Time for an update....

Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time for an update....

I've lost count of how many years we've been here! With all the ping ponging and all But its a few, so thought I'd update!

Our boys are now 10, 12 and 14 and my how they've grown! The younger two still attend eumundi state school (beautiful school) and are incredibly happy. My eldest started high school in noosa 2 days ago, and fingers crossed all appears to be going ok (I on the other hand, almost fainted at the price of the uniforms - so I'm not ok)! Husband is still policing noosa, and is very happy, he's doing all kinds of teachy things with new recruits, teaching computer software stuff to the oldies and doing other stuff like quad biking on the beach (doesn't sound like a hard job really )! (ummm theres an awful lot of 'stuff's in there, so i probably don't know exactly what he does)!

Daily working life is all a bit of a routine; school runs, off to work, finsih work then the school run - very mundane, but, we do make an effort to get out every evening after work for a walk on the beach, take the boys to the skate park or catch up with friends for a latte. We also try and get away at least one weekend a month to somewhere 'different'! Our most favourite place in teh world is Bunya - just the peace, being in BFN (butt **** nowhere) the wildlife etc etc is truly amazing!

We still keep in contact with a few pommies, but the majority of our friends are aussie

So just a few little things about how I've got on...

I wake up smiling every day - I truly love and appreciate where I live
I walk/run through the noosa national park with my friend Ronnie once a week - we do 14kms (and yes I get blisters) - we stop off at all the bays, to sit watch the surfers, chat and giggle - it destresses us before work!
I drink at least 3 lattes a day, all with friends while we have a gossip
I mainly work on the beach - its a hard job I can tell you
I love cherry blossoms and gerbarah's very much!
I'm scared of water - so you won't catch me in the sea!
I do however own at least 24 different bikini's!
I've had my flip flops since the year 2000 when we first came out to Sydney
Yes...... they need replacing!
My brother now lives here too
My Mum and Dad are selling their house to come and live here....not sure how I feel about that really
I don't miss my family
I do miss my friends
I'm very proud of my children - they haven't really achieved anything spectacular - but they have adapted,overcome and are normal 'aussie' kids - they love life, live it to the full and speak their minds (be it in a slightly Queensland bogan accent - but we'll deal with that later)
I have a thing for lip gloss and sparkly things
I collect Ikea photo frames - then never put anything in them!
I have no excuses for this.....

Well thats how I've got on, time for some pics!
Attached Thumbnails Time for an update....-alexbay.jpg   Time for an update....-bribieisland1.jpg   Time for an update....-doubleislandpoint.jpg   Time for an update....-fishing-8.jpg   Time for an update....-glasshousemountsins-panoramic.jpg  

Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice
Default Re: Time for an update....

AAAAAAAND you take boody great photos!!!!

great post...thanks for that
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

![/QUOTE]

Excellent posting, well done.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weez75
AAAAAAAND you take boody great photos!!!!

great post...thanks for that
ah ty have some more! Oh and as a follow up re bunya - I have some details after receiving some enquiries re this.

We book through www.bunyamountains.com - we've stayed at a few of the homes/chalets but the one we love is One Tree Hill, amazing views over the South burnett region. The best time to stay is in the winter - you get snow! Its at least 10 degrees cooler than anywhere else. Even last month we ended up lighting a fire and snuggling as it was around 15 degrees, which quite frankly is bloody cold

Take everythign with you as there really is nothing there. The nearest Dr is 64km away at Dalby. Take a good first aid kit and tweezers to remove bush ticks. You need to take your own bed linen (doona's and pillows are supplied) and towels, otherwise they wack you with a bill of $45 per person!!! Take firelights, kindling (they supply logs), and of course take ya camera cos the wildlife is just aawwweeesommmm (as my boys put it) XX
Attached Thumbnails Time for an update....-sydney-12.jpg   Time for an update....-fishing-8-2-.jpg   Time for an update....-heron-1.jpg   Time for an update....-goldcoast-4.jpg   Time for an update....-noosaheadsandriver.jpg  

Old Jan 30th 2009, 3:19 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

thanks !
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics and even greater update! We love where we are too although 200 kms from coast or river we try to get away one weekend at least a month!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Aussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the rough

A great update and WOW! what fantastic pics! Not long till we put in the Spouse application visa then we too could be experiencing places like this.
Glad to hear you love your life down under and that your move has been so successful. Wishing you and your family all the best. Lou x
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jothefw
Great pics and even greater update! We love where we are too although 200 kms from coast or river we try to get away one weekend at least a month!
We absolutely LOVE the bush - but jobs are here on the coast, so this is where we'll stay! Our escape however, is woop woop! We're country bumpkins!
Attached Thumbnails Time for an update....-sydney-7.jpg   Time for an update....-surf3.jpg   Time for an update....-sunsetoverhouse.jpg   Time for an update....-family-8.jpg   Time for an update....-mossmangorge.jpg  

Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Nice to read a positive update,, you have fab life there,,im made up for you and your family,,great pics btw,,how many times did you ping pong?

Bluekipper
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Glad its all going good for you, hope when we ping pong again it will be great as well
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Glad its all going good for you, hope when we ping pong again it will be great as well
amazing photos
Old Jan 31st 2009, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
The thing with ping ponging is you have a real appreciation of what you want. We simply moved to the wrong area! We were just outside of Brisbane - we came from a gorgeous Suffolk village (and I mean seriously gorgeous) so why we ever thought we could live near the city is beyond me! Everytime we got out of the city I just felt I could breath again. Going back to the UK was good tho, it also gave us focus so we could sell teh house and get rid of any ties. Now we simply have nothing to go back for. Our family are moving over this way, as are our friends. Soem friends that can't move over, have already come over for a holiday, and we all keep in touch (facebook) anyway!

Attached Thumbnails Time for an update....-roo-1.jpg   Time for an update....-kondiliarockpool-1.jpg   Time for an update....-girlbeach-5.jpg   Time for an update....-nippers.jpg   Time for an update....-noosariver-2-.jpg  

Old Jan 31st 2009, 2:53 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

This is fab fab fab!
I have read so many of your posts and they are always really inspiring
Does it feel weird that so many people are following you out to oz?
my brother and parents also want to come, I can't wait
Your photo's are fab, what camera do you use, if you don't mind me asking
bec
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by egghead4
This is fab fab fab!
I have read so many of your posts and they are always really inspiring
Does it feel weird that so many people are following you out to oz?
my brother and parents also want to come, I can't wait
Your photo's are fab, what camera do you use, if you don't mind me asking
bec
Hi bec! I accept my brother being out here - nice to have family in the area, not sure about my parents We didn't come out here to escape anything, but my parents lived less than 35mins away from us in teh UK and yet they only saw our boys once a year!!! They're saying they're moving out cos they miss the grandchildren I find that bizarre!

Haha I'm a nikon girl well and truly - I use a nikon D80 for portrait shoots and a nikon D300 for other shoots (commercial,weddings etc). I also use a fuji s9500 - for other stuff (landscape,seascape etc) I've got some info on my blogger (its just boring family stuff but you might like it)

www.funkyphotography.blogspot.com Theres a link on the right hand side to some migration stuff and stories from other families
Old Jan 31st 2009, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Hi Glittababe
your photography is great...
i too am most grateful for being able to live in a really beautiful part of the world. We moved between South Africa and the UK a number of times, before finding what we'd been searching for, after all those moves, and now appreciate it every single day.
Our daughter too has been brilliant during all the moves, and is very happy here... Sometimes it takes time to find what your'e looking for.. now we have found it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.