Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Quickie six month update!

Quickie six month update!

Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:37 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Quickie six month update!

It will be six months on 8th September that we have been in Australia.

Still in the same jobs, the usual variety of intense and often painful emotions to deal with.

I keep seeing people that look like my friends/Dad and the more I stare at them the more they morph into them.

Mr PP said he can hear me say certain words with a 'twang' but I beg to differ although when I am drunk my Westcountry accent comes out really strong.

I don't miss England yet I tune in to anything English/British and felt absurdly proud when I saw the handover at the Olympics on TV.

I don't miss any food/shops because I hated shopping anyway. Good hairdressers seem to be at a premium after my hair was well and truly hacked into by some English bird who thought that I would look 'better with short hair' - and now I am scared shitless to get it cut. One guy has told me his wife is a hairdresser and she can do it. However I dont want to help anyone out with their business at the risk of having my hair ruined again so I shall save my pennies and go to the salon opposite my work as they did my hair once and although costly, did a good job.

My asthma is better, I am finally starting to feel healthier after being ill with picking up various germs.

Mr PP still enjoys shopping and has found a nice little Italian supermarket in Freo where the veggies are so cheap so that is him happy, in fact he was in there this morning

However, even though everything is going really well in Fremantle and I love it here, I have really posted this to tell you that we are not staying here and it is time for us to go home.

I feel sick at the thought of moving, moving the cat again, packing our boxes and just moving but there is nothing we can do as it has to be done.

My family can't believe we are leaving either and nor can I really as I have loved it here.

Not to mention the cost, how the bloody hell are we going to finance it? How can I do it again to my cat? We move on 10th October so are packing and ending contracts now etc.

And on that note, I would like to proudly announce that by 'going home' we are actually the new owners of a 3 bedroom house with a big piss off garden about 6km out of Fremantle!

WE HAVE BOUGHT A BLOODY HOUSE!

We had applied for pre-approval and then got the broker checked out, I did my own research and she has got us a brilliant deal with interest. After seeing some properties, we kept coming back to the same one and it felt right the minute I walked in the door.

Dad had phoned me to say he had come out of hospital and the agent rang Mr PP, so they were negotiating with the owner in a 3 way conversation and all of a sudden it was a done deal.

So I said to Dad 'guess what? we have just bought a house' Dad was so excited he couldnt speak.

We paid our deposit yesterday and signed the contract and although it is subject to finance, there shouldnt be a problem and as Mr PP said, if it is meant to be then it is meant to be - if it falls through then so be it.

I wont say any more yet as I dont want to jinx it but we could never have done this in England - it is just more achievable here.

This house isnt a palace, the garden needs some work, the walls need painting so I can see a 'painting party' coming on, Ill supply the beer and the paint

But we dont want a huge house, we want a home and that is what we have got.

There, my update! (fooled ya though didnt I?)
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quickie six month update!

Yes you bl**dy did you old bag!

Really great to hear that things are starting to settle for you & congrats on your new home
Hope you will post some pics
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:19 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire

Really great to hear that things are starting to settle for you & congrats on your new home
Hope you will post some pics
As soon as its settled and sorted - pics will follow

It aint a palace but its ours
Old Sep 6th 2008, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Old Sep 6th 2008, 1:42 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic update PP
congruatulations on buying your own house and good luck with the move
J x
Old Sep 6th 2008, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Fantastic update PP
congruatulations on buying your own house and good luck with the move
J x
We have never had our own home before.

Hell, we still dont even have a car but that will come soon.

There will be a few drinks in our new garden though that is for sure

And I will be getting my long awaited and much longed for Dog. The current do has a bed under the porch/shelter whatever its called and a bed in the house for night time.

