British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   Perth…Our 1st Yr Anniversary …The trials and tribulations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/perth%E2%80%A6our-1st-yr-anniversary-%E2%80%A6-trials-tribulations-433100/)

lyndakitt Mar 12th 2007 10:49 am

Re: Perth…Our 1st Yr Anniversary …The trials and tribulations

Hi ya thanks for the tip but computer did that automatically honestly im not that stupid

olauf Mar 12th 2007 4:41 pm

Wooooow
I loved your post - I read it three times.
Your patience paid..

the4ofus Mar 12th 2007 4:42 pm

Great post, I hope your daughter continues with her schooling and the coming yesr wont bring you as much messing about. All in all you seem to have settled well. Keep posting 'cos we love to read these. :thumbup:

Lynn xx

sj oldfield Mar 14th 2007 8:48 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 4509202)
The only tip I have is to not put initial capitals on every word. It makes it quite hard to read and must be harder to type:D - Please:lol:

Wow......................what a bloody hectic year you have had!!!!!!!!!!!!

jad n rich Mar 14th 2007 9:21 pm

LOL heather sounds fun:rofl::eek:

Great post, it makes a much more real read when people do downs as well as the ups.

TeresaG Mar 15th 2007 12:51 pm

Wow what a year. i hope the next one is a little calmer.

tracey.d Mar 16th 2007 5:01 pm

What a time you've had, but good on you for sticking it out!!

Kids eh! Glad that she's going to school now though. It must make your life a thousand times easier without th emorning battles.

I hope things continue to improve for you

Tracey :)

redlion Mar 20th 2007 1:00 pm

That is actualy one of the best updates i have read on here, quite simply because it is an actaul slice of life, warts an all. You seem to have coped incredibly well where some may have just collapsed completely. I hope that if our experiences are anywhere near the same as yours then we cope as well as you appeared to have done. Lots and lots of luck to you all for the future.

Nev:D

egghead4 Mar 20th 2007 8:03 pm

what a wicked wicked post:thumbsup:
I love your honesty and your humour. I'm glad your daughter is more settled; as that must have been bloody stressful on top of the other things you had to get through.
cant wait for the second installment, lots of action and adventure in your household.
good luck:thumbsup:
bec

Xgeminix Mar 21st 2007 1:47 am

Hi everyone, thanks for all your comments. Found out on Monday night the house sale had fallen through for the third time, I missed lunch with the BE girls at the Boat yesterday because Heather had got it into her head that she would skip school so she could come with me....she's gone to school today though.

We've got another real estate agent coming to do an appraisal tonight but I'm at the point where I think we may just take it off the market, at least then we could put air con in, I've had so many melting moments recently I'm truly thankful I wasn't made from wax!!

We've started doing the odd bit of fishing at the weekends, (caught my 1st fish on Saturday) which is a great stress reliever, some dozy cow walked straight into my line and it got caught in her pony tail...lol.

We've been and still are going through a rocky patch but I'm laughing and smiling more than ever. We are all in good health and that is all that matters!!!

northernbird Mar 21st 2007 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Xgeminix (Post 4540666)
Hi everyone, thanks for all your comments. Found out on Monday night the house sale had fallen through for the third time, I missed lunch with the BE girls at the Boat yesterday because Heather had got it into her head that she would skip school so she could come with me....she's gone to school today though.

We've got another real estate agent coming to do an appraisal tonight but I'm at the point where I think we may just take it off the market, at least then we could put air con in, I've had so many melting moments recently I'm truly thankful I wasn't made from wax!!

We've started doing the odd bit of fishing at the weekends, (caught my 1st fish on Saturday) which is a great stress reliever, some dozy cow walked straight into my line and it got caught in her pony tail...lol.

We've been and still are going through a rocky patch but I'm laughing and smiling more than ever. We are all in good health and that is all that matters!!!

We did wonder where you were Jude, hopefully you can make it next week.

Xgeminix Mar 21st 2007 1:53 am

I was really looking forward to going ...will make sure I'm there next week. If she tries that stunt again I'll bring her so you can pull her to bits..lol.

northernbird Mar 21st 2007 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Xgeminix (Post 4540672)
I was really looking forward to going ...will make sure I'm there next week. If she tries that stunt again I'll bring her so you can pull her to bits..lol.

Good, we will sort her out lol

sme Mar 21st 2007 2:54 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 4540677)
Good, we will sort her out lol

I'll bring my 14 year old that I'm having teenage woes with as well then for group therapy.

cranni Mar 21st 2007 7:47 am

omg, kids dont you love them.
Sounds a bit like my family, it was tough, still 2 years on things do get better,
glad you stuck it out, its hard when they go back and they dont settle.
Sending you Karma and all the very best.
Denise