Two Years in Australia

Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:04 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Two Years in Australia

Originally Posted by asher
Good on yer girl keep your chin up you are a strong woman and you are just doing your best for your family.

It sounds a really raw time for you both but hopefully it will all calm down and get better for you
It's kinda raw, asher, but that's also mixed with a lot of feelings of relief that I'm out of a fairly long and pretty horrid and stressful situation. I'm responsible for me and my kids and that's all I need to be concerned with right now. The money thing is temporary... and I'm an expert at surviving on a budget... everyone's still eating and I'm stretching myself to be as creative as possible with the food and how I spend the little money I have.
It says a lot about me that I would rather go without my thyroid meds for a month than approach my ex for help... I am notoriously independent and stubbornly so...sometimes to my detriment... but that's me I guess and I'm like that for a reason.
The only way is up.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:23 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
It's kinda raw, asher, but that's also mixed with a lot of feelings of relief that I'm out of a fairly long and pretty horrid and stressful situation. I'm responsible for me and my kids and that's all I need to be concerned with right now. The money thing is temporary... and I'm an expert at surviving on a budget... everyone's still eating and I'm stretching myself to be as creative as possible with the food and how I spend the little money I have.
It says a lot about me that I would rather go without my thyroid meds for a month than approach my ex for help... I am notoriously independent and stubbornly so...sometimes to my detriment... but that's me I guess and I'm like that for a reason.
The only way is up.
Good luck keep strong and sending (((((HUGS))))) to you. I am pretty stubborn myself so I know what you mean but remember that saying cutting off your nose to spite your face, make him help out or you may run into problems later
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by asher
Good luck keep strong and sending (((((HUGS))))) to you. I am pretty stubborn myself so I know what you mean but remember that saying cutting off your nose to spite your face, make him help out or you may run into problems later
Maybe. We'll see.
I really find it hard accepting help off friends, so I'm just learning to say 'thank you' and letting them help me because I know they want to... I'm not sure I can truly ask someone who hasn't got a good word to say about me.

Last edited by TiddlyPom; Apr 9th 2008 at 11:57 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Really moving post, show them what your made of.

minibelle
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by minibelle
Really moving post, show them what your made of.

minibelle
Thanks mini.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Well done you.You are not a quitter.Hang in there and lets hope that things can only get better yet for you and your children.I bet they are so proud of their mum.Have your own little party and celebrate your new beginnings.And remember not only have you got your own rental and your kids and out of an unhappy marriage but you also have lovely shiny hair. x Irishbloo
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Well done you.You are not a quitter.Hang in there and lets hope that things can only get better yet for you and your children.I bet they are so proud of their mum.Have your own little party and celebrate your new beginnings.And remember not only have you got your own rental and your kids and out of an unhappy marriage but you also have lovely shiny hair. x Irishbloo
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:31 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

What a fantastic person you are Tiddly. An inspiration to us all. Makes me think of live here in a different way after reading your post.
Wishing all the very best of luck for the future.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice

What an incredibly honest post tiddlypom! I think you are amazing
Loads of luck and hugs to you and your three beautiful children

Carol x
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:01 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Tiddlypom-you have been going through some of the toughest of times in a strange land but you are still embracing the future. As another poster said you are an inspiration. Wishing you & your children wonderful things for the next 2 years & beyond
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with everyone else, you are an amazing woman.

I just have one bone to pick with you though, get your meds bought. They are really important mate, and I know what it feels like when you don't take them (my dogs ate my pills last week and I didn't have any for 5 days ) - it takes too long to get back to normal if you miss any so make sure you get them. I'll send you some in the post if you like (although mine are synthetic ones not 'real' ones).
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'm with everyone else, you are an amazing woman.

I just have one bone to pick with you though, get your meds bought. They are really important mate, and I know what it feels like when you don't take them (my dogs ate my pills last week and I didn't have any for 5 days ) - it takes too long to get back to normal if you miss any so make sure you get them. I'll send you some in the post if you like (although mine are synthetic ones not 'real' ones).
I've never tried the synthetic ones... I think it was a blip whilst I got settled in... I had to buy stuff, pans, and all that sort of stuff.... Hopefully my costs will become more predictable as I go on as I'll be able to budget more.
I hope.

Thank you for the nice offer...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I've never tried the synthetic ones... I think it was a blip whilst I got settled in... I had to buy stuff, pans, and all that sort of stuff.... Hopefully my costs will become more predictable as I go on as I'll be able to budget more.
I hope.

Thank you for the nice offer...
Just don't let it happen again or I'll come over there and kick you
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
Just don't let it happen again or I'll come over there and kick you
Yes, Wendy.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:23 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi TP

I think you are an amazing woman with such great strength, your kids can only benefit from you and your attitude to life. I hope you go from strength to strength and have an amazing life from here.

BUT

I agree with Wendy, your meds are sooo important. What happens if your symptoms recur, and you are in the same state you were before diagnosis?

You don't need more than 1 pan, get them as soon as you can

(and Wendy - I have to ask - is the dog ok?)

Take care

Shirley x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.