British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Ping pong....Ping Pong....Ping soon (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/ping-pong-ping-pong-ping-soon-531584/)

LIBBY Apr 23rd 2008 12:42 pm

Ping pong....Ping Pong....Ping soon

For anyone who is thinking of returning back to the UK for any reason other than their own, then dont. (imo)

We went to Adelaide....came back....went to the Gold Coast...came back.

Been back in the Uk now since 4th July 2007 because of guilt and emotional stuff off my Mum. Tried to make the best of it and be positive.

Although I hide it from her, I resent her for this. She promised the Earth and has delivered nothing, just the odd bit of her time every now and again when it suits her.

She has no idea how we feel or that we are heading back in June 08 (earlier if we can) Financially screwed, emotionally screwed up about it all.

So an update to stop other people coming back to the UK and making the same mistake.....take your time to settle......make friends.....live...and try to leave the guilt at the airport.

Sorry to rant, but if anyone has any advice on how to tell my Mum for a third time then all advice appreciated.

LibbyX

Cheetah7 Apr 23rd 2008 2:03 pm

Re: Ping pong....Ping Pong....Ping soon

What you do is quietly and secretly move to Australia and see how long it takes for your Mum to notice.

:lol:

Then try and convince her that it is all in her imagination and you never left Oz from the first time. She will be so confused as you have ping ponged, she might just believe you.:lol:

Issie Apr 23rd 2008 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by LIBBY (Post 6253534)
For anyone who is thinking of returning back to the UK for any reason other than their own, then dont. (imo)

We went to Adelaide....came back....went to the Gold Coast...came back.

Been back in the Uk now since 4th July 2007 because of guilt and emotional stuff off my Mum. Tried to make the best of it and be positive.

Although I hide it from her, I resent her for this. She promised the Earth and has delivered nothing, just the odd bit of her time every now and again when it suits her.

She has no idea how we feel or that we are heading back in June 08 (earlier if we can) Financially screwed, emotionally screwed up about it all.

So an update to stop other people coming back to the UK and making the same mistake.....take your time to settle......make friends.....live...and try to leave the guilt at the airport.

Sorry to rant, but if anyone has any advice on how to tell my Mum for a third time then all advice appreciated.

LibbyX

Libby .....you MUST tell her the truth. This is YOUR life and you must live it to the best of your ability. The ONLY person you have been hurting all these ping pong years is you. Third time lucky chick......if your mum loves you for who you are then like any Mum she will accept your decision.

Good luck Libby and stay strong to you and your family :)

THORPES Apr 23rd 2008 3:10 pm

I cant really offer any advise, I just wanted to wish you good luck.
Stay strong.

LIBBY Apr 23rd 2008 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 6253943)
What you do is quietly and secretly move to Australia and see how long it takes for your Mum to notice.

:lol:

Then try and convince her that it is all in her imagination and you never left Oz from the first time. She will be so confused as you have ping ponged, she might just believe you.:lol:

Love it:rofl:

LibbyX

LIBBY Apr 23rd 2008 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Issie (Post 6253976)
Libby .....you MUST tell her the truth. This is YOUR life and you must live it to the best of your ability. The ONLY person you have been hurting all these ping pong years is you. Third time lucky chick......if your mum loves you for who you are then like any Mum she will accept your decision.

Good luck Libby and stay strong to you and your family :)

Thankyou, I need a good kick up the arse...and some guts......does any one know where I can buy some from:o

LibbyX

LIBBY Apr 23rd 2008 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by THORPES (Post 6254287)
I cant really offer any advise, I just wanted to wish you good luck.
Stay strong.

:wub:Thankyou

LibbyX

Betty Boot Apr 23rd 2008 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by LIBBY (Post 6254475)
Thankyou, I need a good kick up the arse...and some guts......does any one know where I can buy some from:o

LibbyX

Believe me it takes more than guts and a kick up the arse:o i can totally sympathise with you, I would rather tell my mum i was leaving my husband and kids to run off with my 21 year old lover (i wish!!) than telling her we are going back to Oz. I am quite a straight talking, honest, forward person, but when it comes to this subject i crumble:o Have been dropping slight hints about missing oz, lifestyle, weather, friends, etc only to be met with a sharp change of subject:(

LIBBY Apr 23rd 2008 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Betty Boot (Post 6254516)
Believe me it takes more than guts and a kick up the arse:o i can totally sympathise with you, I would rather tell my mum i was leaving my husband and kids to run off with my 21 year old lover (i wish!!) than telling her we are going back to Oz. I am quite a straight talking, honest, forward person, but when it comes to this subject i crumble:o Have been dropping slight hints about missing oz, lifestyle, weather, friends, etc only to be met with a sharp change of subject:(

You poor thing.....I know what you mean... since we came back, its like it never happened to her.....she never talks about the place.

