Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Two weeks in Melbourne...

Two weeks in Melbourne...

Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:52 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two weeks in Melbourne...

Originally Posted by busterboy
JoolsB glad you have found the place for you!
Thanks busterboy-I must say it took my OH a while to drag me away from Warrandyte. It's such a cute area! I love that you can go paddling in the river on a hot day and the sweet little breakfast cafes and antique shops.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=busterboy;5963194]

On the upside...Eltham is a delightful, laid back community of professional types and mid-income professional type families. Although this can become a pain in the arse fast with women driving their kids to school, too fast in enormous 4WDs! Kids can bored in their teens.

well that excludes me and hubby, i would call us professionals, mid-income............no, now , where's the working class areas in melbourne

which is one of the reasons we are scotland bound again, to buy a wee hoose!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:05 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Margaret3;5987484]

On the upside...Eltham is a delightful, laid back community of professional types and mid-income professional type families. Although this can become a pain in the arse fast with women driving their kids to school, too fast in enormous 4WDs! Kids can bored in their teens.

well that excludes me and hubby, i would call us professionals, mid-income............no, now , where's the working class areas in melbourne

I wish you weren't thinking of going home Margaret. You are right though, since we all started this journey, buying in Melbourne and other Australian cities is probably out of the reach of many. I work with so many people who have little hope of ever buying a property.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:39 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Margaret3;5987484]

I only met you a couple of weeks ago and now your buggering off,thats a shame.When you get back you'll have to track down Morag for me.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all

Hi great post

One question please,did you sort out your dogs yourself or have an agent do it for you? as we live in scotland it seems to be open day on quotes!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:38 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LUNANBAY
Hi great post

One question please,did you sort out your dogs yourself or have an agent do it for you? as we live in scotland it seems to be open day on quotes!
Sorry only just saw this-we used Airpets at heathrow. They were great but maybe a bit far for you-cost just under 2.5k if I remember right
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Kookypie will become famous soon enough

Jools,

Am V jealous reading your post! Sounds amazing I have just accepted a sponsored post in Melbourne so just in the early stages of visa and nurse registration application. Even my usually cool boyfriend is excited now...it must be my enthusiasm...dancing 'round the living room when I got the job offer

We are hoping to be ready for September and looking to rent near to the CBD for a bit of a city lifestyle...will be a world away from chilly Newcastle!

Hope you continue to post so I can nose in on how things go for you

Best, Kooky