Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

PART 3. YOU IMPATIENT LOVE CHILDREN

PART 3. YOU IMPATIENT LOVE CHILDREN

Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PART 3. YOU IMPATIENT LOVE CHILDREN

Thought the first title was a wee bit strong so here goes. The neural psychologist gave me the ok to return to Mackay and continue my rehab but the problem being, they dont have any physios so one is despatched from Brissy just for little old me. They arrange to fly me and Angie to Mackay but not the kids because of costs. My sister who is driving my gold wagon (for those who are paying attention, NOT the black 4 x 4) loads up the kids and drives them on in front with my 10 year old son acting as chief navigator. We arrive at Mackay airport and Anj notices my lace is loose. I bend down to tie it and cannot get back up My legs are not strong enough to push my body back up from a kneeling position. Oh shit. But we're getting used to this.
My rehab for the first two weeks is spent lying on the couch watching dvd's, with Anj and sister running after me and constantly feeding me. Anj has decided that we will return home when I'm fit to fly and the house goes on the market along with the car. People start visiting to view the house and I'm secretly praying that nobody wants it. After all Anj has been through, I dont think I have any right to ask her to stay. The main problem with being here was not having friends and family within touching distance. People come and go but there isnt a firm offer on the house when Anj asks me what I want to do. After initially saying whatever you want, I then tell her I dont want to go home. The next problem if we're staying, is cash. The cost of living in Townsville has decimated our savings.
I'm not allowed to drive, go shopping or anything as I cannot have the seat belt over my chest in case of sudden jerks and my stitches bursting. After eating everything in the house, watching every dvd sent over from Scotland and basically getting progressively more bored the stronger I got, a bus is arranged to take me to the hospital to start my rehab. We discuss our options and timescales. I shout in a few financial favours and coupled with stuffing my fat face and the rehab, I'm physically getting stronger. I'm putting on so much weight, I'm nearly skinny The concentration camp victim is no longer here. Ive moved on to getting sand kicked in my face.
The docs told me I couldn't drive for 6 mths and wouldn't give me the ok, so I defied them and drove anyway. This was dodgy as I would have been snookered in a crash, coz insurance wouldn't have covered me. I was driving after about 3 and on one occassion, the physio asked me how I got to the hospital as the bus never turned up. I told her my chauffeur and she said "oh thats ok then".After 4 months, I tell the doc I want to go back to work. Initially he laughs but as they place great emphasis on depression, I decide to play them at their own game. "I'm going to get depressed sitting at home doctor" says I with sad eyes, trying to look like a nearly depressed person. Pass these tests then I think you'll be physically ok.
I sit a stress test and let me tell you, these aint easy. I step on a treadmill and have all these suckers attached to me and get told to start running. As I get better, they speed up and when I get even better they speed up again They must think I'm Linford Christie. They even raise it so your running uphill. JESUS HELP ME but he's not listening and after what seems like a lifetime he slows the machine and tells me I pass. Round 1 to me. Bring it on.
They do an angiogram or maybe I'm totally wrong but it basically is the same as a scan a pregrant woman gets where they smother you in the intended region with gel and look at your heart on the monitor. After about twenty minutes, he tells me I'm fine and return to my doc. Go back to work but dont overdo it and if anything goes wrong, get your arse back in here. Round 2 n 3 to me. I must be fine if he's alowing me back to work thinks I but Anj thinks its too soon. I still look like skeletor but I'm getting there and anyway, I'm fed up being a sick person and return to work I go.
After a few minor mishaps and a few months down the line, I'm beginning to get into the swing of things when on 15th Feb 2008(etched on my brain forever) Mackay got hit with the tail end of a monsoon, much of the town got flooded and four feet of water came running into my house. To be continued
Old Sep 20th 2008, 2:27 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PART 3. YOU IMPATIENT LOVE CHILDREN

