British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Three weeks in (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/three-weeks-465525/)

John50 Jul 12th 2007 4:28 am

Three weeks in

Arrived here from Cambridge,UK on the 21st of June.
Flight from Gatwick to Dubai was a bit uncomfortable (packed) but the second half was great plenty of spare seats to spread out on.
Arrived at Perth and drove down to Dawesville my first thoughts were how quiet the airport and roads were.
First thoughts ? well nothing like i expected.
I hate the logoland housing estates at least the older styles have some character.
People are really friendly always happy to talk or help out.
Politicians are worse here than in blighty
Everything you want to do the govenment want money for it
Every job you want needs a ticket that says you can do it (although how plummers and sparks get past that stage i dont know)
My first morning i awoke to find 6 or 7 Roo`s and loads of Galah`s in the garden.
We sorted out Bank,TFN,Medicare,and Driving License on day 2 no major dramas there although it seems i can now only drive a car and not a truck with this Class C License.
first 2 weeks i could have easily got on a plane home but i promised to stay for a year before making any sudden moves.
Now its time to start looking for a job i am not sure if i want to go back into managment so i am keeping my options open at the moment.
I hope i will come to love this country like everyone says i will

Anyway just so you all know that we arrived safe, a big thanks to all on here that helped us out while going through the whole Visa process without you all this would have all been much tougher.

mad city fan Jul 12th 2007 2:56 pm

Re: Three weeks in

Bet your glad you didnt get on that plane home Glad to hear you are starting to enjoy and good luck with the job hunting ;)

sarahntonygoingtooz Jul 12th 2007 6:47 pm

Good luck with the job hunting, hope you feel more settled soon.
Sarah

Scrawni 2 Jul 16th 2007 7:26 am

I hope all is well and you are settling in a bit more now. How is the job hunting going?

Mandy

mindblower Jul 16th 2007 8:32 am

Originally Posted by John50 (Post 5043495)
Arrived here from Cambridge,UK on the 21st of June.
Flight from Gatwick to Dubai was a bit uncomfortable (packed) but the second half was great plenty of spare seats to spread out on.
Arrived at Perth and drove down to Dawesville my first thoughts were how quiet the airport and roads were.
First thoughts ? well nothing like i expected.
I hate the logoland housing estates at least the older styles have some character.
People are really friendly always happy to talk or help out.
Politicians are worse here than in blighty
Everything you want to do the govenment want money for it
Every job you want needs a ticket that says you can do it (although how plummers and sparks get past that stage i dont know)
My first morning i awoke to find 6 or 7 Roo`s and loads of Galah`s in the garden.
We sorted out Bank,TFN,Medicare,and Driving License on day 2 no major dramas there although it seems i can now only drive a car and not a truck with this Class C License.
first 2 weeks i could have easily got on a plane home but i promised to stay for a year before making any sudden moves.
Now its time to start looking for a job i am not sure if i want to go back into managment so i am keeping my options open at the moment.
I hope i will come to love this country like everyone says i will

Anyway just so you all know that we arrived safe, a big thanks to all on here that helped us out while going through the whole Visa process without you all this would have all been much tougher.

Hey ,stick at it ,and inch forwards.

We liked Dawesville on the rekkie

Dave