family of 4, Me - 31 soon, Hubby - 33 soon, Daughter aged 8 and son aged 2 years.

We are living in the Redland Bay at the moment, but have always wanted to move to Sunshine Coast.

If any one can suggest any nice places, i would be so grateful.

Lisa
Old Oct 26th 2008, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bradburns2
I am so pleased for you Emelems that you and your family have settled well. I hope we can settle as well as you have. Best of luck with you new life. You might be able to chill out and relax a bit now, after all that travelling.

Me and my family are hoping to move up to the Sunshine Coast at the end of Jan. we were thinking of moving to Caloundra, so that hubby is nearer to trains into Brizzy for college.

Do you think this is a wise choice of area? I know everyone likes different things and places, but it would be nice to have an opinion from people that are already there. We are a family of 4, Me - 31 soon, Hubby - 33 soon, Daughter aged 8 and son aged 2 years.

We are living in the Redland Bay at the moment, but have always wanted to move to Sunshine Coast.

Lisa
Ah, well, I am totally biased and love Peregian Beach! ACtually, I havent really been to Caloundra... we havent really explored much as we have been tied up with the rental and other boring admin stuff with the kids!

Why not have a weekend up here? Maybe visit some places? That how I prefer to get a feel for things?

Em x
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

ssshh !!!!!!!

Peregian is a small place and we love it !!!!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

Lisa
Hi ,
we are living in Caloundra , we really like it here. at the moment we are living near dicky beach, which has been good but we are now moving to Little Mountain ( only 10 mins away). There is a really state school there - Meridan College.
if you are looking at places in Caloundra I would reccomend Little Mountain, Kawana forest, Pelican waters.

That said the train station is about 30 mins from here, Landsborough ( ive never been to it though.

Good luck and I hope this has been of some help.
kate
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Katehn
Hi ,
we are living in Caloundra , we really like it here. at the moment we are living near dicky beach, which has been good but we are now moving to Little Mountain ( only 10 mins away). There is a really state school there - Meridan College.
if you are looking at places in Caloundra I would reccomend Little Mountain, Kawana forest, Pelican waters.

That said the train station is about 30 mins from here, Landsborough ( ive never been to it though.

Good luck and I hope this has been of some help.
kate
Cheers Kate,

That's always good to know. We have also heard that there's an express train from Maroochydore to Brisbane, which might be better. I hope you don't mind but i have just pm'd you. Lisa.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

keijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant future

Cheers Kate,

That's always good to know. We have also heard that there's an express train from Maroochydore to Brisbane, which might be better. I hope you don't mind but i have just pm'd you. Lisa.
Not sure who told you this but there's no train station in Maroochydore, Closest station to Maroochydore is either Palmwoods or Woombye.

Hi Emelems by the way, Sunny Coast is a good place to live.

Last edited by keijei; Nov 29th 2008 at 5:04 am.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 8:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by keijei
Not sure who told you this but there's no train station in Maroochydore, Closest station to Maroochydore is either Palmwoods or Woombye.

Just as I got all suprised ! Didnt think there was a train service, tho it would be v v good!

Perhaps they meant the bus service? THere is a greyhound express to Brisbane most days, isnt there?

Em x

PS Hi Keijei !
Old Nov 30th 2008, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by keijei

Cheers for letting me know. I will tell my husband. It will have to be a train from Lansborough then.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 7:40 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Hate to be a bearer of bad news - and please correct me if I turn out to be wrong but I think that train from landsborough is pretty hard going. It stops lots and is really really full. However someone told me that there is an airport bus that goes from mooloolaba and that you can get a bus so far down and then hop on the train.

Not sure of details though. I go to Brisbane a lot but usually drive, the traffic going in just kills me

Whats your husband doing in college?
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by viviennef
Hate to be a bearer of bad news - and please correct me if I turn out to be wrong but I think that train from landsborough is pretty hard going. It stops lots and is really really full. However someone told me that there is an airport bus that goes from mooloolaba and that you can get a bus so far down and then hop on the train.

Not sure of details though. I go to Brisbane a lot but usually drive, the traffic going in just kills me

Whats your husband doing in college?
I thought the train sirtuation would be like that, ram packed and lots of stops. It would feel like it would take forever!

My husband is doing a furniture making course at tafe and has a part time cabinet making job.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:53 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.sunshinecoast.tafe.qld.go...abinet&x=0&y=0

might be worth a changeover not sure if the visa is affected

vivienne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.