Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Update on the Vorsters/A new life down under

Update on the Vorsters/A new life down under

Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:26 pm
Julie and Dave

Jad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Update on the Vorsters/A new life down under

Great to know how you are getting on. You do always wonder what happens when the program stops.
Really good to know your all well and happy.

Julie and Dave
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

I never heard of this program before which country, which channel and when ??????????????????????????????????

Congrats on the wedding though!! S-j x
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
I never heard of this program before which country, which channel and when ??????????????????????????????????
Its a about 3 years old now and there are often repeats on SKY...its a case of flicking through the UK TV or even the travel channels or you could contact SKY and ask them.

Steve's wife had died of cancer, whether that was the reason or not, he decided to move to OZ. The lad was young and missed his friends in the UK which resulted in some arguments.
Having lost my first wife to cancer I can empathise with Steve wanting to get away...especially from those who start off..."I know how you must feel..." No they dont!
The kids were - from what I remember - not given much choice in the move. Young Trevor obviously missed his mum and was then wizzed across the world and far from the comfort zone with his mates.
Its a pity the family split and I hope one day as they mature..the "kids" just might move back to Oz. As for Steve, he came across as a nice genuine bloke who was heartbroken by his loss and in despair at trying to cope with Trevor not coping.
I'm Pleased Steve found a new wife for his new life and wish them all the best for the future.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Janine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to all

Vinny i am really sorry for your loss...Steve had planned to come to Oz a while before he lost his first wife....i know that tv can portrait a very different situation of reality but...reality is that Steve and his wife were very unhappy for a long time...they were in the process of divorce when she got sick!! I tried really hard to make us all one happy family...but it was not to be (for those of you who are or have been part of a blended family i know that you will understand when i say this was so so hard) Trevor is a fantastic kid and i miss him so very dreadfully! Steph ...well i didn`t get to know her as well as Trevor. Your correct in saying they were not given any choice in the move as they were 15 and 12...what can any parent do except what they perceive as the best. Of course he missed his mum...who wouldn`t!! Please spare a thought for a new wife in this situation who on a regular basis deals with well meaning people approaching her and her new husband with words such as...i am so sorry for your loss Steve...it was 6 years ago!!! That is pretty hard to take....Thankyou everyone for your kind replies.
Janine Vorster
Old Apr 27th 2007, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Janine Vorster
Vinny i am really sorry for your loss...Steve had planned to come to Oz a while before he lost his first wife....i know that tv can portrait a very different situation of reality but...reality is that Steve and his wife were very unhappy for a long time...they were in the process of divorce when she got sick!! I tried really hard to make us all one happy family...but it was not to be (for those of you who are or have been part of a blended family i know that you will understand when i say this was so so hard) Trevor is a fantastic kid and i miss him so very dreadfully! Steph ...well i didn`t get to know her as well as Trevor. Your correct in saying they were not given any choice in the move as they were 15 and 12...what can any parent do except what they perceive as the best. Of course he missed his mum...who wouldn`t!! Please spare a thought for a new wife in this situation who on a regular basis deals with well meaning people approaching her and her new husband with words such as...i am so sorry for your loss Steve...it was 6 years ago!!! That is pretty hard to take....Thankyou everyone for your kind replies.
Janine Vorster
Hi Janine,

Memory and TV outlook can reate a false image at times.
In 2003 as part our our first trip to Aussie, we went to Hobart, Tassie, one day we hired a car and drove north to Launceston ( spoke as "lawn ston" in Cornwall UK - the original....lawn-ces-ton, in tassie) on our back to Hobart and in no rush...we went over to Bicheno - which is where another New life down under couple went and bought a general store. The TV portayed Derek if I recall his name correctly, as a miserable sod who would not do much. When we met them it was clear the TV image was totally wrong - they were as happy as larry and working together in the store!

