Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:12 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

What a brilliant thread!!!!!!
It's given me the kick up the ar*e that I needed to move up a gear........and to believe in myself
Huge CONGRATULATIONS on passing your exams........feel proud for you!!!!
Keep updating us please!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:46 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

Im just gob snacked! what a fantastic thread (ive only read half so far gotta get kids tea on so will read next bit tonight)... had me in tears! This should be made into a sticky its one of them rare inspirational thread.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Dragonflies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

What an inspiring and motivational story! It just goes to show if you want it enough....

We are looking to move abroad and one of our main worries was financial but you guys have really put things into perspective and made it all seem possible!

Thanks and congratulations on a happy ending to a hard working and positive family - good on ya!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

graemestuart99 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a truly inspirational story - well done and good luck - if we can do as good as you when we hopefully emmigrate then we will be ok.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:53 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Soapy - your a cheeky bugger ! lol!
I meant it, wasnt being cheeky for a change
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:54 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, had to put it up! I'm SOOOOO PROUD!
has he had a bit of a shave from the last time i saw him?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:16 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
has he had a bit of a shave from the last time i saw him?
Yeh, he's not allowed his traditional goatie! He tried to grow a full beard over his 2 weeks off at Christmas - but the boss didn't like it and told him he had to shave it off! Do you know what was sad though.....on the actual graduation day he woke up in the morning with an absess - and his face was all swollen for the graduation. I'm now calling him Constable Chipmunk!
lol!
Attached Thumbnails POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down-proud-daddy.jpg  
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:22 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, he's not allowed his traditional goatie! He tried to grow a full beard over his 2 weeks off at Christmas - but the boss didn't like it and told him he had to shave it off! Do you know what was sad though.....on the actual graduation day he woke up in the morning with an absess - and his face was all swollen for the graduation. I'm now calling him Constable Chipmunk!
lol!
That's a great picture
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:25 am
Master of verbal pish©

lol!
lmao. the photo just didnt look like him without it
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:26 pm
Emigrated 24/11/07

jellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud of

lol!
I had to bump this thread it deserves to be on the top of the pile ALWAYS. YOU are a complete inspiration.

I wish you ALL THE VERY BEST in anything and everything you do ~ what a fantastic couple and doesn't he look FANTASTIC in that hard earned uniform.

I know you're doing a lot but have you considered writing (magazines, news articles), your style IS inspirational and some of your earleir stuff about the car and 3rd gear - you have a GREAT journalistic style which I'm CERTAIN someone would be interested in.

Please keep updating this, this is SO what BE should be about.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Love this story and congrats btw, I was about to say ask your hubby to apply for the correctional services aswell! until I seen the pic of him in uniform,lol

I hate those threads with`Is 100,000 pounds enough?`, what a crock of s**t
you are a prime example of going for your dream, well done, your kids must be so proud of their parents.

bluekipper
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, had to put it up! I'm SOOOOO PROUD!
Blimey, he looks so different C, the boys have grown up soo much, they're still gorgeous though Hope L's loving the job.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:56 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jellibaby
I had to bump this thread it deserves to be on the top of the pile ALWAYS. YOU are a complete inspiration.

I wish you ALL THE VERY BEST in anything and everything you do ~ what a fantastic couple and doesn't he look FANTASTIC in that hard earned uniform.

I know you're doing a lot but have you considered writing (magazines, news articles), your style IS inspirational and some of your earleir stuff about the car and 3rd gear - you have a GREAT journalistic style which I'm CERTAIN someone would be interested in.

Please keep updating this, this is SO what BE should be about.
Thanks guys - that was lovely to read. Really brightens your day when people say such nice things. Writing - ME! HA! Nah - don't think so! But never say never (although Hubby laughed heartily when he read your post! He then made me write all the treasure hunt clues for the Easter Egg hunt - as I "have such great writing skills!" Lol! Cheeky bugger! Pity I can't spell!)
Anyway - thanks so much again for your positivity.....all of you. All and everything to you....sending sunny warm vibes to you all via my recently found friend - the Universe!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:07 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Blimey, he looks so different C, the boys have grown up soo much, they're still gorgeous though Hope L's loving the job.
Hey Pen,
How ya doing hun? All good here now. Bank balance becoming fluid - finally! YIPEE! It's so nice to have milk all the time and be able to go to the Garage Sales every Saturday! GRIN! - Well ok, it's only been 1 week full wage so far - but so feel good to be paying off some of those heavier bills already! Lordy - that training wage was hard - harder than I thought! But truly at the end of the tunnel now! And that light is bright! So I'm putting on my sunnies and basking ...(and wishing away any trains that may storm through that tunnel and squish me!) I love my new life down under! All's good!
You thought Lez was a hippy ....huh?... pillar of the community now - instead of pillic of the Community - Lol! Nah, seriously, he's really thriving and it has boosted his self esteem and belief in himself ten fold! Luverly Jubbly!
Hope to see you sometime Pen - if your up'a this way - let me know!
x WWW X C
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've lost your number. PM me with it and I'll buzz you next time I'm that way. Not been up the mountain for ages, we've been exploring the ranges down this end. God, I love this place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.