If I say for instance...oh they do it like that over in OZ the wall comes down and the subject gets firmly changed.

LibbyX

Betty Boot Apr 23rd 2008 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by LIBBY (Post 6254568)
You poor thing.....I know what you mean... since we came back, its like it never happened to her.....she never talks about the place.

If I say for instance...oh they do it like that over in OZ the wall comes down and the subject gets firmly changed.

LibbyX

:) We get that too or sometimes she will just point out the bad things - too hot, soul less, bad clothing, etc - can be anything!! If we stop to talk to someone we know and they ask me if we miss it and would we return i dont get a chance to answer mum just quickly says no:unsure:

LIBBY Apr 23rd 2008 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Betty Boot (Post 6254647)
:) We get that too or sometimes she will just point out the bad things - too hot, soul less, bad clothing, etc - can be anything!! If we stop to talk to someone we know and they ask me if we miss it and would we return i dont get a chance to answer mum just quickly says no:unsure:

When are you going back and how long before you tell her......we could do it together..so to speak and compare notes:rofl:

LibbyX

Babycatcher Apr 23rd 2008 4:36 pm

Thanks for the great advice to stop people making this mistake for the wrong reasons! You are very brave to do this again and I admire that. I like PPs idea of not telling her at all :rofl:
Seriously though we only have one life girl! My son gave me a fridge magnet that says, Lifes too short to drink bad wine' :p it's also too short to live someone elses life! Live yours Hun and enjoy :)
Where you heading to?

LIBBY Apr 23rd 2008 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Babycatcher (Post 6254679)
Thanks for the great advice to stop people making this mistake for the wrong reasons! You are very brave to do this again and I admire that. I like PPs idea of not telling her at all :rofl:
Seriously though we only have one life girl! My son gave me a fridge magnet that says, Lifes too short to drink bad wine' :p it's also too short to live someone elses life! Live yours Hun and enjoy :)
Where you heading to?

Thankyou....if only everyone though this way:)

We are heading back to the Gold Coast.

We have good friends there who have already said we can stay with them till we find our own place, bless them.

LibbyX

Betty Boot Apr 23rd 2008 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by LIBBY (Post 6254667)
When are you going back and how long before you tell her......we could do it together..so to speak and compare notes:rofl:

LibbyX

If we didnt have to tell anyone then it would be in 6 months when my husband finishes his contract at work but i just dont think i have the nerve to go back so soon - we've been back in uk 2 years in July. i am so worried it will make mum ill (it did last time) so we havent put a time scale on it yet unfortunately. I keep waiting for some miracle to happen - such as mum saying "look i can see you are all not settled here - why dont you go back to oz, i can totally understand" :rofl: like thats ever gonna happen!

We were in perth for 6 years, thinking of trying east coast next time (if i ever get the courage!!)

LIBBY Apr 23rd 2008 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Betty Boot (Post 6254958)
If we didnt have to tell anyone then it would be in 6 months when my husband finishes his contract at work but i just dont think i have the nerve to go back so soon - we've been back in uk 2 years in July. i am so worried it will make mum ill (it did last time) so we havent put a time scale on it yet unfortunately. I keep waiting for some miracle to happen - such as mum saying "look i can see you are all not settled here - why dont you go back to oz, i can totally understand" :rofl: like thats ever gonna happen!

We were in perth for 6 years, thinking of trying east coast next time (if i ever get the courage!!)

We will make the 2 years mark by the time we go back, but it would be earlier if the money was there......but as you probably know....its expensive ping ponging.

My Mum and yours could get on really well I think slagging off OZ and trying to turn us off the idea......if only they new:(;)

The East Coast is a good move, try something new.

My hubbys says the way he is going to tell his lot is that he has been offered a job he can not refuse and they are helping us relocate.....slight white lie or cowards way out!!

He says he is quite happy to take the blame for it all, he has no heart:rofl: no really he doesnt care if everyone falls out with him at all. Wish I was like that!!

LibbyX