Two years in Bunbury

Old Oct 18th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Two years in Bunbury

Just saw Worzel's post and it reminded me I hadnt done my update yet!!!

Our two year anniversary was last Saturday, 13th October. My main thought is "where has the time gone?" - it really doesnt seem like two years has passed at all.

Within a few weeks of us arriving we had put a deposit down on a block of land in Australind, building started May 2006 and we have been living in our new home since last Christmas. Before we left we had decided we wouldnt build our own home BUT when we arrived it was actually cheaper to buy the land and build than buy ready made. Today things are different, house prices have dropped slightly and land has increased. Building has good and bad points, probably the worst bit is the maintenance once you've moved in - you have to constantly hassle the builders to sort things out!! Overall I'm glad we did it, we have a bigger house than we'd ever dreamed possible and a beautiful garden for our daughter to play in when she gets a bit older.

DHs job has been the real bugbear over the last year. I wont go into detail again (you can search for my previous threads if you are so inclined) but we have been really disapointed with the lack of flexibility by Bunbury TAFE in regards to his electrical apprenticeship. He left the electrical firm in March, took a job with a nationwide company that turned out to be a lot of bullshit at the interview and actually nothing to back it up, so this Monday he started back at the engineering firm he started with when we first arrived - so full circle! When we arrived his job was the one thing that we needed to sort before we decided where to settle - he was lucky enough to get an interview and a job within a few hours of arriving down in Bunbury, and better pay than his UK job too. Now that he's got this electrical stuff out of his system he's agreed he will feel much more settled and happy to stay in engineering for the foreseeable future.

Overall we love Bunbury and surrounding area - we find the city itself has everything we need on a day to day basis, Perth is just "up the road" so to speak and with the new Mandurah rail link opening soon it will be even more accesible. We have made quite a few friends over the last couple of years, majority are Poms but we also have locals in our circle too! I guess it is easier to get to know other Poms as you've all been through the same experience and silly little things, like jokes that Aussies just wouldnt get.

Other than just recently when I had baby blues, missed my parents and DHs job turned to sh*t again I really wanted to go back BUT this is the only time I've ever thought that in all the time we've been here. Yes, I still do miss my family and certain friends but we are settled here now with our own family and I wouldnt swap it for anything.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 4:44 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Two years in Bunbury

two great updates in one day
it's good to see you happy
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:12 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Anniversary
We were down in Bunbury over the weekend for a football tournament.
Had a really good time.
Had been looking in Perth for a skippers hat for OH for the boat and found one in the first shop I went to in Bunbury
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:23 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Happy anniversary, Bridie!

Gina
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:48 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[ .[/QUOTE]

Great to hear another positive post.

Dave
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Happy Anniversary
We were down in Bunbury over the weekend for a football tournament.
Had a really good time.
Had been looking in Perth for a skippers hat for OH for the boat and found one in the first shop I went to in Bunbury
I was also at the soccer tournament all weekend.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

God 2 years, how time flies.
You should be very proud of yourselves.
You have done so well.
Love to your little family
From the Crannies xxx
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:24 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
I was also at the soccer tournament all weekend.
It was a good weekend, I enjoyed it!
Was with friends whose son plays for ECU, they were runners up after a penalty shoot out!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post. We are hoping to head for Bunbury when we finally get a visa so really great to hear about it. Thanks
Old Oct 20th 2007, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Good to hear things are well Bridie. We are travelling down on a reccie from Perth to Bunbury in a month, hoping to stop off at places on route down southwest before going to Tassie. Any recommendations of where to visit are welcome.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
It was a good weekend, I enjoyed it!
Was with friends whose son plays for ECU, they were runners up after a penalty shoot out!
our friends son play for ECU. Dave and Louise, they live in Iluka
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:18 pm
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Hi Bridie, great post. Plan to go to Bunbury as my cousin who lives there is acting as a sponsor.Looks agreat city. I have 4 teenagers so i have a lot to get settled.
Brendan
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brendan d
Hi Bridie, great post. Plan to go to Bunbury as my cousin who lives there is acting as a sponsor.Looks agreat city. I have 4 teenagers so i have a lot to get settled.
Brendan
HI there,its a great place for kids, I have 6, ages 9,13,14,21,24,26.
Its a beautiful City, but its more like a town.
Denise