British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Time flies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/time-flies-484389/)

doje6863 Sep 30th 2007 8:22 am

Time flies

Dear all, well, we're here! What a month its been. Tax file numbers, validating bank accounts, medicare and job interviews. I am exhausted! I have got a job starting on the 8th and the kids start their new schools on the 15th. We arent yet connected to the internet ourselves (am using a friends to write this), will try and do a better update next week. Adelaide is cold!

all the best,
donna and jeff

Little miss reub Sep 30th 2007 8:49 am

Re: Time flies

Originally Posted by doje6863 (Post 5369904)
Dear all, well, we're here! What a month its been. Tax file numbers, validating bank accounts, medicare and job interviews. I am exhausted! I have got a job starting on the 8th and the kids start their new schools on the 15th. We arent yet connected to the internet ourselves (am using a friends to write this), will try and do a better update next week. Adelaide is cold!

all the best,
donna and jeff

You have been busy, Glad to hear you have a job.
Good luck with the future and keep us posted.:thumbup:

Fly Away Sep 30th 2007 9:31 am

You're doing well! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keep us updated. We're hopefully off to Adelaide so i'll watch your progress with interest! :D

Sally Simpson Sep 30th 2007 2:55 pm

Well don so far & good luck with the new job!:thumbup:

purple rain Oct 3rd 2007 3:11 am

It does get warmer, promise:D
jacqui

Richard007 Oct 21st 2007 10:42 pm

whats a "job" ?..............;)

debbie222 Nov 4th 2007 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by doje6863 (Post 5369904)

all the best,
donna and jeff

Hi

We are hoping to go to Adelaide next year, just waiting to hear about the state sponsorship. Whare abouts are you living. We are looking at the Brighton Hove area...what visa did you apply on?

Debs:)

doje6863 Nov 5th 2007 5:22 am

Hi Debbie, we are in Semaphore and we came over on the old 136(skilled independant) Semaphore suits us just fine at the moment. Its fairly laid back living by the sea. Let us know if theres anything we can help you with.

Donna

hairart Nov 5th 2007 6:11 pm

i bet it's not as cold as it's been here today, today was freeeezing!!
(well where i am anyway)