Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Our turn for 3 months! and we went rural!!

Our turn for 3 months! and we went rural!!

Old Jan 5th 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Our turn for 3 months! and we went rural!!

[QUOTE=jothefw;4250624]Suddenly realised that we’d got to the heady heights of 3 months in Australia. Can’t believe the time has gone so quickly.

Crikey where does the time go, remember your posts before the visa, then your 'got it' one and now 3 months in....... enjoyed it very much very informative. We are Cambrdigeshire (rural area) as well and want the same in Oz your post was great it's the little things like not growing up in a country and knowing which insects/plants you can and cannot touch Enjoyed reading it, many thanks.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 12:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=marvinc;4251654]
Originally Posted by jothefw
Suddenly realised that we’d got to the heady heights of 3 months in Australia. Can’t believe the time has gone so quickly.

Crikey where does the time go, remember your posts before the visa, then your 'got it' one and now 3 months in....... enjoyed it very much very informative. We are Cambrdigeshire (rural area) as well and want the same in Oz your post was great it's the little things like not growing up in a country and knowing which insects/plants you can and cannot touch Enjoyed reading it, many thanks.
I am a cambs person too, Sawtry, whereabouts are you??
Old Jan 6th 2007, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
Rural community spirit is fantastic as you all rely on each other alot more, therefore people are more welcoming and doors are always open. Unlike suburbia where its lock and bolt everything.
Rural is good ....
Unless you are in an area like Arkon's(!) then often rural areas can benefit - its seems to be a case of the more you put in, the more you get out. I rememberDotty complaining about noone ever 'really' going bush. I rented in the burbs for 6 months and that earnt me a friendly swipe as she thought I'd be going rural. I would have but then met my wife.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
And all the UK stuff that is good, appears on ABC or SBS or Austar at some point.
I agree on this. A question of waiting - and bosh - its on ABC. I couldn't believe how much UK programming there was when I arrived.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Our turn for 3 months! and we went rural!!

Thanks for everyone's well wishes!

Do agree with putting your all into it and getting a good response - Keith is our close and friendly town, Bordertown is where the shops are slightly bigger etc ... for those that asked!

Naracoorte is fine but Horsham is just over border into Victoria and much, much better and for extra 30 min drive I think worth it! (It's 200 k there though).

Don't get me wrong though, there's definitely been hard times, but nothing un-copeable with! Certainly hasn't crossed my mind ever to return to UK.

Anyone passing through I'd recommend the bakery at Keith and if you have young children the flying fox in the park is excellent fun! Evening meals are good from the Keith Motel opposite the bakery!

xx Jo
Old Jan 8th 2007, 3:25 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Our turn for 3 months! and we went rural!!

Originally Posted by jothefw
Anyone passing through I'd recommend the bakery at Keith and if you have young children the flying fox in the park is excellent fun! Evening meals are good from the Keith Motel opposite the bakery!

xx Jo
We ate at the bakery on the way through. The visitors' book is hilarious!