Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Old Apr 24th 2009, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

Originally Posted by Possums
Hoped you were posting to say you'd sold, good luck has got to be on its way to you mate
Not quite but first viewers called estate agent today to arrange a second viewing on Sunday and they seem keen! Had another couple up tonight who also liked the house and with the market moving again we may hear something good

We've had more viewers in the past fortnight than we've had in the previous 10 months so as I've said before 'que sera sera what will be will be'.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Not quite but first viewers called estate agent today to arrange a second viewing on Sunday and they seem keen! Had another couple up tonight who also liked the house and with the market moving again we may hear something good

We've had more viewers in the past fortnight than we've had in the previous 10 months so as I've said before 'que sera sera what will be will be'.
Johnny bhoy. Ah wiz right. You'll sell before we win the 4 in a row. We look as if we are going to sell as well but we're not coming home after all so we'll mibby meet up wan day mate. Good luck n al say a wee prayer fur ye.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you that something good comes from these viewings.

You'll need to keep us informed though, there's only so long I can keep my legs crossed for!!!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by framac67
Johnny bhoy. Ah wiz right. You'll sell before we win the 4 in a row. We look as if we are going to sell as well but we're not coming home after all so we'll mibby meet up wan day mate. Good luck n al say a wee prayer fur ye.
Thanks Fran glad to hear you're staying put, definitely sounds like a plan for a meet up Dunno bout yer 4 in a row though? Wans as bad as the other and the Ibrox game will be a big decider I think, so I'll sell before 1 in a row!

Tell aw the gang we said 'Hello'
Old Apr 26th 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Over 3 Years and still in Scotland

:
Originally Posted by sunbather
I'll be keeping everything crossed for you that something good comes from these viewings.

You'll need to keep us informed though, there's only so long I can keep my legs crossed for!!!
Well then, the 1st viewers have just left our house today in what was their 2nd viewing and have indicated verbally that they want to buy our house (no official / legal offer yet as it is Sunday) but they need to sell their own which went on the market this week and a similar one in their area sold in 2 weeks! They are happy with our house and happy with the price (fixed price) so without counting our chickens it looks promising.

The 2nd viewers came out on friday night and were similarly impressed with both house and price so tomorrow (Monday) could be a significant day if only to get the feedback from our estate agent.

If anything the last few days have touched on how much of a wrench it will be to leave our house in which we have spent a very happy 14 years, however, a house is only a house if its a home and our home has always been a happy home. It does seem strange to think that someone else will eventually move into 'our home' although we will have the memories forever!

Hopefully we will be posting 'SOLD' soon!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

:

Well then, the 1st viewers have just left our house today in what was their 2nd viewing and have indicated verbally that they want to buy our house (no official / legal offer yet as it is Sunday) but they need to sell their own which went on the market this week and a similar one in their area sold in 2 weeks! They are happy with our house and happy with the price (fixed price) so without counting our chickens it looks promising.

The 2nd viewers came out on friday night and were similarly impressed with both house and price so tomorrow (Monday) could be a significant day if only to get the feedback from our estate agent.

If anything the last few days have touched on how much of a wrench it will be to leave our house in which we have spent a very happy 14 years, however, a house is only a house if its a home and our home has always been a happy home. It does seem strange to think that someone else will eventually move into 'our home' although we will have the memories forever!

Ooooo I am so keeping my fingers crossed for you Both viewers sound great and if they each think they've got competition then all the better.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:15 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

:

wow just noticed this new smilie reckon its a sign
Old May 13th 2009, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

So. Any news?
Old May 13th 2009, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sunbather
So. Any news?
All quiet on the western front as they say! One of the viewers has told us they need to sell their's first but would like our's? Their house only went on the market a little more than a week ago and a similar one in that area sold within 2 weeks so we sit and wait, nothing else for it!

As soon as there's anything worth reporting I'll let you know. Thanks for all the good wishes and positive support.

John & Stella
Old May 14th 2009, 12:11 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck selling your house. Our officially went on the market yesterday and we have one viewer scheduled for the weekend. I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed as I really want to get back to Australia before the start of the new school year.
Old May 15th 2009, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

All quiet on the western front as they say! One of the viewers has told us they need to sell their's first but would like our's? Their house only went on the market a little more than a week ago and a similar one in that area sold within 2 weeks so we sit and wait, nothing else for it!

As soon as there's anything worth reporting I'll let you know. Thanks for all the good wishes and positive support.

John & Stella
Hello LR.

Just a quick note to wish you well
Old May 15th 2009, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Been keeping an eye on your thread Lone Ranger. Friend of ours just sold her house after about a year or so on market so things definetely picking up. She's off to Perth in July. Good luck mate.
Old May 15th 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kevin747
Hello LR.

Just a quick note to wish you well
Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Been keeping an eye on your thread Lone Ranger. Friend of ours just sold her house after about a year or so on market so things definetely picking up. She's off to Perth in July. Good luck mate.
Cheers guys, all good luck welcomed
Old May 20th 2009, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Had viewer's last night. They have sold their own house, they have to be out of it next week, woman is 6 months pregnant, they have a baby 1 year old, they have seen 2 house purchases fall through and are looking for a VERY quick entry date, they liked our house, they have their funds in place and we tick all their boxes (according to them)!

So maybe later on today we might hear something
Old May 20th 2009, 6:33 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Had viewer's last night. They have sold their own house, they have to be out of it next week, woman is 6 months pregnant, they have a baby 1 year old, they have seen 2 house purchases fall through and are looking for a VERY quick entry date, they liked our house, they have their funds in place and we tick all their boxes (according to them)!

So maybe later on today we might hear something
Good luck, hope everything works out for you.

Sounding hopeful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.