British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   S-Jmelbournwannabe's update (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/s-jmelbournwannabes-update-631039/)

s-jmelbournewannabe Sep 16th 2009 5:16 am

S-Jmelbournwannabe's update

Well guys,

How long has it been? We are coming up for 2 years on the sunny coast now! hasnt it flown by!

THought i'd rekindle this as was hoping to hear how you've all been in that time... I keep in touch with a few of you on FB but have no idea about the rest of you....

I'll start...

still where we landed in Nov 07, Occupation was Electrical Mechanic..
went to Tafe got Elec mech licence & Aussie Qualifications, done Electrical Contractors Licence & set up business Eco Electrical Contractors.

Business is slowly lifting off.. however he's still working the day job too as currently doing Open Data Cabling & waiting for renewable energy course to start at Tafe.. once thats all done, we will be on our way hopefully...

Jumped through lots of hoops & got bad backs from bending over backwards often...

Kids doing very well in education & kindy. I love it... no homesickness that we could mention... had the little stints of feeling a little alone, but nothing major..

Got heaps of good friends & social network. I do a little bit of work & run the business. While gets sore hands!

The twins have Aussie accents as they were only just 2 when arrived. Too cute.

We have a Beagle called Tom & a Kitty called Jessi...

THink thats about it & we dont regret it one bit.. its been hard work at times & still is........ not for the faint hearted, but so worth the journey...

Absolutely the best thing we have ever done, but skint as!! lol!!:rofl:

Well hopefully hear from some of you 'original Marchies 07' soon....

Sj x:thumbsup:

sonlymewalter Sep 16th 2009 12:06 pm

Re: S-Jmelbournwannabe's update

Congrats on your 2 years in Aus mate. Sounds like you've had a tough time and have come through it good:thumbup:

I notice you're in the Sunshine coast, yet your name is Melbourne wannabe....did you move to Melbourne and move to Sunshine coast after?

Sally Simpson Sep 16th 2009 3:03 pm

Nice to see you again & glad that things are going well so far despite the hoops!:thumbsup:
I wish you continued success!:fingerscrossed:

tiredwithtwins Sep 16th 2009 8:25 pm

nice update s-j ... glad its worked out for you all!!

:thumbsup:

Mrs Cooler Sep 16th 2009 9:48 pm

WOW- so pleased for you I am a new poster but believe it or not you inspired me to follow my dream, i used to read your posts on your rights as cheeky monkey..... we have been through the same........anyhow not long for us i hope as co just requested form 80..... must be many who have been through what we have but you were brave to share your story

with so many thanks

Mrs Cooler xxxxxxx

Jaycee1 Sep 16th 2009 10:01 pm

That 2 years has gone sooo fast!!!!
Sounds like you are getting there; good luck with the business.:thumbsup:
We fly tomorrow and I'm ready to stick it out through thick and thin!!!
Here's to many more happy years to come :beer:
J x

katsmajic Sep 16th 2009 11:57 pm

Great to hear your update, glad your all doing well.
Time does fly
heres to the next 2 years xxx

robertnhelen Sep 17th 2009 8:53 am

Hi SJ,

Just thinking about you and yours and then noticed your update, we are in Mooloolaba, think thats how you spell it!! on Sunday 27th and Mon 28th of Sept (week on Sunday) meeting some friends from Mansfield for lunch on the Sunday, would be great to catch up if its anywhere near you.

Great to here your doing well, hopefully see you soon.

Rob, Helen & Caitlain.

Dawn&Andy Sep 21st 2009 1:55 am

Hi SJ

good to hear from you, sounds like you are enjoying life still up there, glad things are working out:)

we are still here in adelaide, hubby just looking at doing contractors license too. We much the same as you in same place we landed, tho we have since bought a little house, which we are slowly renovating. Kids all happy in school etc, two dogs and lookin forward to summer

Good luck with the business hope it continues to take off, might have to pick ya brains now hubbys gonna get his going;)

Dawn (also a marchie 07):)

sammyg Sep 21st 2009 3:05 am

Hello Mrs!!!

Great to hear that you stuck it out!! and you don't regret it;)
I've often thought about you on the sunny coast!! glad to finally hear from you!

We too are still on the Goldy, loving it but it's had it's moments too!
Stu becomes a police officer in 6 weeks and he leaves the house everyday in his uniform:wub: still not got used to it!!!
I'm doing family day care from home as its sooo convienient, but may go to work soon?!

Rhiannon took a while to settle in as she was so close to my side of the family but she's happy now.

We too have met a fab group of friends who have mad partys nearly every other weekend...it's killing us!!!

You'll have to get your ass down here one day so we can catch up!!
Sam
xxxxx (fellow marchy 07 too)

ps are kelsey and andy still here?

steve`o Oct 4th 2009 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe (Post 7934997)
Well guys,

How long has it been? We are coming up for 2 years on the sunny coast now! hasnt it flown by!

THought i'd rekindle this as was hoping to hear how you've all been in that time... I keep in touch with a few of you on FB but have no idea about the rest of you....

I'll start...

went to Tafe got Elec mech licence & Aussie Qualifications, done Electrical Contractors Licence & set up business Eco Electrical Contractors.

Business is slowly lifting off.. however he's still working the day job too as currently doing Open Data Cabling & waiting for renewable energy course to start at Tafe.. once thats all done, we will be on our way hopefully...

Jumped through lots of hoops & got bad backs from bending over backwards often...

Kids doing very well in education & kindy. I love it... no homesickness that we could mention... had the little stints of feeling a little alone, but nothing major..

Got heaps of good friends & social network. I do a little bit of work & run the business. While gets sore hands!

THink thats about it & we dont regret it one bit.. its been hard work at times & still is........ not for the faint hearted, but so worth the journey...

great to hear its all working out so well

regards steve

brissie-here-we-come Nov 2nd 2009 12:53 pm

Hya All, yes still here loving it !!! just dont know why we waited so long... or was that just because the migration takes so long lol, i now have 3 of my sisters living out here, and we're still in brissie, we have certainly had our ups and downs, but no way would we even consider going back, not been on here for a while...uuumm about 2 years lol, and this weekend will be our 2 years here and boy has it gone quick !!!, nice to catch up with your storys, hope to catch up more..... Kelsey and Andy :p

rosebee Nov 5th 2009 5:13 am

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe (Post 7934997)
Well guys,

I'll start...

Pleased to hear that all is going well for you and yours, we too are here on the Sunshine Coast and loving it and all it has to offer. There is no doubt about it, it is a great place to bring up the kids.