Shabee's going home

Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

T-bird will become famous soon enoughT-bird will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shabee's going home

Originally Posted by shabee
I write this with very mixed up feelings.
We have decided that we are going home.
We arrived here in Sept after what seemed like an eternity waiting for our visa. 2.5 years to get here infact.
It just is not working out for us and we are biting the bullet and going home.
I have 2 teenage boys and a husband who really hate being here and although I dont want to go back I have to do what is best for my family.
We could go through the palava of moving areas, states etc. but I know in my heart that it is not for them.
Who knows what the future will bring and we have a 5 year visa so anything is possible.
I say all this with a heavy heart.
I really thank all of you who helped us in the past, and I wish those of you over here and those heading over all the best.
Love
Shabee
x
Hi Shabee
I know I don't know you + your decision could be the right for you. But in my line of work, I deal a lot with change. And it is very natural to feel worse before feeling better (often much worse) when you go through a change + I just wonder whether, after everything you went to to get there, if you've given it long enough? Might you not regret giving it a bit more time?

Just a thought + good luck with everything.

T-bird
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by T-bird
Hi Shabee
I know I don't know you + your decision could be the right for you. But in my line of work, I deal a lot with change. And it is very natural to feel worse before feeling better (often much worse) when you go through a change + I just wonder whether, after everything you went to to get there, if you've given it long enough? Might you not regret giving it a bit more time?

Just a thought + good luck with everything.

T-bird
Probably
x
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

Probably
x
Really sorry to hear it hasnt worked out for your family, we arrived in perth in september to, to be honest i have really struggled with the move as well, but it does seem to be getting better ,
good luck with the decision you all make, all the best for the future
michelle x
Old Jan 9th 2009, 12:53 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I write this with very mixed up feelings.
We have decided that we are going home.
We arrived here in Sept after what seemed like an eternity waiting for our visa. 2.5 years to get here infact.
It just is not working out for us and we are biting the bullet and going home.
I have 2 teenage boys and a husband who really hate being here and although I dont want to go back I have to do what is best for my family.
We could go through the palava of moving areas, states etc. but I know in my heart that it is not for them.
Who knows what the future will bring and we have a 5 year visa so anything is possible.
I say all this with a heavy heart.
I really thank all of you who helped us in the past, and I wish those of you over here and those heading over all the best.
Love
Shabee
x
good luck!!! all the best in good old Aberdeen wish it was me!!!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Wishing you all the best, but really you have only been here a few months...I think every family feels the same at this stage during their first few months in Oz!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Shabee
I really cant believe it, We are fellow August 2007 applicants and I remember watching you (and us all) go through this together, all the highs and lows, Its really sad that you have made such a huge decision so soon. When we arrived in Brisbane we stayed at a holiday home in Sandgate which was okay, but just okay, nothing special......but after exploring the city we have totally fell in love with Brisbane & Australia, it is everything we hoped it would be and more.........are you sure you couldnt just move to a different area and everything will seem better?...........its a huge decision so soon, I would urge you to give it at least 12 months or move house to somewhere more bustly!

Good luck which eve way you go but once you get back to the UK It would be terrible for you all to say "what have we done!!!!"

Last edited by ianbrown; Jan 10th 2009 at 10:19 am.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:14 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes Shabee for you and your family.

It just seems such a shame that you're returning after only a few months.I know i've had some dodgy moments but theres no way im returning .......just yet

Atleast you've had the balls to do what most people only talk about.

Lee
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Well after reading the whole thread I still can't believe it. We too are August 07 applicants and we haven't managed to sell our house yet!! Let alone get there. I'm already having second thoughts and we haven't even left...... So I just want to say a very well done to Shabee and family for getting there in the first place and giving it your all.

Whatever your decisions I wish you all the best in the future wherever that may be. Good luck and take care fellow Augusteee
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vickys
Well after reading the whole thread I still can't believe it. We too are August 07 applicants and we haven't managed to sell our house yet!! Let alone get there. I'm already having second thoughts and we haven't even left...... So I just want to say a very well done to Shabee and family for getting there in the first place and giving it your all.

Whatever your decisions I wish you all the best in the future wherever that may be. Good luck and take care fellow Augusteee
Hi there,
Thanks for that. I did not come over here with those rose tinted glasses on lol. I did my research. I love it here and I am devistated that I am going home but I have to do what is best for my boys and if going back is what I have to do then so be it.
I wish you all the luck in the world with your house and for when you get over here.
It really is a beautiful place and if we had done it years ago, I know things would have been so much easier.
x
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:01 am
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

We're moving back too, not due to not liking it here because we really do.

As others have said, it's just not for us long term. We have other things to consider and they take priority.

Just because we go back to England doesn't mean our life ends, it doesn't stop us moving back here in the future or anywhere else in the world for that matter.

We just need to be, where we we need to be..... end of.

Good luck to you Shabee and your family.

Last edited by dave7370; Jan 14th 2009 at 6:02 am. Reason: Forgot some words of virtually no importance
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dave7370
We're moving back too, not due to not liking it here because we really do.

As others have said, it's just not for us long term. We have other things to consider and they take priority.

Just because we go back to England doesn't mean our life ends, it doesn't stop us moving back here in the future or anywhere else in the world for that matter.

We just need to be, where we we need to be..... end of.

Good luck to you Shabee and your family.
Thank you and the same to you.
Enjoy your life back home!
When are you leaving
x
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Hi Sharon

when are you leaving. hope all goes well for you

cheryl
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:21 am
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you and the same to you.
Enjoy your life back home!
When are you leaving
x
Around June / July time, no major rush at the moment.

Baby No.2 due mid May so not long after his arrival.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

davidandsarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Shabee, sorry to here you are going to come back to the UK, I can tell in your messages that its not what you want you want to stay, I think the problem is where you are living, its too quiet, I would move somewhere thats got a bit more going on before moving back, I only moved 300 miles in england and had the same thoughts that i wanted to go back home but I stuck with it and now would never move back. I now want to move to Aus as soon as possible, I have been out 3 times so not one of these that want to move but have never set foot in Aus, but all the best to you and your family.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidandsarah
Hi Shabee, sorry to here you are going to come back to the UK, I can tell in your messages that its not what you want you want to stay, I think the problem is where you are living, its too quiet, I would move somewhere thats got a bit more going on before moving back, I only moved 300 miles in england and had the same thoughts that i wanted to go back home but I stuck with it and now would never move back. I now want to move to Aus as soon as possible, I have been out 3 times so not one of these that want to move but have never set foot in Aus, but all the best to you and your family.
Good luck Shabee.I hope it all works out for you and wish you loads of luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.