Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

Wish you all the happiness in the world!! We will be joining you soon, i want to come see your balcony!

S-j xx
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 10:54 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Wish you all the happiness in the world!! We will be joining you soon, i want to come see your balcony!

S-j xx
fingers crossed for the hubbie on his application for the police. has he only just put his application in?

i just wanted to add my best wishes onto the rest of these posters. if all these posts were good wishes, things will turn around for you on the finance front, and lady luck will smile down.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:27 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so very much to everyone for the wishes. Your wishes have in turn really uplifted me further. On that note - I was at a garage sale this morning and found a book all about a French writer that I was named after but I didn't know anything about her. I was telling the lady who was selling the book that it must be fate as it was my b'day today so I must by the book. Another man browsing at the stall who I've never met before over heard and insisted on paying for the book for me as a birthday gift. I was overwhealmed by the gesture. Then later this afternoon, my sons and I were shopping for pool pipe and the shop keper gave them a free blow up basketball set. Then walking down the road back to the car I heard some one shouting my name. I turned around and a complete strager lady shouted out happy birthday to me (then I saw she was with the man from the garage sale) I grinned ear to ear and ducked into the grocery shop - which I have only been in once before. He had over heard and started singing Happy B'day to me in the shop. My sons baught me stunning flowers and the sun is shining! What a difference well wishes make to a day. I wish every one who has posted here the very best wishes for your move and also for your lives.
Hope the sun shines in your lives today too! Lordy, I love Australia!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:50 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Thanks so very much to everyone for the wishes. Your wishes have in turn really uplifted me further. On that note - I was at a garage sale this morning and found a book all about a French writer that I was named after but I didn't know anything about her. I was telling the lady who was selling the book that it must be fate as it was my b'day today so I must by the book. Another man browsing at the stall who I've never met before over heard and insisted on paying for the book for me as a birthday gift. I was overwhealmed by the gesture. Then later this afternoon, my sons and I were shopping for pool pipe and the shop keper gave them a free blow up basketball set. Then walking down the road back to the car I heard some one shouting my name. I turned around and a complete strager lady shouted out happy birthday to me (then I saw she was with the man from the garage sale) I grinned ear to ear and ducked into the grocery shop - which I have only been in once before. He had over heard and started singing Happy B'day to me in the shop. My sons baught me stunning flowers and the sun is shining! What a difference well wishes make to a day. I wish every one who has posted here the very best wishes for your move and also for your lives.
What a beautiful post. Smile and the world smiles with you. Great saying and usually true, certainly appears to be in your case.

PS. My hubby worked in a famous film studios back home, couldn't get work anything like it here though. The industry just isn't big enough. Good luck to you all.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:23 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, all I can say is what goes around comes around. With your fab attitude and your lovely family you deserve all the luck in the world. And you prove the money is not the be all and end all - a good outlook on life, contentment with all the good things you have, a lovely family and parrots out of your front window - sounds l ike you have a pretty good life to me.

Hope you go from strength to strength.

Shirley x
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

jobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to all

Great story............great thread.

Glad you're enjoying it and best wishes to you all.

PS ......happy birthday
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic post - amazing courage - hope your OH gets police job.

I wish you and your family well, Lj
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:34 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

beautiful
Old Feb 11th 2007, 3:21 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

bloody fantastic posts WWW such a positive attitude
Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

What fantastic posts,,, you are a shining example to us all! I hope life continues to get better and better for you and your lovely family
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:16 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

what a fantastic post; filled with honesty and emotion
we hope everything works out for you
bec and egg
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:20 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Great post...its always good to hear about 'the other side of the coin'.....C x
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is by far the best one i have read yet. you and your family have proved how the best things in life dont have to cost a lot of money.
Good luck to OH with the police force but i feel that no matter what the outcome you are a family of survivors and i hope i have at least half your determination if i ever makeit out there
mandy
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

Great post, sent you some K, keep smiling. It's hard anywhere these days to make a go of things, but you proove with a bit of courage and hard graft anything is possible. hope all goes well for you and your family.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant. Was like watching Lassie go home with a big lump in my throat. You deserve all the luck going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.