Ponging back..countdown

Old Jul 12th 2012, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ponging back..countdown

We were in Melbourne for 10 years, company dragged me back to UK to give me the elbow, and we decided to make it a sort of gap 18 months....which became 2 years as my mother was ill.

We always planned to return to Melbourne but it is strange now that we are packing and sorting, that I am feeling a bit wobbly! I know it is the right thing, especially for our small daughter, and we had a lovely life out there, with some fab friends, but sometimes the comfort factor seems to be of utmost importance.

Family have not been around for us much (despite living reasonably close), so I guess my comfort factor is not madly wanting to pack up, find a school for daughter and find a new job again. My employer has been lovely and has let me work part time to be able to pack the house up etc and the thought of job hunting again is a pain.

It will all be OK once we are back I'm sure. It seems such bloody hard work right now!
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ponging back..countdown

Good luck with all the packing- at least you know what you are letting yourself in for! When do you fly?
Old Jul 13th 2012, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we are looking for flights (had to wait til the mangy puss was sorted before we could book ours...cats are more restricted on flight availability).

So end Sept/early Oct should be the date we arrive...in time for Spring I hope.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pomster
we are looking for flights (had to wait til the mangy puss was sorted before we could book ours...cats are more restricted on flight availability).

So end Sept/early Oct should be the date we arrive...in time for Spring I hope.
Good luck with it all, I am sure within a few days of landing you will feel much better.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

we had two years in oz, felt a urge to go back to blighty(family ilness ect, missing a good carvary" packed up went back, shipped the lot over, hated it back there, my son who was 4 when he moved to aus hated being back, didnt like the school, missed the outdoor lifestyle, didnt understand why you couldnt run around bare foot everywhere, anyway after 3 months we decided to head back, planned to stay for a year to try and recoup costs, i phoned my old boss up in brissy to ask about work and was told to start back in two weeks. decision made........ i flew back 5 days later and the wife and son followed 5 weeks after that, the day i left blighty the container turned up, never even unpacked it. shipped it straight back, YES it nearly ruined us financially and it has took us 7 months of hard graft to pay the debt off, but the look on my sons face is priceless, were all happy back in bbrissy and lifes good. hope it works out for you.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

we booked our flights today (for end September) as we have finally sorted out the damn cat.

I suddenly feel all nostalgic! I will miss some of my lovely lovely friends (as I do the lovely friends in Aus) and the beautiful places we have visited in UK, but need to look forwards not back.
Daughter finishes reception year this week and she is excited about the changes. Lovely friends have offered to collect us from the airport and to put us up for a couple of days..might give us a chance to get over jet lag!

And I will get away from this damn rain. I have developed webbed feet.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

we booked our flights today (for end September) as we have finally sorted out the damn cat.

I suddenly feel all nostalgic! I will miss some of my lovely lovely friends (as I do the lovely friends in Aus) and the beautiful places we have visited in UK, but need to look forwards not back.
Daughter finishes reception year this week and she is excited about the changes. Lovely friends have offered to collect us from the airport and to put us up for a couple of days..might give us a chance to get over jet lag!

And I will get away from this damn rain. I have developed webbed feet.
Pentridge hasn't moved forwards very much.... But Gaffney St is totally different. Sussex tmber burnt down.... Plus there is a home maker center .... Well Bunnings and Harvey Norman up there now.

You coming back to Paco ?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

We're ponging back to Perth with 3 kiddies in tow - nervous to say the least and feeling all the emotions you are Good luck with your move
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Betty Boot
We're ponging back to Perth with 3 kiddies in tow - nervous to say the least and feeling all the emotions you are Good luck with your move
even when you know it is right, it can be scary! Good luck
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Pentridge hasn't moved forwards very much.... But Gaffney St is totally different. Sussex tmber burnt down.... Plus there is a home maker center .... Well Bunnings and Harvey Norman up there now.

You coming back to Paco ?
they were knocking a few things down.

Paco house is rented out...staying with friends a while ...until our stuff is en route at least!
Old Jul 19th 2012, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all

Hi Pomster,

I know exactly how you feel. We moved back to the UK in March 2008, after five years in Oz. We definitely had no intention of returning to Oz, but could not settle back in the UK, the recession did not help things either. After almost four years back in the UK we have ping ponged back to Oz. Once I started packing in the UK, I felt so unhappy, I could not sleep or eat. We made the move back here over six months ago now and life is much brighter. Once you see the blue skies and sun, you will feel energised and settled.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Kathryn,

I think some of it is 'better the devil you know'..of course knowing both devils does not make it easier.

In some ways I think it is the whole rigmarole- packing, organising, advising of change of address, finding new jobs, accommodation etc seems just too hard.
Still we do have a house (of sorts) a car stored in our mate's garage, which will make life easier.
Daughter has now finished reception year at school and said goodbye which makes it feel so final.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of activity in Pascoe Vale that made the news this week.

Just keeping you updated

Almost Keystone Cops stuff, except for the serious nature of the offence.

http://media.smh.com.au/news/nationa...e-3477476.html
Old Aug 12th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

well the cat's flight is booked (priorities in the right order!), we have ours booked for end Sept, packers are booked, a mate is putting us up when we arrive in Aus and giving us some of their old furniture until ours arrives. They have been fab- and have stored our car for 2 years and are getting it serviced before we arrive. They have been amazing.

And the icing on the cake....an old colleague contacted me via linked in to say I should give him a shout when I am back to talk about 'opportunities' in his company. (we used to work for the same company- he moved, I took redundancy). So feeling far more positive than I had been.

And the sun is shining at last!
Old Aug 12th 2012, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

well the cat's flight is booked (priorities in the right order!), we have ours booked for end Sept, packers are booked, a mate is putting us up when we arrive in Aus and giving us some of their old furniture until ours arrives. They have been fab- and have stored our car for 2 years and are getting it serviced before we arrive. They have been amazing.

And the icing on the cake....an old colleague contacted me via linked in to say I should give him a shout when I am back to talk about 'opportunities' in his company. (we used to work for the same company- he moved, I took redundancy). So feeling far more positive than I had been.

And the sun is shining at last!
Sounds like it is all starting to drop into place, good luck.

Wish it was us leaving in September!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.