Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Ping pong....Ping Pong....Ping soon

Ping pong....Ping Pong....Ping soon

Old Apr 26th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ping pong....Ping Pong....Ping soon

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Hey Libby sorry havent read all replies. Just want to wish you all the best. At the end of the day you have to do whats best for you and your family. Ive read a few posts about why you came back and its not working out for you. Tell your mum how you feel, hopefully she will understand if not do whats best for you and yours

Good luck chick
Joex

Thanks Joe and everyone else for there support on here.

Because no one else knows I cannot talk to anyone and bottling stuff up is killing me so to come on here at talk it out with like minded people is such a help.

You lot are great

LibbyX
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:38 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Thanks Joe and everyone else for there support on here.

Because no one else knows I cannot talk to anyone and bottling stuff up is killing me so to come on here at talk it out with like minded people is such a help.

You lot are great

LibbyX
Do you reckon you will be able to hold it together Libby? You have so long to wait, I bet that will be the hardest part and the time will seem to take ages.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Do you reckon you will be able to hold it together Libby? You have so long to wait, I bet that will be the hardest part and the time will seem to take ages.

I think PP that the waiting is really hard but the thing that is really praying on my mind and making me depressed is telling my Mum.... so I reckon after I tell her I can start looking forward and allow myself to get a little excited too as the months go on.

Thats the theory anyway

Oh and to makes things slightly more stressful....hubby came home last night to say they have made 3 peope redundant from his work due to the credit crunch

He seems to think he is safe as he is 100% efficient and they are outing the less efficient ones first.

He is a senior diagnostic technician (mechanic) for Stratstone Jaguar in Derby and its the first time in 20 years the have had to make people redundant!!

LibbyX
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:11 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I think PP that the waiting is really hard but the thing that is really praying on my mind and making me depressed is telling my Mum.... so I reckon after I tell her I can start looking forward and allow myself to get a little excited too as the months go on.

Thats the theory anyway

Oh and to makes things slightly more stressful....hubby came home last night to say they have made 3 peope redundant from his work due to the credit crunch

He seems to think he is safe as he is 100% efficient and they are outing the less efficient ones first.

He is a senior diagnostic technician (mechanic) for Stratstone Jaguar in Derby and its the first time in 20 years the have had to make people redundant!!

LibbyX

I suppose there is nothing you can do except hope and IF the worst happened then it might force your hand into moving sooner.

Might be worth telling your Mum now to give her more time so that you can at least get that worry off your chest and start plannin.g
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

I suppose there is nothing you can do except hope and IF the worst happened then it might force your hand into moving sooner.

Might be worth telling your Mum now to give her more time so that you can at least get that worry off your chest and start plannin.g

I am PP tomorrow

About time I grew some balls

Wish me luck...I am shaking already and ts not till 3pm sunday

LibbyX
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:27 am

I am PP tomorrow

About time I grew some balls

Wish me luck...I am shaking already and ts not till 3pm sunday

LibbyX
I think I need to grow some balls myself.

Lets grow our balls together.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

I think I need to grow some balls myself.

Lets grow our balls together.

LibbyX
Old Apr 27th 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Libby, thought of you at 3pm today. How did it go?
Hope you're ok.
How did your mum take it?

I completely empathise with you - I'm moving to Oz in November with my hubbie and sometimes I feel that I won't actually go through with it cos of my mum. I feel so guilty - my brother emigrated to Oz and now I'm doing it! Leaving her with neither of her children in the UK!

The only thing that has helped me is that I have promised to come back to the Uk in June 09 for a holiday for her 60th birthday. And although we seriously need every penny we can get for moving to Oz I think treating her to a flight to Oz will be the best £900 I've ever spent for my piece of mind.

Advice to anyone feeling guilty about leaving their parents - if there is any way you can treat them to a flight to see you in Oz, do it, as it does ease the guilt a bit and is therefore priceless.

Anyway, over to you, Libby, how did it go..............
Old Apr 27th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi
Libby, thought of you at 3pm today. How did it go?
Hope you're ok.
How did your mum take it?

I completely empathise with you - I'm moving to Oz in November with my hubbie and sometimes I feel that I won't actually go through with it cos of my mum. I feel so guilty - my brother emigrated to Oz and now I'm doing it! Leaving her with neither of her children in the UK!

The only thing that has helped me is that I have promised to come back to the Uk in June 09 for a holiday for her 60th birthday. And although we seriously need every penny we can get for moving to Oz I think treating her to a flight to Oz will be the best £900 I've ever spent for my piece of mind.

Advice to anyone feeling guilty about leaving their parents - if there is any way you can treat them to a flight to see you in Oz, do it, as it does ease the guilt a bit and is therefore priceless.

Anyway, over to you, Libby, how did it go..............

I have posted it on the Barbie Mrs Kiwi

LibbyX
Old May 8th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Believe me.I know exactly how you feel this has happened to me but my story is very complicated.I am at present back in Australia doing the best I can for now.I really do know how you feel.Its very very difficult with all the emotional stuff from Mothers.
Old May 8th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Hope it went alright. we told both sets at the weekend that we are going back - 1 set very disappointed said they won't come out (bovvered?) - my mum cried for 5 mins and said it was the best news she'd ever had and thought we were mad ever coming back - feel relieved now.
Old May 8th 2008, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reading fan
Hope it went alright. we told both sets at the weekend that we are going back - 1 set very disappointed said they won't come out (bovvered?) - my mum cried for 5 mins and said it was the best news she'd ever had and thought we were mad ever coming back - feel relieved now.

Wow, your Mum cried because she was happy for you......you must be so happy she reacted that way. So pleased for you

LibbyX
Old May 8th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Believe me.I know exactly how you feel this has happened to me but my story is very complicated.I am at present back in Australia doing the best I can for now.I really do know how you feel.Its very very difficult with all the emotional stuff from Mothers.
Dont know your story, but I hope you are happy where you are....you dont come across as happy to be honest.

If you are thinking of coming back because of your Mum or anyone else, other than yourself.....take it from me, you will be back in Oz within months.

If I am talking rubbish and barking up the wrong tree then sorry

LibbyX
Old May 11th 2008, 11:05 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

For anyone who is thinking of returning back to the UK for any reason other than their own, then dont. (imo)

We went to Adelaide....came back....went to the Gold Coast...came back.

Been back in the Uk now since 4th July 2007 because of guilt and emotional stuff off my Mum. Tried to make the best of it and be positive.

Although I hide it from her, I resent her for this. She promised the Earth and has delivered nothing, just the odd bit of her time every now and again when it suits her.

She has no idea how we feel or that we are heading back in June 08 (earlier if we can) Financially screwed, emotionally screwed up about it all.

So an update to stop other people coming back to the UK and making the same mistake.....take your time to settle......make friends.....live...and try to leave the guilt at the airport.

Sorry to rant, but if anyone has any advice on how to tell my Mum for a third time then all advice appreciated.

LibbyX
Easly........just say, i'm going back to Aus because I believe it's a better life.
They have had there life, now it's time to live YOURS
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:15 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Wow this must be costing the earth, maybe you should bump your mum off before you go this time

Good luck !

Dont know your story, but I hope you are happy where you are....you dont come across as happy to be honest.

If you are thinking of coming back because of your Mum or anyone else, other than yourself.....take it from me, you will be back in Oz within months.

If I am talking rubbish and barking up the wrong tree then sorry

LibbyX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.