Saying bye bye

Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Saying bye bye

Well folks, we head back to Scotland in 5 weeks time and I am both excited and disappointed.

We came here as students with a tight timescale given our ages. The changes announced this year (so far!) have, in our opinion made it too difficult and silly to stay. While we can afford to we are going back to set up again in the UK.

Julia Gillard has made it clear (before she was PM) that she's not open to students obtaining residency and her most recent comments about keeping Australia small just confirm that our decision to go is probably for the best. Given she's now PM I just feel further difficult times are ahead for students.

My work wanted to try and keep me on a 457 visa however I was looking at a 60 hour week which I was definitely not keen on. In the end the Management wouldn't increase my part-time role to full-time so decision made.

My husband is going to be like a bear with a smacked arse for a while but we have no regarets about giving it a shot. There would have been regrets if we had sat in our hold house not having given it a go though.

So, that's it. Flights are all booked.

There won't really be any reason for me to keep posting on BE however, it has sort of become a daily ritual to check-in and see what's been going on.

Thank you to everyone who has offered support and advice. Good luck to all those in the process of visa applications - in particular to all of the students - Shears, Mandyp, Pumpkinblossom - you guys have given some fantastic support and advice.

To Bermudashorts - I honestly think you should set up your own immigration business! Your advice has been amazing. Not just for me but in general across the forum.

All the best everyone x
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saying bye bye

Good luck guys, have a safe flight back.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I should add that going bad and it being silly for us to stay is based on our own circumstances being here as students!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 11:01 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck for the future, wherever it may take you
Old Jul 5th 2010, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you all the very best with your return to the UK.
Very sorry that things have not worked out for you here but it is not always meant to be & as you say, you gave it a go & that in itself is something to be very proud of.

Last edited by Sally Simpson; Jul 5th 2010 at 12:59 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 11:40 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

so sorry to hear you are having to go back, wish you all the best of luck back in UK
Old Jul 5th 2010, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

All the best for the future and thank you for your kind words.

Good luck.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

All the best for the next step in your life's adventure! Hope things look much brighter for you now.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Wish you all the best for your return to OK, hope everything works out well for you.
As all international students know, it's not an easy route, and just got fingers crossed that in our family members case it's still worth staying put, as he has invested 41/2 years here.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Bigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really nice

Kingseat, I'm sorry to see that Oz did not work out for you. I remember reading some of your earlier threads with admiration. We have our PR now but it was not easy for us, we had our first line of attack disappear when the pass mark changed some years ago. We had a rethink and only after some retraining and self employment did we manage to find a way. I'm sure this is a silly question, but I have not followed all your threads, is there any other way? What ever happens good luck, we really do feel for you in this situation. Cheers, H.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

All the best, Kingseat, and at least your family and friends back home will be glad to see you.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers. All the best!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear it has not worked out for you. I came on a student visa, and as we all know it is a risky thing as migration laws seem to change all the time. Luckily for us it all worked out. I hope you settle back into Scotland, and as you say, at least you gave it a go. All the best.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Well folks, we head back to Scotland in 5 weeks time and I am both excited and disappointed.

We came here as students with a tight timescale given our ages. The changes announced this year (so far!) have, in our opinion made it too difficult and silly to stay. While we can afford to we are going back to set up again in the UK.

Julia Gillard has made it clear (before she was PM) that she's not open to students obtaining residency and her most recent comments about keeping Australia small just confirm that our decision to go is probably for the best. Given she's now PM I just feel further difficult times are ahead for students.

My work wanted to try and keep me on a 457 visa however I was looking at a 60 hour week which I was definitely not keen on. In the end the Management wouldn't increase my part-time role to full-time so decision made.

My husband is going to be like a bear with a smacked arse for a while but we have no regarets about giving it a shot. There would have been regrets if we had sat in our hold house not having given it a go though.

So, that's it. Flights are all booked.

There won't really be any reason for me to keep posting on BE however, it has sort of become a daily ritual to check-in and see what's been going on.

Thank you to everyone who has offered support and advice. Good luck to all those in the process of visa applications - in particular to all of the students - Shears, Mandyp, Pumpkinblossom - you guys have given some fantastic support and advice.

To Bermudashorts - I honestly think you should set up your own immigration business! Your advice has been amazing. Not just for me but in general across the forum.

All the best everyone x
All the best to you on your return!! Hope you all manage to settle back without too much stress!! I admire your 'nothing ventured. . ' slant on your post as It is so true! Good luck!

Cheers
Mandy

Ps cheers for the support ;-)
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road

Hi kingseat,

Sorry to hear you're heading home, the student route is so bloomin tough! I really think that they should just say either yes or no to student route to pr, not mess everyone around and keep on changing the goal posts!! It's just a real money spinner for Aus, so is likely to continue!
Hope you and your family settle back home well, i'm sure you will, All the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.