British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Scrawni and her life Oz-UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/scrawni-her-life-oz-uk-424809/)

RooksieJ Feb 12th 2007 9:14 am

Re: Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

Thanks Bix. Looks like we are going to go for it. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!! :eek:

Bix Feb 12th 2007 9:17 am

Originally Posted by RooksieJ (Post 4392718)
Thanks Bix. Looks like we are going to go for it. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!! :eek:

Say after me....."I'm sure I want to do this"

RooksieJ Feb 12th 2007 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 4392722)
Say after me....."I'm sure I want to do this"

"I'm sure I want to do...............*gulp*...... THIS!!!" :blink:

RooksieJ Feb 12th 2007 9:33 am

Bix ive sent you an email! :confused:

Scrawni 2 Feb 12th 2007 9:48 am

Wow! You go for it :thumbup: I am so excited for you! Just think, you been there and done that and have already worn that tea shirt so it should be easier this time round.

The people on here are fantastic so I'm sure you will get plenty of support both sides of the world.

Crikey, I had better start making some decisions hadn't I? I couldn't sleep last night, kept tossin' and turnin' with the whole thing going over in my mind.

How long do you have left on your visa? We have until Jan 2009. Have you decided what time frame you are looking at?

:thumbup:

Bix Feb 12th 2007 9:49 am

Originally Posted by RooksieJ (Post 4392755)
Bix ive sent you an email! :confused:

Replied :thumbup:

Bix Feb 12th 2007 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2 (Post 4392785)
I couldn't sleep last night, kept tossin' and turnin'

Was OH also awake ? :D

RooksieJ Feb 12th 2007 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2 (Post 4392785)
Wow! You go for it :thumbup: I am so excited for you! Just think, you been there and done that and have already worn that tea shirt so it should be easier this time round.

The people on here are fantastic so I'm sure you will get plenty of support both sides of the world.

Crikey, I had better start making some decisions hadn't I? I couldn't sleep last night, kept tossin' and turnin' with the whole thing going over in my mind.

How long do you have left on your visa? We have until Jan 2009. Have you decided what time frame you are looking at?

:thumbup:

got 4 years left mate but have to apply for visa for Eve but im told they dont take long. cant go without her!! :ohmy:

i guess it would be good for the older two to start new school year Jan 08 but you know how these things are, best laid plans and all that!!!!

i know what you mean about sleepless nights, messes with your head doesnt it :blink:

HiddenPaw Feb 12th 2007 10:24 am

:)

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2 (Post 4374648)
So, there you have it, shall I be a ping pong pom?? Life is good, food is cheap, weather hasn't been bad at all and we are slowly getting back to where we were before we left. So why am I thinking about returning?

Is it that you don't truly feel settled anywhere after moving and experiencing another way of life?

Who knows, but we have until 2009 to decide!

Mandy

Same for us. Enjoying life in UK (back 3 years, now with 2 children) but not a day has gone by when returning to Oz hasn't cropped up in conversation. My OH was wanted to go back from day 1 but I wanted to stay and get the pregnancy/birth side of life out of the way first. Birth of second baby coincided with OH starting his dream job, so just when I was able to say 'let's go', for the first time in 2 years, he wanted to stay. We are so out of sync with each other!

Anyway, we got to Christmas and thought now or never.....so just trying to sort out logistics for going back in a few months.

I don't think you can feel fully settled in UK if you left Oz with so many unaswered questions. From what I've read, you, me and Rooksie all made a premature exit for one reason or another so it's prob the case that we want to go back and get the answers to some more of those Qs (we left after 18months when I was 6 months pregnant).

Good to see you posting again. Good luck to you and Rooksie.

Scrawni 2 Feb 12th 2007 10:40 am

Bix, you saucy minx :D

I knew you had returned Hiddenpaw but wasn't sure why, I also didn't realise you were thinking about heading back. Where are you heading to?

It's took us 2 years financially to get back to some sort normality, it's expensive shipping things backward and forward isn't it? I am tempted to say bugger it and leave it all and start afresh though. If the daughter doesn't want to come we need to think about setting her up somewhere so alot of the stuff can be given to her I suppose.

Anyway, that make three? Anymore out there who are ping-ponging?

theyoungs Feb 12th 2007 1:43 pm

Hello there, this is my first time of posting even though I have been reading the different forums since 2002!!!!!

We (me, hubby, Kyle then 6 and rhys then 3) emigrated to South Australia in April 2004. I have family there albeit it was the first time we had ever spent time together. They were fantastic, however, the lure of home was too great at the time and we returned in November 2004.

We landed in Old Blightly absolutely skint and had to start over again.

However, hubby didn't really want to come back it was me really who instigated the whole thing. Kyle didn't settle too well either, he is quiet sole yet Rhys is like a lunatic!! he seemed to fit in very well thank you.

Any way to cut a long story short, our circumstances are very similar to Hiddenpaw, in so much as my hubby now has a decent job and I work alongside him too (except school holidays where I am allowed to stay at home, how lucky am I).

But despite all this, the Oz thing just doesn't go away and it just seems to slowly eat away at you from inside.

We have talked about nothing else since returning but I am scared stiff of making the same mistake again.

One day I am all set for going, the next day the doubt starts to creep in.

Some times I wish we had never gone at all.

Oh well, c'est la vie!! :blink:

Michelle

RooksieJ Feb 12th 2007 1:46 pm

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

:blink:

theyoungs Feb 12th 2007 1:53 pm

Rooksie, that's exactly how I feel!!!!!

I look at people and think, I wish my life was normal and I was content with what I've got and where I am at but instead I have this, virtually daily battle with myself, WHAT AM I DOING!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I have known for a long time that at least we are not alone and there are other families out there who are going through exactly the same daily torment as us!!!!

:D :D :D

I think deep down that we too may become ping pongers!!

We also have until Jan 2009 (beginning of).

Michelle

Scrawni 2 Feb 12th 2007 6:30 pm

Michelle,

First of all hi and welcome to the pingers and pongers :D

If you went back would you head back to the same place as before?

I know what you mean about kids not settling, my son didn't settle that well either. That's one of the things we will have to take into consideration this time round (I means maybe this time round 'cause I haven't exactly made my mind up yet).

Funny, the men seem to settle well and not many want to come back. I think us women have stronger ties with people.

We left in July 2004 so add the 18 mths it took us to get our visa along with moving back it seem to have been a weight on us for nearly 5 years :eek:

Mandy

HiddenPaw Feb 12th 2007 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by RooksieJ (Post 4393277)
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

:blink:

Something troubling you mate? :confused: :p