Gordon will finally have company.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 1:50 pm
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice
Smile Re: Quickie six month update!

wow putting down proper roots!! glad you feel settled enough to go for it, we are still undecided whether to rent for a while (if we ever get there!!) or to try and buy straight away. Look forward to you piccys being posted. All the best, Diz x x
Originally Posted by Professional Princess
As soon as its settled and sorted - pics will follow

It aint a palace but its ours
Old Sep 6th 2008, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Diz
wow putting down proper roots!! glad you feel settled enough to go for it, we are still undecided whether to rent for a while (if we ever get there!!) or to try and buy straight away. Look forward to you piccys being posted. All the best, Diz x x
Personally I would rent for six months - we have found that we needed to settle mentally and get over the whole migration process.

Although the thought of moving makes me feel sick - even though we havent had chance to build up in the way of crap to take with us.

The poor cat, when he sees his export crate he screams his head off and runs away

We would have liked to have bought in Fremantle but couldnt afford it so have settled for 6km out and still a short bus ride in.

Just hope the finance goes through OK.

Ive been having refresher driving lessons as well as I havent driven since I passed my test 17 years ago. Jesus christ they are mad on the roads here, they crawl up your arse and get annoyed with you if they cant overtake.

I HATE driving but now I am forced in to it so will have a lesson a week till I get my confidence - if ever that happens.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Personally I would rent for six months - we have found that we needed to settle mentally and get over the whole migration process.

Although the thought of moving makes me feel sick - even though we havent had chance to build up in the way of crap to take with us.

The poor cat, when he sees his export crate he screams his head off and runs away

We would have liked to have bought in Fremantle but couldnt afford it so have settled for 6km out and still a short bus ride in.

Just hope the finance goes through OK.

Ive been having refresher driving lessons as well as I havent driven since I passed my test 17 years ago. Jesus christ they are mad on the roads here, they crawl up your arse and get annoyed with you if they cant overtake.

I HATE driving but now I am forced in to it so will have a lesson a week till I get my confidence - if ever that happens.
Oh PP you are a one, I really started to believe you were going back! So glad your not as I so enjoy reading hyour posts etc.

Brilliant news about the house and cross fingers and toes for you, fantastic.

Driving will come back dont worry, if I can overcome anxiety then you can overcome driving, don't worry!

So pleased for you both and look forward to piccies.
Absolutely fantastic news

Plants
Old Sep 6th 2008, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by PLANTS
Oh PP you are a one, I really started to believe you were going back! So glad your not as I so enjoy reading hyour posts etc.

Brilliant news about the house and cross fingers and toes for you, fantastic.

Driving will come back dont worry, if I can overcome anxiety then you can overcome driving, don't worry!

So pleased for you both and look forward to piccies.
Absolutely fantastic news

Plants
Im just so nervous although automatic cars are easy, I just have no confidence at all.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey You!

I just about had a cardiac arrest! You little minx.

So glad that you have bought a home!

All the very best to you and Mr PP, and Gordon!

Mxxx
Old Sep 6th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS, PP !!

I'm so glad you like it as I know you've had a very long and arduous journey to get here.

Buying your own place will make you feel more settled and will allow you to put proper roots down.

Good on yer, girl !
Old Sep 6th 2008, 2:43 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I really must read things properly I read this as Quickie Sex.

Congratulations on your new home
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Hey You!

I just about had a cardiac arrest! You little minx.

So glad that you have bought a home!

All the very best to you and Mr PP, and Gordon!

Mxxx
Can you imagine Gordon when we get a dog? I am keen to get a whippet but if I cant find a decent one (they seem to be bred very small here) then we will get a blue heeler.

Originally Posted by elmtree
CONGRATULATIONS, PP !!

I'm so glad you like it as I know you've had a very long and arduous journey to get here.

Buying your own place will make you feel more settled and will allow you to put proper roots down.

Good on yer, girl !
A mortgage is so scary Much more than our rent but at least it will be ours.

Originally Posted by Thydney
I really must read things properly I read this as Quickie Sex.

Congratulations on your new home
Quicky sex? You saucy minx Thyd I shall black your eyes with the twins in a minute.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:10 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

You felt proud at the olympic handover,are you for real babe ????? It was very embarrassing,mind you im IRISH so i enjoyed it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.