British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Two years of hell on earth! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/two-years-hell-earth-695610/)

ponyrama Dec 2nd 2010 9:58 pm

Two years of hell on earth!

Just kidding. :rofl::p

My two year anniversary of arriving in Oz happened on 1st December 2010. It was also the day that I finished paying off the loan I had to take out to cover the neagtive equity on the house I had in the UK which took 18 months to sell. (I have eaten only beans since March).

So I start the summer with no visa condition (I came on RSMS with two year tie to employer) and no debt, with nothing to now hold me back from making the most of this wonderful, even though it sometimes rains more than we'd like, country.

I feel truly free for the first time since I arrived! And its awesome. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

LINZI Dec 3rd 2010 12:11 am

Re: Two years of hell on earth!

Congrats to you :thumbup:
Its a nice feeling when the 2 years is up not being tied to the employer :cool:

To being free :thumbsup: :beer::drinkwine:

JenniGee Dec 3rd 2010 10:07 pm

Very well done to you for sticking it through - you thoroughly deserve to enjoy every day of your future :):):)

Pollyana Dec 4th 2010 4:32 am

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 9017946)

My two year anniversary of arriving in Oz happened on 1st December 2010. It was also the day that I finished paying off the loan I had to take out to cover the neagtive equity on the house I had in the UK which took 18 months to sell. (I have eaten only beans since March).

So I start the summer with no visa condition (I came on RSMS with two year tie to employer) and no debt, with nothing to now hold me back from making the most of this wonderful, even though it sometimes rains more than we'd like, country.

I feel truly free for the first time since I arrived! And its awesome. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Congrats! Onwards and upwards :thumbup:

Alfresco Dec 4th 2010 4:51 am

Yep congrats! :thumbsup:

Never give up!

ponyrama Dec 4th 2010 5:59 am

Cheers Guys! :thumbup:

I have to say that even though I've been frustrated at times, with having to work in woop woop when I really wanted to be by the beach, and having to fork out cash to sell my house when three years ago I would have made a mint - I have no regrets. I miss my folks, but hopefully they'll move out here one day too!

Now lets have a drink - cos England are whacking the Aussies and life does not seem like it can get any better right now!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Beedubya Dec 4th 2010 8:38 pm

Congratulations and well done, I hope you love your life in Australia. :thumbsup:

Wendy Dec 5th 2010 3:12 pm

Here's to feeling free :beer: and here's to many happy years in the bestest country in the world :beer: :beer: (well it is for me anyway!) :D

jothefw Dec 6th 2010 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 9022496)
Here's to feeling free :beer: and here's to many happy years in the bestest country in the world :beer: :beer: (well it is for me anyway!) :D

It's funny how free you feel when the 2 years is up, even if you love your job etc! Enjoy!

welshviking Dec 6th 2010 8:56 am

Well done to you!!! Enjoy!

lancastrian48 Dec 8th 2010 1:50 pm

Respect ;)

ponyrama Dec 8th 2010 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by jothefw (Post 9023740)
It's funny how free you feel when the 2 years is up, even if you love your job etc! Enjoy!

The weird thing is that now I dont have to stay in the job - I actually dont want to leave. "Twas a bit of a shock when that fact dawned on me! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

jothefw Dec 8th 2010 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 9029285)
The weird thing is that now I dont have to stay in the job - I actually dont want to leave. "Twas a bit of a shock when that fact dawned on me! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Very true - we're into our 5th Christmas here and wouldn't dream of moving!

ponyrama Dec 8th 2010 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by jothefw (Post 9029509)
Very true - we're into our 5th Christmas here and wouldn't dream of moving!

Well Merry Christmas to you - and I hope 2011 is an even better year for all of us!:beer:

Paula Cox Dec 9th 2010 8:10 pm

Well done, enjoy 20111

Paula x