Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:36 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

Originally Posted by Bix
Hello Louise.
Hows things ?

things are fine thanks Bix, seems we might be coming back as well so i would take cover if i were you, was thinking adelaide but might join rooksie and come and annoy you instead is that ok
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:36 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louise4
either that or a bear hug, be carefull we might not see you again

how are things with you, i see you have got the house on the market. bet your shitting a brick
i havent slept for weeks mate and its not all down to the baby - my head is up my arse!!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:39 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
i havent slept for weeks mate and its not all down to the baby - my head is up my arse!!

just relax knowing that this is the last time you will have to do it.

it is isn't it. your not gonna decide to go globe trotting somewhere else.

i often wonder if i will feel settled anywhere ever again, once you have done it once it demistifies things and you think your invinsible and can do anything. will have to see if i am in the poor house after retirement
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:41 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

things are fine thanks Bix, seems we might be coming back as well so i would take cover if i were you, was thinking adelaide but might join rooksie and come and annoy you instead is that ok
It would be my pleasure
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:45 am
forever hopeful

Originally Posted by Bix
It would be my pleasure

nice of you to say, you might change your mind later though when all the kids follow us (where the bloody hell is the old scared smilie, i liked that one)
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:42 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

nice of you to say, you might change your mind later though when all the kids follow us
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

So is someone going to put the barbie on for us then, and a cold beer would be nice And if all you ping pongers could just move over a bit cause we wanna be the first to board

Mandy
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
So is someone going to put the barbie on for us then, and a cold beer would be nice And if all you ping pongers could just move over a bit cause we wanna be the first to board

Mandy
HA!!!! catch me if you can!!!

Last edited by RooksieJ; Mar 2nd 2007 at 6:44 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh I will if I tie your shoe laces together
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:46 pm

Cool Re: Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

Yeh I will if I tie your shoe laces together
Bix looks like we heading your way..jed.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

You will love Cairns! We don't know where we will be heading yet, a girl can't make 2 decisions in one day you know
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:04 am

You will love Cairns! We don't know where we will be heading yet, a girl can't make 2 decisions in one day you know
would you not go back to cairns mate. if not, pray tell why!?!?!?!
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

we are in similar position but we went to Adelaide, not knocking it but we couldn't settle for a few reasons, some nothing to do with adelaide and returned to UK after nine months,very unsure about everything and every one. like you we found family were no diff. to before we went away, goodbye parties etc give you a false impression of your life. i also left a daughter here and elderly mother but coming back, my daughter still has her own life with her son and my mother bless her is 84 and set to live till 104.What point do you decide is right to return?
coming back has sorted problems for us, we know we don't want to stay in UK, no offence to UK but life was better for us in Oz. We know we were in wrong part for us and know we want to be in Brisbane, more what we were looking for. We also rushed out with wrong visa, SIR and so are having to apply again for 136 so costs are expensive as we feel we need an agent but hey we can't have everything and if it means we can go back then its worth it.Kids have decided for themselves this time that they want to be in Aus,3 sons 12, 13 and 17.I don't regret coming back to Uk as it has really sorted our heads for us and we've faced the whole situation and decided what it is we want from life . i know people joke about ping pong poms but i don't care, getting it right is what matters and yes it will still be a wrench leaving my daughter and my mum.i will just have to deal with that as it happens same as many other people on this site have had to.
i think it is true tho, that once you have done the migration bit you are not the same people and can't settle back into old life again. i can't say i am unhappy but I'm also counting down till we can return.Just got everything together for the agent to send off for the TRA. This will be the decider for us coz if it is a no then we will have to rethink again but i don't think we could stay in UK.Didn't mean to bore you with all my details, just to let you know you are not alone.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

RooksieJ,

We may or may not head back to Cairns, we haven't made our minds up yet. The only reasons we wouldn't head back that way is because if this is a new start it might be better to starts somewhere completely new.

Hubbie would like to head back out that way so it is a good possibility but I suppose it depends on jobs. I have nothing against Cairns, in fact I think I prefer it to Brisbane and the Gold Coast but we are just looking at all our options.

Babsw

Welcome to the ping pongers I think that most of us that are returning are doing so for similar reasons. Since being back I don't feel like I have really settled and feel abit 'removed' from family, like I love them and everthing but don't feel the need to live in their pockets. I'm glad to see that your kids are up for the move cause that makes it so much easier.

Mandy
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 2:06 pm

RooksieJ,

We may or may not head back to Cairns, we haven't made our minds up yet. The only reasons we wouldn't head back that way is because if this is a new start it might be better to starts somewhere completely new.

Hubbie would like to head back out that way so it is a good possibility but I suppose it depends on jobs. I have nothing against Cairns, in fact I think I prefer it to Brisbane and the Gold Coast but we are just looking at all our options.

Babsw

Welcome to the ping pongers I think that most of us that are returning are doing so for similar reasons. Since being back I don't feel like I have really settled and feel abit 'removed' from family, like I love them and everthing but don't feel the need to live in their pockets. I'm glad to see that your kids are up for the move cause that makes it so much easier.

Mandy
its a killer isnt it. we have cocked it up once so cant afford to make any more mistakes!!! my head was all over the place trying to decide whether to give it another shot and now him indoors has thrown a new location into the equation - oh fekk!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.