I will PM you on some more personal stuff.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 2:41 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Every-one..a friend of mine told me about this site and mentioned that A new life down under had a few threads. I thought if anyone was interested that i could give you an update on the Vorsters! I met Steve whilst the program was being shot and decided not to be in it. Shortly after filming finished Steve and i moved in together along with my 3 children and Trevor, Steve`s son. Steph decided to return to the UK and shortly after Trevor followed. They both seem to be happy and settled there and Steph now has a baby daughter. Steve and I recently got married and live in Perth WA. We recently found out that they had tried to find Steve for a follow up program, but as we had moved they had difficulty.
Hope this helps
Janine Vorster
He came across as a genuine bloke - and the kids were great too. Glad everyone's found what they were looking for. Did Steph get hitched to that aussie bloke she was dating during the show?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Janine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to allJanine Vorster is a name known to all

Hutch..no it didn`t work out with her ozzie boyfriend...she found a new partner in the uk.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:07 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hutch..no it didn`t work out with her ozzie boyfriend...she found a new partner in the uk.
Ah, okay. Kind of relieved actually - he seemed like a bit of a dick - lol.

Do you guys see your long-term future in Australia, or perhaps try the UK for a bit?
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Hutch I emigrated here from Nottingham 20 years ago now....i love Perth!
Steve has now been here for 5 years. I think we will come over to the UK in a
couple of years for a holiday...but i don`t think we could live there again..too
cold LOL. Don`t get me wrong their are things i miss, mainly the history such as
the castles and stately homes..i took them for granted when i lived there. So yep we are here to stay in Perth.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:03 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Hi Janine,

Memory and TV outlook can reate a false image at times.
In 2003 as part our our first trip to Aussie, we went to Hobart, Tassie, one day we hired a car and drove north to Launceston ( spoke as "lawn ston" in Cornwall UK - the original....lawn-ces-ton, in tassie) on our back to Hobart and in no rush...we went over to Bicheno - which is where another New life down under couple went and bought a general store. The TV portayed Derek if I recall his name correctly, as a miserable sod who would not do much. When we met them it was clear the TV image was totally wrong - they were as happy as larry and working together in the store!

I will PM you on some more personal stuff.
i think every family involved in those programs could confirm that reality is very different from what is eventually shown - mandy skeggs and the blond lady who's husband brought his car with him were portrayed in a very poor way from what was actually going on.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
i think every family involved in those programs could confirm that reality is very different from what is eventually shown - mandy skeggs and the blond lady who's husband brought his car with him were portrayed in a very poor way from what was actually going on.
Mandy Skeggs was actually quite funny, I thought. Although I have to admit she did get on my nerves sometimes.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:00 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Every-one..a friend of mine told me about this site and mentioned that A new life down under had a few threads. I thought if anyone was interested that i could give you an update on the Vorsters! I met Steve whilst the program was being shot and decided not to be in it. Shortly after filming finished Steve and i moved in together along with my 3 children and Trevor, Steve`s son. Steph decided to return to the UK and shortly after Trevor followed. They both seem to be happy and settled there and Steph now has a baby daughter. Steve and I recently got married and live in Perth WA. We recently found out that they had tried to find Steve for a follow up program, but as we had moved they had difficulty.
Hope this helps
Janine Vorster
Thanks for that Janine. One of the few families I remember from ANLDU! Just remember what a lovely man and great dad Steve was! Here's wishing you all the best for the future!
Old May 20th 2007, 8:50 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Hutch I emigrated here from Nottingham 20 years ago now....i love Perth!
Steve has now been here for 5 years. I think we will come over to the UK in a
couple of years for a holiday...but i don`t think we could live there again..too
cold LOL. Don`t get me wrong their are things i miss, mainly the history such as
the castles and stately homes..i took them for granted when i lived there. So yep we are here to stay in Perth.
Do you live NOR? As I have seen Steve in Lakeside .
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Hi Ransi..yes we live NOR so we shop at Lakeside a lot.
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:54 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ransi..yes we live NOR so we shop at Lakeside a lot.
Ah! May see you around then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.