British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   The Three Month Update (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/three-month-update-500158/)

jamesflorraine Dec 16th 2007 7:06 pm

The Three Month Update

Hi everybody this is our 3 month sunshine coast update, we arrived in Maroochydore on monday night 24th sept at about 10 00pm first impressions
were this place is a ghost town.
however after a good nights sleep in our holiday rental we began to explore the place, within a hour of walking into the sunshine plaza Lorraine was offered a job.
She did not want to start work straight away so she told the owner she would start a week later, she is still in the same job 3 months later and has been offered quiet a few jobs since then but as she says its local and the hours really suit her Georgia our 13 year old daughter started school almost immediately and loves it Jess our other daughter struggled at first trying to get a job of her choice , but then a door opened and she got a job in events which is what she wants to do as when she passed her A levels
she said no more school for her:: we got a long term rental a nice big bungalow which we also love we furnished it and we bought 2 new cars:thumbsup:.
A month later our weimaraner Kizzi arrived to make us a complete family,:thumbsup:
now the only problem i could not get a job after having my own business in the uk for the last 7 years i could not even get a interview.
Now this did not bode well for me as it was the first time i had ever been out of work,:thumbdown::thumbdown:then out of the blue some friends of ours Roger & Janette who like us have 2 children Haley aged 18 and Joe aged 14 also a dog called Rosie,
asked me if i was interested in going in to business with him as he had been working for a guy for a few months Roger was a electrician but fancied a change the guy he was working for was selling his business and offered it to Roger who in turn asked me we decided to give it a go we bought the business, signed the contracts and we were then on our own .:thumbsup::thumbsup:
we got a truck with the business and we deliver furniture for large stores to their customers on the sunshine coast.
We are all great friends parents children and pets, we go out together quit often and Roger and me have some good laughs every day when we are at work.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
we all love the area us at Maroochydore Roger Janette and family in Mountain Creek and we will not be returning to the UK anytime soon.
The climate is great the sun shines nearly every day and we have made quiet a few friends in a short time so since our arrival in a ghost town 3 months ago things have changed for us dont get me wrong things are not always easy when you first arrive but given time things sort themselves out bye for now Jim Lorraine Jess Georgia Kizzi:thumbsup::thumbsup:

egghead4 Dec 16th 2007 9:10 pm

Re: The Three Month Update

excellent news :thumbsup:
I am really pleased that you and your family have managed to settle in quite quickly.
how do you find the area, is it how you imagined it to be?
I only ask as me and OH want to settle on the SC some time next year:thumbsup:
well I hope the next 3 months are just as great, keep posting
bec

marvinc Dec 17th 2007 8:41 am

What a lovely update, feel good factor for a Monday morning :thumbsup:

suesk Dec 18th 2007 12:50 pm

Great post keep us updated

Suexx

THE TURNER CLAN Dec 20th 2007 8:16 pm

Thats fantastic you have settled so quickly, well done guys. Have a great first xmas in Australia!
Lisa:thumbup:

kevinbloomfield Dec 25th 2007 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by THE TURNER CLAN (Post 5689996)
Thats fantastic you have settled so quickly, well done guys. Have a great first xmas in Australia!
Lisa:thumbup:

Good post Jim, hopefully see you over the Xmas period?

Sally Simpson Dec 29th 2007 2:01 pm

Great update & so positive!
Good luck with your business!:thumbup:

shabee Jan 5th 2008 10:45 pm

I am getting slow cause I missed this one lol,

Great post.

I will say again thanks for the photos you sent me. You all look great.

Really glad you are happy.

Love
Sharon
x
:thumbsup::thumbsup: