Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Update on the Vorsters/A new life down under

Update on the Vorsters/A new life down under

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:48 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of
Default Re: Update on the Vorsters/A new life down under

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Just remember what a lovely man and great dad Steve was! Here's wishing you all the best for the future!
And now we know what a load of ****** that was.

The guy drags his kids away from their friends and family after losing their mother at tender adolescent ages. That I can kind of understand - fresh start, life insurance in the bank, and his sister is in Perth.

But they've gone back? , and he's stayed here?

Aren't your children the most sacred and precious things in your life?

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 3rd 2007 at 12:03 pm. Reason: language
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

leftfieldlover is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom

The guy drags his kids away from their friends and family after losing their mother at tender adolescent ages. That I can kind of understand - fresh start, life insurance in the bank, and his sister is in Perth.

But they've gone back? , and he's stayed here?

Aren't your children the most sacred and precious things in your life?
Who on earth do you think you are, Dom the Pom? You know nothing of the facts in this, so why do think you can be so damned rude? It's people like you who give the human race a bad name - I bet you're a tabloid reader too
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

I can't believe people can be so rude about such a caring, thoughful man.

Until you walk in his shoes etc etc.

Isn't it so easy for people to judge. If his kids decided to go back to the UK, well that was their decision, he has a life too, and from what I watched he had done a very good job with them.

As for Mandy Skeggs, by the end of the series I had got her humour and really liked her. She was what you saw.

However, I have to say I didn't really warm to Rachel, but she may have been portrayed badly.

I wish Steve, all the best for the future and of course his children.

Crocodileseamus
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to repeat the warning I have posted on the other thread running at present about this series.

Can I remind posters on this thread that they are talking about real people, some of whom are members of this forum. Personal abuse of the kind in the last few posts will not be tolerated.
If you wish to continue discussing the programme please do it without the insults, otherwise I shall have no option but to close the thread.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:29 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

:Aren't your children the most sacred and precious things in your life?
Yes they are, but are they not entitled to a life of their own which may or may not include living with their parents, once they are old enough to decide?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:11 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Yes they are, but are they not entitled to a life of their own which may or may not include living with their parents, once they are old enough to decide?
Yes, but not in the context you've described.

There were three of them involved in that migration, and two decided they wanted to go home. Could you then say "toodle pip, I'm staying here" to your kids (still in there teens I would remind you).
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:26 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crocodileseamus
I can't believe people can be so rude about such a caring, thoughful man.

Until you walk in his shoes etc etc.

Isn't it so easy for people to judge. If his kids decided to go back to the UK, well that was their decision, he has a life too, and from what I watched he had done a very good job with them.

As for Mandy Skeggs, by the end of the series I had got her humour and really liked her. She was what you saw.

However, I have to say I didn't really warm to Rachel, but she may have been portrayed badly.

I wish Steve, all the best for the future and of course his children.

Crocodileseamus
I was a bit of a Mandy Skeggs fan too. Like you I think I got her and her humour.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:26 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

There were three of them involved in that migration, and two decided they wanted to go home. Could you then say "toodle pip, I'm staying here" to your kids (still in there teens I would remind you).
I dunno I packed my bags and left home at 19.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 4:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
I dunno I packed my bags and left home at 19.
Me too Gill, off down the M6 in Paul's Peugeot 205.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 4:34 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by northernbird
Me too Gill, off down the M6 in Paul's Peugeot 205.
How exotic - mine was a beige Lada
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:28 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

You seem so understanding that your kids will probably still be living with you when they're in their 40s ...
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
I was a bit of a Mandy Skeggs fan too. Like you I think I got her and her humour.
Yes, me too. Although I may have mentioned her moaning a lot on here, I really found her quite funny. I think a lot of her moaning was meant in a joking way.

Dom the Pom, I think that's a very narrow minded attitude.

I'm in a similar situation to Steve Vorster, my husband died and I am going ot Oz on my own with 2 of the kids. Ones staying here (she's a teenager and that was her choice).

If, in time, the other 2 decide to return and I have settled over there, Iwould probably stay. I would be upset but what would be the point in following them over? What if one moves North and one South etc.? you can't follow them round their whole lives!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

And your point is? I was a Mum in my teens and went to live with my fiance when I was 16. Should my Mum have moved with me?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Hutch
You seem so understanding
.....enough to know the persona of an experienced salesman is only skin deep.

Originally Posted by Hutch
your kids will probably still be living with you when they're in their 40s ...
Hopefully not, but I'd like them at home until they're at least 17/18 if possible. And whilst I can't speak for your kids, if they were to leave that young - I'd hedge my bets one wouldn't move 14,000 miles away, let alone both of them.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:02 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully not, but I'd like them at home until they're at least 17/18 if possible. And whilst I can't speak for your kids, if they were to leave that young - I'd hedge my bets one wouldn't move 14,000 miles away, let alone both of them.
Well - you never can tell. I took off round Europe at age 18, backpacking for a year. By 21 I was living in the states. My elder sister emigrated here to Australia at the age of 20, having married an aussie she met whilst working in London. My younger brother James left home at 17, spent a year getting basic diving skills and then, when he was 18 went travelled his way down the west coast of the states and further on into South America, before settling on a tiny island called Utila off the east coast of Honduras - where he stayed for 12 years, before moving to Thailand for 18 months and just recently to Cairns. My younger brother Matthew moved to the tropical paradise of Swansea after getting his degree. My parents retired here to Australia in 2001.

There's a lot of exciting opportunites out there for people willing to go and find them - and they aren't all where mummy and daddy are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.