Originally Posted by framac67
Thought the first title was a wee bit strong so here goes. The neural psychologist gave me the ok to return to Mackay and continue my rehab but the problem being, they dont have any physios so one is despatched from Brissy just for little old me. They arrange to fly me and Angie to Mackay but not the kids because of costs. My sister who is driving my gold wagon (for those who are paying attention, NOT the black 4 x 4) loads up the kids and drives them on in front with my 10 year old son acting as chief navigator. We arrive at Mackay airport and Anj notices my lace is loose. I bend down to tie it and cannot get back up My legs are not strong enough to push my body back up from a kneeling position. Oh shit. But we're getting used to this.
My rehab for the first two weeks is spent lying on the couch watching dvd's, with Anj and sister running after me and constantly feeding me. Anj has decided that we will return home when I'm fit to fly and the house goes on the market along with the car. People start visiting to view the house and I'm secretly praying that nobody wants it. After all Anj has been through, I dont think I have any right to ask her to stay. The main problem with being here was not having friends and family within touching distance. People come and go but there isnt a firm offer on the house when Anj asks me what I want to do. After initially saying whatever you want, I then tell her I dont want to go home. The next problem if we're staying, is cash. The cost of living in Townsville has decimated our savings.
I'm not allowed to drive, go shopping or anything as I cannot have the seat belt over my chest in case of sudden jerks and my stitches bursting. After eating everything in the house, watching every dvd sent over from Scotland and basically getting progressively more bored the stronger I got, a bus is arranged to take me to the hospital to start my rehab. We discuss our options and timescales. I shout in a few financial favours and coupled with stuffing my fat face and the rehab, I'm physically getting stronger. I'm putting on so much weight, I'm nearly skinny The concentration camp victim is no longer here. Ive moved on to getting sand kicked in my face.
The docs told me I couldn't drive for 6 mths and wouldn't give me the ok, so I defied them and drove anyway. This was dodgy as I would have been snookered in a crash, coz insurance wouldn't have covered me. I was driving after about 3 and on one occassion, the physio asked me how I got to the hospital as the bus never turned up. I told her my chauffeur and she said "oh thats ok then".After 4 months, I tell the doc I want to go back to work. Initially he laughs but as they place great emphasis on depression, I decide to play them at their own game. "I'm going to get depressed sitting at home doctor" says I with sad eyes, trying to look like a nearly depressed person. Pass these tests then I think you'll be physically ok.
I sit a stress test and let me tell you, these aint easy. I step on a treadmill and have all these suckers attached to me and get told to start running. As I get better, they speed up and when I get even better they speed up again They must think I'm Linford Christie. They even raise it so your running uphill. JESUS HELP ME but he's not listening and after what seems like a lifetime he slows the machine and tells me I pass. Round 1 to me. Bring it on.
They do an angiogram or maybe I'm totally wrong but it basically is the same as a scan a pregrant woman gets where they smother you in the intended region with gel and look at your heart on the monitor. After about twenty minutes, he tells me I'm fine and return to my doc. Go back to work but dont overdo it and if anything goes wrong, get your arse back in here. Round 2 n 3 to me. I must be fine if he's alowing me back to work thinks I but Anj thinks its too soon. I still look like skeletor but I'm getting there and anyway, I'm fed up being a sick person and return to work I go.
After a few minor mishaps and a few months down the line, I'm beginning to get into the swing of things when on 15th Feb 2008(etched on my brain forever) Mackay got hit with the tail end of a monsoon, much of the town got flooded and four feet of water came running into my house. To be continued
Good for you.

Love reading this, bring on part 4.

Marie
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

This is great but do you have to keep starting a new thread each time? Not very good if someone picks it up half way!
Oh & could you please not keep us waiting quite so long between instalments?

I know. I know, your public are too demanding!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:11 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I just cannot handle the wait!
You always leave it on a cliffhanger and I am sooo impatient.
Bring on part 4 (soon!)
J x
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:36 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

It amazes me every time. Your family is bloody amazing. Now part four. Waiting on the edge of my seat

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:00 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
It amazes me every time. Your family is bloody amazing. Now part four. Waiting on the edge of my seat

Cheers

Ginny
.........................nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo ooooo, you cant leave it there

(ps. i know you are fine and dandy, but i like the suspense )

xx
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Great, I thought a happy ending....

but no... more trauma....

Bring on part 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Loved reading these 3 parts, looking forward to part 4!!!! Well done you stubborn bugger defying the odds!!! So pleased things are on the up!!

Keep us posted REALLY soon!!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:11 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for taking the time to write Part 3.

I've been here long enough to have read the previous "parts" when Anj wrote them and have always wondered "what happened next".

Really glad to read you're better.

Looking forward to Part 4

Gina
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 3:52 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

oh no cant wait to read the next part
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Baby75
oh no cant wait to read the next part
Thanks for that ... really a good read... also pleased things seem to be returning to normal for you and your family ... you lucky to have Anj .. sounds like she looks after you well and spoils you rotten (ol bugger!!).. hope you repay her well !! hehe....

look forward to part 4 in due course as we understand you're a busy man !! lol
Old Sep 24th 2008, 10:57 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey...talk about bad luck

Don't tell me..you now live on a boat

Get a bloody move on with the next installment.

Slack arse

[fantastic news you're OK]
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Have I missed part 4????
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:08 am
Banned

GerryGiraffe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Have I missed part 4????
Was just wondering the same thing myself, lol.

GG
Old Oct 11th 2008, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566300

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.