Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:48 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Sounds like he's an MP! Worth the watchin I'd say!
Old Jun 20th 2009, 2:01 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

I wish I was an MP...sadly I am just an uneducated immigrant who married well
Old Jun 20th 2009, 2:07 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

PS I'm a laydee you know
Old Jun 24th 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Got a letter from our lawyers today confirming that they have received instructions from our buyers lawyer that the buyers have now received their mortgage papers / offer etc and to expect the missives to be completed within the next few days!

Green light for go now! Farewell party is already booked and we should be in Brisbane 22nd / 23rd July! Let the carnival begin!

Lone Ranger
Old Jun 25th 2009, 3:03 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Got a letter from our lawyers today confirming that they have received instructions from our buyers lawyer that the buyers have now received their mortgage papers / offer etc and to expect the missives to be completed within the next few days!

Green light for go now! Farewell party is already booked and we should be in Brisbane 22nd / 23rd July! Let the carnival begin!

Lone Ranger
Yippee LR - that's excellent

Good luck
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to see a happy ending! Although I am a tinsy bit jealous of course!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Lone Ranger
Old Jun 26th 2009, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Lone Ranger
Jesus.!!!!!! Are you no here yet.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by framac67
Jesus.!!!!!! Are you no here yet.
Got 'The Walk' on the 12th and trying hard to dodge the Celtic game! Think I've succeeded with both, no seriously we were waiting what seemed like ages on missives getting done (nearly 3 weeks with no news) that we couldn't do anything ie. dates for shippers, flights, selling tools / equipment, farewell party etc, you know the score!

Anyway here's the itineray, shippers 13 / 14th July, homeless 17th July, farewell party 17th July, curer's 18th / 19th July, fly out to Brisbane 20th July!

Under pressure a wee bit for the next 3 weeks but we sem to operate better when backed into corners if you know what I mean, working to tight deadlines! The emotional thing is starting to creep up on me and I was a bit gutted the other week as I coach a boy's football team Under 9s and they made a presentation to my son (who plays) and I. Some of the kids had tears in their eyes and my own boy was distraught because it was his last game for the club and as a gesture they have given him his strip (No.10) as a keepsake which we are getting all the team to sign and we will get it framed for him, so god knows what it will be like at the farewell party?

So that's the story at the moment.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 5:34 am

Got 'The Walk' on the 12th and trying hard to dodge the Celtic game! Think I've succeeded with both, no seriously we were waiting what seemed like ages on missives getting done (nearly 3 weeks with no news) that we couldn't do anything ie. dates for shippers, flights, selling tools / equipment, farewell party etc, you know the score!

Anyway here's the itineray, shippers 13 / 14th July, homeless 17th July, farewell party 17th July, curer's 18th / 19th July, fly out to Brisbane 20th July!

Under pressure a wee bit for the next 3 weeks but we sem to operate better when backed into corners if you know what I mean, working to tight deadlines! The emotional thing is starting to creep up on me and I was a bit gutted the other week as I coach a boy's football team Under 9s and they made a presentation to my son (who plays) and I. Some of the kids had tears in their eyes and my own boy was distraught because it was his last game for the club and as a gesture they have given him his strip (No.10) as a keepsake which we are getting all the team to sign and we will get it framed for him, so god knows what it will be like at the farewell party?

Aw shame, poor wee thing. It's not easy LR - the first few weeks on arrival are hectic, stressful and emotional. Don't know your kids ages but keep money aside to treat them to new toys or gadgets once you arrive, it helps take the heat off what is happening.

Good luck to you all
Old Jun 26th 2009, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody awful John but for the best.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Good news for you at last. Hope it all works out well
Old Jun 27th 2009, 2:21 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the emotional rollercoaster that comes with the teritory. It's hard all the farewells but you can and do get through it. Take time to look around you. Lots of last minute pictures and info that you want the kids to know. Any books re Scotland you want them to have etc is well worth getting.

Take it easy

Ginny
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stitch
Welcome to the emotional rollercoaster that comes with the teritory. It's hard all the farewells but you can and do get through it. Take time to look around you. Lots of last minute pictures and info that you want the kids to know. Any books re Scotland you want them to have etc is well worth getting.

Take it easy

Ginny
Thanks Ginny, Stella says 'Hello', we are sitting writing out the invites for the farewell party, the hall holds 150 and we have sent out about 300 invites assuming everyone turns up! Its the 'Glesga Fair' and the schools have stopped so we don't expect everyone to turn up although the Club will have a problem if they all do!

Got our flights booked, shippers and party booked, suppose thats just about everything, still hundreds to clear out / clear up in the house and at work. Stella finished her last flight last night and the boys finished up at school on Friday! Now its for real!

John & Stella
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:17 pm

Thanks Ginny, Stella says 'Hello', we are sitting writing out the invites for the farewell party, the hall holds 150 and we have sent out about 300 invites assuming everyone turns up! Its the 'Glesga Fair' and the schools have stopped so we don't expect everyone to turn up although the Club will have a problem if they all do!

Got our flights booked, shippers and party booked, suppose thats just about everything, still hundreds to clear out / clear up in the house and at work. Stella finished her last flight last night and the boys finished up at school on Friday! Now its for real!

John & Stella
Woo hoo

Nae goin back noo is thur

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.