Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Two years ago today we landed

Two years ago today we landed

Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:15 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Two years ago today we landed

As the title says two years today we landed on these fair shores. This ain't long winded so don't get comfy!

Got picked up at the airport by DagBoy and stayed at their place for about four weeks then found a rental in Manly West (after visiting half of Brisbane deciding on where to live!). That first week was all of a bit of a blur followed by the next couple of months. Jobs rentals and all the usual stuff followed along with nights out, barbies and all that stuff.

Hubby and I have jobs and kids are in school and very much settled. Have met a great bunch of people and made some fantastic friends. It's been a rollercoaster with huge ups and downs but one hell of a ride.

One life as they say and by christ I'm getting through it!!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: Two years ago today we landed

Good to hear your settling Ginny, can I ask what you struggled with the most? For us it was the homesickness,missing our familiarity and struggling to get a half decent job (Adelaide), where abouts are you?

Bluekipper
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stitch
As the title says two years today we landed on these fair shores. This ain't long winded so don't get comfy!

Got picked up at the airport by DagBoy and stayed at their place for about four weeks then found a rental in Manly West (after visiting half of Brisbane deciding on where to live!). That first week was all of a bit of a blur followed by the next couple of months. Jobs rentals and all the usual stuff followed along with nights out, barbies and all that stuff.

Hubby and I have jobs and kids are in school and very much settled. Have met a great bunch of people and made some fantastic friends. It's been a rollercoaster with huge ups and downs but one hell of a ride.

Cheers

Ginny
So you can get your citizenship now!! We've just got a date for our test! Then you just have to decide if your staying or not????
Old Jun 6th 2008, 6:03 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluekipper
Good to hear your settling Ginny, can I ask what you struggled with the most? For us it was the homesickness,missing our familiarity and struggling to get a half decent job (Adelaide), where abouts are you?

Bluekipper
Hi I think it was the realisation of what we had done and left behind. I missed family soo much as we were part of their lives everyday. Also financially we were much better off in the UK and have struggled so much here. Love the area we live in but can't afford the house prices (well the decent ones anyhow). But as I said It's been a blast and one hell of a rollercoaster ride....If I had my time over again would I do it again. Yes probably!

Cheers

Ginny

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
So you can get your citizenship now!! We've just got a date for our test! Then you just have to decide if your staying or not????

Les has already booked his test. I've yet to get studying!!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 6th 2008, 6:23 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I think it was the realisation of what we had done and left behind. I missed family soo much as we were part of their lives everyday. Also financially we were much better off in the UK and have struggled so much here. Love the area we live in but can't afford the house prices (well the decent ones anyhow). But as I said It's been a blast and one hell of a rollercoaster ride....If I had my time over again would I do it again. Yes probably!

Cheers

Ginny

Les has already booked his test. I've yet to get studying!!

Cheers

Ginny

OMG is that 2 years already !!!!!!!!

Congratulations !! heres to many more happy years !! - oh and when are you moving down here ?? Adelaides waiting y'know
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:46 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
OMG is that 2 years already !!!!!!!!

Congratulations !! heres to many more happy years !! - oh and when are you moving down here ?? Adelaides waiting y'know
Hi, I know 2 years already! Tried for a couple of jobs in Adelaide so far but no joy. Need the job before we could move. Wish we had chosen Adelaide in the first place but hey ho one of those things..

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Stitch;6439881]Hi I think it was the realisation of what we had done and left behind. I missed family soo much as we were part of their lives everyday. Also financially we were much better off in the UK and have struggled so much here. Love the area we live in but can't afford the house prices (well the decent ones anyhow). But as I said It's been a blast and one hell of a rollercoaster ride....If I had my time over again would I do it again. Yes probably!

Cheers

Ginny

knowing what i know now i wouldnt do it, i'd keep my arse firmly on the seat in the pub, go back to my wee comfy house, with a wee comfy mortgage, and go into my boring job where my colleagues made me laugh on a daily basis.................oh to laugh at work.............tis a distant memory
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:17 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Ginny
I am very pleased to hear that things are settling down for you. Just Margaret next.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by busterboy
I am very pleased to hear that things are settling down for you. Just Margaret next.
and you, ave seen you hanging around the MTBUK street corner, with you kebab and knife
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:26 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
and you, ave seen you hanging around the MTBUK street corner, with you kebab and knife

I was called a troll today! How I laughed!

I am fine.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by busterboy
I was called a troll today! How I laughed!

I am fine.

why??

(sorry ginny for a temporary gate crash)
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:31 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Margaret3
why??

(sorry ginny for a temporary gate crash)
Sorry Ginny - very last post.
Because I disagreed with some 'polish immigrant' type bore-athon.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:53 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe that's 2 years Ginny. God, a lot of water's passed under the bridge for the Scottish Lassies in 2 and a bit years eh?????

Hope the next 2 are more settled for you guys and you win the lotto
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:07 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Hi Gill,

Thanks and here's to the next few years

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 10th 2008, 5:44 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

It's really been two years???!!! Time goes far too quickly.
Congratulations!!

Gina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.