Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Likewise for us and we thought we'd take it on the chin and just get on with it. Our buyers mortgage is going to be with the Abbey National and they are taking ages for anyone dealing with them.

Positive attitude

Good luck,
Cooler
Good luck to you 'Cooler' hope the Abbey get their fingers out their ass and get your deal done pronto!

Lone Ranger
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 8:09 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
We feel as if we've been stitched up a bit / done over by buyer's mortgage advisor and surveyor in what looks like a deal been done to under value our property to save the buyer's who have lost money on their own! In fact we know we have been shafted and we are raging!

On the plus side we now know where we are headed and when. We have concluded that we were meant to have hurdles to clear, things made hard etc in a sort of perverse way to see how determined we were to get to Australia and never at any point have we thought of throwing in the towel and at the end of the day we are merely arriving with a little less $ than we had budgeted for but the main thing is we will be arriving! I have tugged in a few jobs in the last couple of days and will work my ass off in the next 7 weeks to claw back the £ we are down which in effect would've been our flights, container, couple of weeks in a furnished rental on arrival and 2 weeks car hire until we get sorted out!

In the main and deep down we are happy and we will soon forget the 'skullduggery' involved in our house sale!

Lone Ranger

Bummer on the house but congrats on your decision.. Not always an easy one and the emotional roller coaster can get to you now and then but just roll with the punches.

Here's to a busy 7 weeks!!!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey you! Stand up for the CHAMPIONS!
Obviously used in the loosest sense of the word possible because the two of them are pish but at least we got rid of wan wee hun.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Received all the legals, chopped a few items out of the deal so its green light for go! Strange feeling now that this house ain't my home anymore even though we are still living in it!

The 'Under Offer' sign has been attached to the board and all the nosey neighbours are itching to know what's happening and when we are leaving! Our next door neighbour one day whilst having a chat with him gave me his list of ideal people whom we should sell to! Funny that these people honestly think that we give a toss as to who buys our house and that we would take our neighbours into consideration regardless of someone making us the offer that we will accept! And you should've seen the types he was referring to! His list would've got him into trouble with the law had he voiced these opinions in public and was actually quite funny and would've made 'Alf Garnett' a proud man! We've done well for him and got him someone his own age!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

pommy will become famous soon enoughpommy will become famous soon enough

Well done ranger man bout time you got your arse over here
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:46 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Received all the legals, chopped a few items out of the deal so its green light for go! Strange feeling now that this house ain't my home anymore even though we are still living in it!

The 'Under Offer' sign has been attached to the board and all the nosey neighbours are itching to know what's happening and when we are leaving! Our next door neighbour one day whilst having a chat with him gave me his list of ideal people whom we should sell to! Funny that these people honestly think that we give a toss as to who buys our house and that we would take our neighbours into consideration regardless of someone making us the offer that we will accept! And you should've seen the types he was referring to! His list would've got him into trouble with the law had he voiced these opinions in public and was actually quite funny and would've made 'Alf Garnett' a proud man! We've done well for him and got him someone his own age!
Well done mate, the only way is up!

Carol
Old Jun 10th 2009, 11:37 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommy
Well done ranger man bout time you got your arse over here
Aye hurry up, sod the neighbours, sod the house, just up and go!
Old Jun 20th 2009, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Ye'll need tae start a new thread so keep us informed John and best of luck mate. Gie Stella n wean sa big cuddle fae the Framac clan. Scary but worth it mate.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by framac67
Ye'll need tae start a new thread so keep us informed John and best of luck mate. Gie Stella n wean sa big cuddle fae the Framac clan. Scary but worth it mate.
Its all gone quiet as we have not heard back from the offeror's yet to get the missives concluded! We should hear something in the coming week

Keep Believing! *****
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:40 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck to you

Fingers crossed we will be next
Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mika24me
Good luck to you

Fingers crossed we will be next
You dont count. Ur a ping-ponger ur ye no.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:30 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

You dont count. Ur a ping-ponger ur ye no.
Yes I am a ping ponger but still dependant on our UK house selling so we can move back to our Geelong home
Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mika24me
Yes I am a ping ponger but still dependant on our UK house selling so we can move back to our Geelong home
Two bloody hooses. Yer too well aff.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:43 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Wish a hid two bloody hooses - ach well, roll on that big lotto win i dream of
Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sounds like he's an MP! Worth the watchin I'd say!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.