Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:09 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

Originally Posted by alexa7
wholeworldwindow,
Great post thanks.
I have a question. Are there jobs in broadcasting/media on GC or Brisbane area? I'm in broadcasting in UK and we are heading to GC next year but from what i've heard there are not many jobs in this industry unless you are in Sydney, is that true? how difficult was it to get that Kindy job? Did you do similar job in UK?
thanks
i love it when a new poster does a bit of searching before they ask a question

it makes it much easier to get the best answer.
just like you have done
you couldnt have asked a better person to answer your question

good luck
Old Feb 21st 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

welshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud of
Default Re: POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down

what great news

only just came across your thread this afternoon...and OMG..what a brill read,there's been tears and laughter..but its all smiles now for you and your family

congratulations to your hubby in graduatingthats great news,and for you to be happy in your jobs well done girl.

so on that note....
ALL THE BEST AND HAPPINESS FOR THE FURTURE love clare & dean xx
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased for you WWW, have been following your posts. Started in the UK with them & now we've been here for 3 mths. finding it a bit difficult with cash now too. We ended up on Sunshine Coast. however did like Mt Tamborine. Have beeen up to Glasshouse Mts. and love them.

not sure what Oz holds for us at the moment, but i know it's better than what the UK did.

So happy life is finally working out for you and your family. Good luck with everything you do and hopefully you will let us know how you're getting on.

Take care, S-j x
Old Feb 24th 2008, 12:15 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Hey!
I remember reading this post from the UK and its great things have turned out so well for you.
You gave me great hope that it could be done!We also came out with v little-we shipped 5 boxes and carried 5 suitcases(and a guitar!).We have been here(Redcliffe) for almost 10 months now and we are having a blast!!I am nursing and hubby works as a waiter part time and is the school run chief!We have 2 kids(6 and 4).We have to watch every cent and the day before pay day we have been known to have just $1 in our accountBUT we do so much more here than we did in the UK-we go to the beach as much as we can,kids go to swimming lessons and karate,we go up the mountains and to the botanical gardens and we spent the day on Bribie island yesterday-even had a fish and chip supper!We can afford to eat out occasionally and we live in a nice rental.It will do us for now.We have never been happier
I hope you continue to live life to the full!Wishing you every happiness,
Andyxx
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:36 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ya - keep positive and focus on getting a little further every day! it will happen!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:37 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Really pleased for you WWW, have been following your posts. Started in the UK with them & now we've been here for 3 mths. finding it a bit difficult with cash now too. We ended up on Sunshine Coast. however did like Mt Tamborine. Have beeen up to Glasshouse Mts. and love them.

not sure what Oz holds for us at the moment, but i know it's better than what the UK did.

So happy life is finally working out for you and your family. Good luck with everything you do and hopefully you will let us know how you're getting on.

Take care, S-j x
Have never been to Sunshine Coast yet - but will one day - that's one place I would love to see. All the very best to you and yours. x
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:39 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by welshtaffy
what great news

only just came across your thread this afternoon...and OMG..what a brill read,there's been tears and laughter..but its all smiles now for you and your family

congratulations to your hubby in graduatingthats great news,and for you to be happy in your jobs well done girl.

so on that note....
ALL THE BEST AND HAPPINESS FOR THE FURTURE love clare & dean xx
Thank you so very much for your well wishes and to all of you for your positivity has helped me lots. It's good to bounce about positivity and all your well wishes have really helped me. Thank you - everyone.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:39 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soapy
i love it when a new poster does a bit of searching before they ask a question

it makes it much easier to get the best answer.
just like you have done
you couldnt have asked a better person to answer your question

good luck
Soapy - your a cheeky bugger ! lol!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:40 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hey that's brilliant. Nice and close Yup we're good. I've finally started working and struggling slightly with 7:30am starts but then I finish at 10:30am so mustn't grumble
Pen, I'll PM ya!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:42 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Ok, had to put it up! I'm SOOOOO PROUD!
Attached Thumbnails POV of migration to Gold Coast for those with VERY little money! 2 years down-csc_0041.jpg  
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:43 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Aw, you've every right to be proud Lovely photo.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:44 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alexa7
wholeworldwindow,
Great post thanks.
I have a question. Are there jobs in broadcasting/media on GC or Brisbane area? I'm in broadcasting in UK and we are heading to GC next year but from what i've heard there are not many jobs in this industry unless you are in Sydney, is that true? how difficult was it to get that Kindy job? Did you do similar job in UK?
thanks
Will PM ya.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:46 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Clippy
Aw, you've every right to be proud Lovely photo.
Thanks! Now I've just found out the reason why they say women love a man in uniform!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:47 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Now I've just found out the reason why they say women love a man in uniform!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

He looks lovely - have followed this thread from the beginning I am so pleased for you OH and your family. A true pioneering story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.