Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Updates from the "Pre-July 139ers"

Updates from the "Pre-July 139ers"

Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updates from the "Pre-July 139ers"

Originally Posted by Weasy
Hi gang, lovely to hear from some of you. Well, this last year has been difficult to say the least. I was dragged kicking and screaming to Utah from Adelaide and I have really struggled to adjust this time. Not helped by the fact that the world economy started really going down hill the minute we got on the plane . FINALLY starting to feel a little bit settled here and lo and behold there's rumours of a buy out at Chaz's company so don't know what will happen to us. No jobs for Chaz back in Adelaide, don't have green cards here yet. Bloody hell, how did this all happen to us!!! Hopefully will know if we're staying here in a few weeks time - my poor kids

Lou
xx

Babes, I know we stay in touch via facebook...but I just want to totally empathise with your travelling and resettling. You are a lovely lovely family who will have the life experience others cannot imagine. Really proud of you x x keep that lovely smile going love x x long time since that first phone call when you were moving into your new house! haha x x
Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:25 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Cath. What a journey we've all been on eh? Things are looking a bit more positive here. This move has been hard but a great opportunity for Chaz's career and it wouldn't have happened if we hadn't gone to Oz. I loved Oz but I have to say that after 8 months here I'm starting to see that our future may be brighter here. We are in a very beautiful place and, now that winter is ending, we are starting to make friends and feel more settled. There is a chance that things could change again but I try to think that all this is happening for a reason. One thing's for sure, neither of us wants to go back to the UK now that we have broken free.

Guess what though guys! Melty (icequeen) has messaged me and says hi to all of you. The move hasn't been great for her by the sound of things but she doesn't say much.

Love to you all

Lou
xx
Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Babes, I know we stay in touch via facebook...but I just want to totally empathise with your travelling and resettling. You are a lovely lovely family who will have the life experience others cannot imagine. Really proud of you x x keep that lovely smile going love x x long time since that first phone call when you were moving into your new house! haha x x
Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:00 am
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Bumping this in the hope that Cheryl (Stevens Family-email not working) or Craig will get an email. We need some advice on military payout!

Hope everyone is well,

Kez x
Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

Wotcha 139ers. I'm still in Aus. Is anyone else? How is everyone?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:37 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

still here.................and still loving it.

Loz x
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:15 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by loz
still here.................and still loving it.

Loz x
ohhh our friends live at Springfield Lakes!

We've not made it yet to Oz, but flights booked for November which makes me the only one left in the UK I think!
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Seacaptain

We've not made it yet to Oz, but flights booked for November which makes me the only one left in the UK I think!
We've been here since nov 07 and loving it , it has it's ups and downs but a positive move for us

Allyson
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:42 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Great place to live. Hope they are loving it as much as us. Good luck with the move......................November will soon be here.

You never know we may run into you if you visit your friends.

Loz x
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:04 pm
Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by loz
Great place to live. Hope they are loving it as much as us. Good luck with the move......................November will soon be here.

You never know we may run into you if you visit your friends.

Loz x
It's a lovely place, they have been there over 5 years I think - Moonbeam.

Glad it's all good for you, the 139rs seems so long ago now!

Will let you know if we are your way!

Kez x
Old Aug 6th 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Its all happening now Kez x x x

I have just put an update on too x

Last edited by CathnPaul; Aug 6th 2010 at 11:38 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, just popped back to see how everyone was doing, think its just you an me left over in UK Seacaptain!!!

Long story!!!

Hope everyone is doing well :-)
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

Last post August 2010..... what's been happening since? Anyone still here?

I'm coming up to a 5 year anniversary here in Sydney.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Hi

We're here.

We got our visa March 07, came over April 07, returning to the UK Jul 08 after a nightmare year, Mum died just before we came here, dog died while here, rellies dying, bullying, car launched in a flash flood (SS Focus ) assurers turning weird..very weird... so moved state out of the way, anyhow, enough was enough and we went home. No2 daughter very upset to be back in the UK, I loved it, No1 daughter loved it, steve started working himself to death...so another decision appeared...Fast forward to November 2009 and I'm dragged kicking and screaming, well, more a sobbing heap, back to the land that didn't like me (as far as I was concerned). We came back to the same area which I didn't want, was stuck in a rental with no aircon or fans or pool but lots and lots of lovely shiny windows in the middle of summer. I had the most horrific homesickness and probably made everyones lives as miserable as mine (sorry guys )

After 6 months in the sweat box we moved to the next town and are house sitting a beautiful house almost on the beach while its owners are away in the UK for a year, we're visiting melbourne in 2 weeks on a reccie trip. We've even been to see a clairvoyant (if you are into that sort of stuff, it started out as a bit of a lark but we were in for a shock), anyhow she said we were in the wrong place (go figure) that we should be packing and moving to melbourne right now, dont wait, and that No1 daughter would finally settle in melbourne and the UK would fade for her, No2 daughter would be happy as long as there is water and I'm supposed to start my own business (eh?? ) while steve goes into stocks and shares - the next GFC is on us guys!

So thats where we are at. Still nowhere close to settling down even though we'd all dearly like to put down roots and get on with living, but we are getting there. Our house here has finally sold after 3 years of being on the market, so that chapter has closed and we can finally physically, mentally and financially move on. I'm not homesick providing i dont think about it and at least recognise the fact that we probably are better off here than in the UK. Just have to wait and see what the next chapter holds for us. My own business eh? I couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery..oh wait a minute..I organised everything to move us back here...so maybe I could?

Its been lovely reading all the old names Hope you are all healthy and happy
Jo & Steve