Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

Brilliant news

I'm so pleased for you both.

Tracey.x.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of
Default Re: POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

What did ur hubby need to do to apply for the coppers?
did he need history checks and other things done first?
Is he getting any kind of pay during the training and how long is his training??
Sorry for being nosey but it had crossed my mind to join when we land in Oz.
Thanks, any info will help

cheers

btw- What a story
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:37 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
What did ur hubby need to do to apply for the coppers?
did he need history checks and other things done first?
Is he getting any kind of pay during the training and how long is his training??
Sorry for being nosey but it had crossed my mind to join when we land in Oz.
Thanks, any info will help

cheers

btw- What a story
Hi,
He had to fill in various forms and submit his emigrating police check - as he has not been back to UK since we moved this was fine. He gets basic training wage - around $500 a week and his training is 30 weeks. Then he has a year probation with a senior officer. Then posted. All exciting! Lots of tests and training. Hope that helps!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Phyllis n Joe will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Hi,
He had to fill in various forms and submit his emigrating police check - as he has not been back to UK since we moved this was fine. He gets basic training wage - around $500 a week and his training is 30 weeks. Then he has a year probation with a senior officer. Then posted. All exciting! Lots of tests and training. Hope that helps!
Hi WWW,

Great news, see I told you no news was good news!!! Sorry you couldn't make the meet up today, hope your feeling better. Hope you can make the next one in October!

Phyllis
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let you all know.......
He got it! Hubby starts his training at the Oxley Police Accademy next month! WOOOOHOOOO!
Thanks all of you for your support and kind words throughout this thread. Huge love to you all! YIPPEE!
Fantastic news
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:56 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let you all know.......
He got it! Hubby starts his training at the Oxley Police Accademy next month! WOOOOHOOOO!
Thanks all of you for your support and kind words throughout this thread. Huge love to you all! YIPPEE!
Congratulations!!

I am so pleased for you!

Adele
p.s. sorry this is a bit late only just read the update
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:35 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all of you for your messages. Hubby starts next Monday - he's going to live in the accademy and come home at weekends. We don't want anything to blow this - so that will give him good study time away from our 2 noisy kids - (oh yes and noisy me too)! I'll miss him though! I think my Mum is going to try to come over to keep me company for a month or so. That will be really lovely to see her. My small business is picking up well and I may have a p/t teaching job coming up soon too. So all is rosy just now. Just feels so good to know that in 6 months time finances will be managable! Just 6 months of juggling to go! Now - where did I put my clown suit?!? All the very best wishes to all of you.
WWW x It can be done after all!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:12 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

And thanks Soapy for the signature tip! Got it sussed (although it's no use to anyone other than youth workers or teachers!)
But thanks anyway for the kick up the arse I needed to get the site finished.
Cheers mate and will deffo make it to the next meet, (with the bed, mind!)
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:46 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh Tamborine! We visited there when we were in Aus in June, what a fantastic place - I could sooooooooo live there. Dale thinks it'll be too far out for him to get work though

I'm very jealous, looks a beautiful peaceful place.

Oh and congratulations on Mr www job, hope the training goes well
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all of you for your messages. Hubby starts next Monday - he's going to live in the accademy and come home at weekends. We don't want anything to blow this - so that will give him good study time away from our 2 noisy kids - (oh yes and noisy me too)! I'll miss him though! I think my Mum is going to try to come over to keep me company for a month or so. That will be really lovely to see her. My small business is picking up well and I may have a p/t teaching job coming up soon too. So all is rosy just now. Just feels so good to know that in 6 months time finances will be managable! Just 6 months of juggling to go! Now - where did I put my clown suit?!? All the very best wishes to all of you.
Good luck to your hubby with his training
Glad things are really looking up.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:45 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

And thanks Soapy for the signature tip! Got it sussed (although it's no use to anyone other than youth workers or teachers!)
But thanks anyway for the kick up the arse I needed to get the site finished.
Cheers mate and will deffo make it to the next meet, (with the bed, mind!)
your welcome. tell hubby i said good luck
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Totally njoyed readin this thread n thought it'd be nice to see it back up there as it's good to hear a 'real' story.

Loadsa people head out with a decent amount a money, but a haven't heard many similar with a handfull a cash n a few suitcases!!!

We are headin to the gold coast in December, Hubbie goin back to college student visa the kinda last option unless we waited a few years, but life is for living, not waiting!!!

We thought it was gona be tough with the little we'r taking over, but its a few handfulls more, and our main concern bout the whole move n setting up!!

Totally reasured that we'l be fine now, thank you very much for the original post!!

Gold coast here we come with a few suitcases n handfulls a cash!!!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

hannah7819 will become famous soon enoughhannah7819 will become famous soon enough

Whloeworldwindow - Oh my god - I was nearly in tears reading that - sooo emotional!!! Myself and my family are hoping to fulfill our dream and live in oz - and our situation is much like yours. we have never owned a property, we live in a housing association home and we have just used all our savings to clear our debts so we could make a fresh start. we know it will be a struggle but we are trying to prepare ourselves as much as possible for it. We just can't stand the idea of our children growing up in uk. my eldest is already 12 and is starting to show the same traits as his friends (who are total chavs!!) he has always been such a polite well behaved lad and i don't want him to turn out like his friends. my daughter is 6 and already copying the attitudes promoted to kids in the uk and i have a 9 month old boy - i know there are always positives and negatives whereever you live but so many people i know have made the move and haven't regretted it one bit.

I would just like to thank you wholeworldwindow for giving such an honest, thought provoking account of your move. i have seen a few posts where people have made the move and are not having a particularly good time of it but they just focus on the negative. really nice how you can still see the upside to life in oz when, ok certain aspects aren't exactly how you hoped they would be.

Thank you
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Great Post! Money poor, spirit rich! Glad to see your hard work is paying off and good luck to you in your new lives!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 2:25 am
Just Joined

kathkim is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

Hi I love this posting
I can relate to a lot of what your saying.I know things will work out ok for you.
We love Mt Tamborine and go there a lot ,its not very far from us.
Is hubby going to Oxley acadmey? my son went there he has been a policeman for about 3 years and loves it.A couple of his mates have joined this year too,and our friends son came out of the Academy last year.
They all work for the QLD Police force.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.