Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Two years (and 4 months)

Two years (and 4 months)

Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:35 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two years (and 4 months)

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Congratulations PP xxx

I cant believe its been a year - and think positive, Mr PP may still heal more - its taken my knee nearly 3yrs...ribs are irky little things but will knot up eventually xxx
He has this huge dent in his back, you could fill it with water

They 'click' when he touches them or lies on the wrong side, I cant imagine how paiful that must have been for him. He was on morphine for weeks after he came home.

He came out with some strange stuff when he was on the morphine, I remember him in hospital shouting (and he is not a shouter), he was looking at his meal and yelling 'This soup tastes like diarrhoea and I've tasted diarrhoea!' - he was looking vacantly at nothing in particular.

Another time he was yelling about suffocating the man opposite, we were trying not to laugh.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 9:15 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

:[/QUOTE]

Excellent and acurate posting PP.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 1:23 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

OOO the power of morphine, ive lost a fair few days of my life on that stuff.

I hope Mr PP's dr can come up with some answers for him, although after coming through that trauma your going to have a few long term bumps n lumps i guess.
HUGS xxx
Originally Posted by Professional Princess

He came out with some strange stuff when he was on the morphine, I remember him in hospital shouting (and he is not a shouter), he was looking at his meal and yelling 'This soup tastes like diarrhoea and I've tasted diarrhoea!' - he was looking vacantly at nothing in particular.

Another time he was yelling about suffocating the man opposite, we were trying not to laugh.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 1:44 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Good one, PP, well done! You're just ahead of us in your journey but yours has been much more dramatic. Can't quite believe it's a year since the accident, either How time flies when you're getting old.

You're so right, it's "not just a day away" and all the dosh (or generous credit card limits) in the world can't magic away volcanoes and shit like that.

Re. the house, could you look at improving and extending instead of moving? Seems to be the way to go round here thanks to that sky high stamp duty.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 8:22 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Well we went out last night to celebrate with good friends who were there that night.

When Mr PP went to the toilet he secretly paid the bill - we had saved for it. Then when our friends went to get up to ask for the bill, we told them it was our treat to say thank you.

We know had they known they would have refused so we planned it, we got told off for it but Mr PP said the support we had was priceless. I drank too much and woke up and found my head on the floor this morning.

But you won't believe what happened this morning of all days -my friend who had stayed over, and myself drove to the cockatoo rescue place to do our voluntary work.

Now as you know it is exactly a year today - we went out last night as we didnt want to drink too much the night before work but to be precise, today is the exact day - at 7.34(ish) I think.

This morning we were in the 'nursery' cage with the baby cockatoos when we heard the screech of tyres and then the most horrific bang that you only get with a car crash. My friend and I looked at one another and it was almost in slow motion, she had a baby cockatoo on her shoulder and I was feeding one of the others.

After a few seconds of not quite believing what we had heard, we both ran out of the aviary to the fence and saw two cars in the road, one of them almost a write off and the other had stopped to help, we then ran to my friends car got in and drove along the gravel down the hill and parked it.

Cut a long story short, the driver was in shock but OK, my friend stood in the road directing the traffic, and we helped clear the debris off the road. Someone towed her car for her and we took her back to the rescue centre and gave her a cuppa and waited for her mum to come and get her.

To be honest I always imagined if I even got near another car crash I would fall apart, even my friend said she was shocked that I didnt - the irony of it all is that both my mate and myself were together when Mr PPs crash happened and now we are seeing the same thing from another angle.

Last year I had no control over what happened to Mr PP - none at all and that was hard. This year at least we had some input on a stranger and we were able to help her even if it was just by offering a her a drink and somewhere to wait.

Mr PP is due home tonight at 7.30pm, I cant wait - I want this day over with