British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Update from Adelaide - 4 and a bit years. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/update-adelaide-4-bit-years-819922/)

coolerkingcooler Jan 2nd 2014 9:04 am

Update from Adelaide - 4 and a bit years.

Hello to all those who remember me and hello to those who don't!

Think it's been two years since I've been on here so no loyalty card points :ohmy: sorry, just so busy.

We've been here just over four years and it's been very busy and tough at times.

I work full-time but I did have two glorious years of being part-time. I'm hoping to cut the hours down in a year or two. My wife spent a year training as an Enrolled nurse and got a job working at one of the big hospitals. She then studied full-time online for two years and passed her degree to become a Registered Nurse. She has managed to get a Graduate Nurse Program year. She starts her new job soon :)

We have four kids aged from 5 to 13 so it's been hard work and money has been short. My wife had to do 16 weeks placement unpaid so we have not lived in luxury.

We live near the beach and are all members of a SLSC and my good wife and I gained our Bronze, last year. Our eldest gained his SRC and all three of us patrol - different patrols :) If you are ever down in the south of SA, look at for Pam and the Hoff:rofl: Our oldest really likes distance swimming and has started with 2.5k's but aims to do 5 and 10k's. My wife is keen to learn to use a ski, but I think that may take some time! I'm happy with swimming and boarding and currently doing a level 1 surf coaching.

We love AFL and we go for different teams: Hawthorne, St Kilda and the Suns. My wife and two of my child love the GCS and of course, Gary Ablett.

We came her knowing we were not going back and nothing has changed. My wife went back when her sister has brain surgery but we are not planning any visits to the UK. We have had family and friends visit and they all loved it.

Although I have been very busy, I'll try and pop on here every now and then on this fine forum.

Cheers,
Cooler

Kapri Jan 5th 2014 4:57 am

Re: Update from Adelaide - 4 and a bit years.

Hey Cooler :)

Glad things have worked out. Don't be a stranger!

rasen78 Jan 5th 2014 5:29 am

All sounding good Cooler King. Which beaches do you patrol? We know a handful of them and are looking forward to seeing more of them:D I'll be the beached whale attempting to bodyboard:rofl:

coolerkingcooler Jan 5th 2014 8:43 am

Originally Posted by rasen78 (Post 11063431)
All sounding good Cooler King. Which beaches do you patrol? We know a handful of them and are looking forward to seeing more of them:D I'll be the beached whale attempting to bodyboard:rofl:

Hi, we patrol at Moana. It's not quite as nice as normal as there are still a few rocks left over from winter near the club end of the beach. But, it is still a busy beach as it's first one you can drive on and it gets some reasonable surf but watch out for dumpers!

Cheers,
Cooler

rasen78 Jan 5th 2014 8:46 am

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler (Post 11063585)
Hi, we patrol at Moana. It's not quite as nice as normal as there are still a few rocks left over from winter near the club end of the beach. But, it is still a busy beach as it's first one you can drive on and it gets some reasonable surf but watch out for dumpers!

Cheers,
Cooler

We were down there the weekend before Xmas and New Year - some great waves for body boarding but definitely quite a few pebbles and rocks around. Not sure if it helped my poorly shoulder either:unsure: DD absolutely loved it:unsure::thumbup: