Our story 2 1/2 years

Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our story 2 1/2 years

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
Not where I have been and from me they would not....but yes I imagine it goes on.

I used to work with about 50 people from India brought over specially to do a task where I worked. We welcomed them with open arms. I simply can't see that situation ever going down well in Australia......(the 'taking our jobs' whinge)
Well we have OLAP, data mining and business intelligence here in Melbourne (which I stay clear of lol).

We employ a lot of Indians here in Melbourne. They are good to worse - like any other. Biggest issue is that a large proportion have issues communicating and are quite insular which means some will never be architects, team leads or mgrs - but good technicans.

The 1.9 TD is a real classic. Not sure if would literally outperform a BMW or Porsche but I got your meaning!

cheers
Old Aug 30th 2008, 4:10 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Olibeneli - you got what you wanted, you're back in the UK with a happier wife and a fantastic job; please don't turn into one of those bitter and twisted people who feels the need to come on here and stir things up for people that are quite content to stay in backward, corrupt ole Oz.

I notice you've just dredged up a pretty old thread to highlight what you know and who you know, and things you can't tell us, yadda yadda. Really, mate, who gives a...?

Get on with your life.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

I am not bitter and twisted.
I had some fantastic times in Australia.
I enjoyed and will miss the sunshine and beaches
I am entitled to my opinion
This forum is for all comments - good and bad
I think my experiences if shared may help others who are emigrating
Before I emigrated I read everything on this forum in terms of good & bad
The mistake we made was not doing enough research about where we went to, how things operate, the shops, restaurants, medical world...everything.

I am getting on with my life and also trying to give information to help others. The fact you may not like it is your problem....so get on with your life while I try to give a balanced view on our experiences.

Okay ?

Originally Posted by Seasider
Olibeneli - you got what you wanted, you're back in the UK with a happier wife and a fantastic job; please don't turn into one of those bitter and twisted people who feels the need to come on here and stir things up for people that are quite content to stay in backward, corrupt ole Oz.

I notice you've just dredged up a pretty old thread to highlight what you know and who you know, and things you can't tell us, yadda yadda. Really, mate, who gives a...?

Get on with your life.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 8:31 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I am not bitter and twisted.
I had some fantastic times in Australia.
I enjoyed and will miss the sunshine and beaches
I am entitled to my opinion
This forum is for all comments - good and bad
I think my experiences if shared may help others who are emigrating
Before I emigrated I read everything on this forum in terms of good & bad
The mistake we made was not doing enough research about where we went to, how things operate, the shops, restaurants, medical world...everything.

I am getting on with my life and also trying to give information to help others. The fact you may not like it is your problem....so get on with your life while I try to give a balanced view on our experiences.

Okay ?
Quite right.

Don't worry, some of us do appreciate your points of view.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seasider

Get on with your life.

Who gives a...? You do obviously, otherwise you wouldn't have replied.

People are free to post as they want on this messageboard. If you don't want to read the posts then don't.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

ScottJackson will become famous soon enoughScottJackson will become famous soon enough

Olibeneli, i don't think that in a race in a 1.9l turbo diesel Skoda you would beat a Porsche.

Also the engine engineering in a Bugatti Veyron isn't that new at all, your saying about the cars with V8's in them in Australia, we'll the Bugatti has 16 Cylinders and 4 Turbo chargers on them. It's just the concept of increasing the fuel capacity of the engine, and whack plenty of turbo chargers on them to get more air into the system to combine with the increase in fuel. Old technology.

Cuttent edge engineering in automotive design starts off in F1 cars and filter down to more commercial cars.

I'm glad your liking it back in England though and are happy again.

But can I was you if you are an outdoors type person? did you play lots of sport? do water sports? go walking? etc.

I would be going over mainly for the sport, as it would be so much better in decent weather.

Work doesn't really effect me in my trade as far as countrys advancements goes. I'm in the Merchant Navy, and the ships don't vary from country to country, they're all made in Singapore anyway!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ScottJackson
Olibeneli, i don't think that in a race in a 1.9l turbo diesel Skoda you would beat a Porsche.

Also the engine engineering in a Bugatti Veyron isn't that new at all, your saying about the cars with V8's in them in Australia, we'll the Bugatti has 16 Cylinders and 4 Turbo chargers on them. It's just the concept of increasing the fuel capacity of the engine, and whack plenty of turbo chargers on them to get more air into the system to combine with the increase in fuel. Old technology.

Cuttent edge engineering in automotive design starts off in F1 cars and filter down to more commercial cars.

But can I was you if you are an outdoors type person? did you play lots of sport? do water sports? go walking? etc.

I would be going over mainly for the sport, as it would be so much better in decent weather.

Work doesn't really effect me in my trade as far as countrys advancements goes. I'm in the Merchant Navy, and the ships don't vary from country to country, they're all made in Singapore anyway!

I would much rather have a Veyron though. Thank god they will never make a Veyron Ute!!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

ScottJackson will become famous soon enoughScottJackson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
I would much rather have a Veyron though. Thank god they will never make a Veyron Ute!!
I'd rather have an Audi R8, have you seen one?

I was at an Audi garage the other day, and they're amazing looking cars, the nicest car made for years I think.

Plus they're resonably priced compared to a Bugatti! Bugattis are like £1.5mil and the Audi is about £80k brand new!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:59 am
Account Closed

I was at an Audi garage the other day, and they're amazing looking cars, the nicest car made for years I think.

Plus they're resonably priced compared to a Bugatti! Bugattis are like £1.5mil and the Audi is about £80k brand new!
Personally if I had the money to spend (which I don't) I would probably buy something different like a Noble. I like the idea of owning something which not many other people do.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Quite right about the Skoda v Porsche....but the Boxster I drove along side on the M40 wasn't streets ahead. The 1.9TD Skoda was very impressive. Its the same engine used in VWs.

OK......The company that makes the tramsmisions/gearbox for the Bugatti Veyron also does Porsche GT3......and any number of F1 teams you care to mention and also Le Mans cars. So.......the same engineers doing the F1 teams also work on the Veyron.......A quick google will tell yu that it is Ricardo who engineer the transmissions and gearboxes for these teams.

The also developed the diesel engine for the JCB team who now hold the world record for the fastest diesel engine.....something like 350mph.

Also......Ricardo do development work for Audi and I think (not confirmed) did the R8.

OK.....sports.....Yes I love being outdoors and played golf and soccer. My boys too play it and we boogie board aswell. I probably should have played more golf buty to be honest.........its seriously hard work when its hot.

Also.........I come to conclude that golf without my lifelong old golf mates back in Blighty isn't as good as golf with them. Having no history of friendship with people I can joke and take the pee out of is what made golf a great social thing for me. Golf on a cold October day in the UK with my mates and a nip of whiskey is, for me, better than golf with complete strangers in seriosuly hot sweaty fly ridden Australia. Oh yes....and I don't need fear my boys searching for balls in the UK like I did in Australia. No kidding but when people come running down the fairway to tell you there is a red bellied black snake up by the green......you kinda think perhaps watching TV is better.

Sprt is good in decent weather.........but doing it with people you love and care about is better still.

You'll have to try it yourself to see what you prefer. good luck

Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bugatti Veyrons are ALL SOLD AT A LOSS TO BUGATTI. They cost loads more than they sell the for to develop.

Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Not where I have been and from me they would not....but yes I imagine it goes on.

I used to work with about 50 people from India brought over specially to do a task where I worked. We welcomed them with open arms. I simply can't see that situation ever going down well in Australia......(the 'taking our jobs' whinge)

Not read most of the thread but living in Glasgow with an English accent I heard that on a daily basis, "why don't you go back home!!!!" You just can't win.... ...legged it outta there and didn't go back...
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Clangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud of

Hmmmmmm...that's what we thought.

You need people to do the menial jobs you know.....if a english person wants 500 quid a week to collect your rubbish but the council can get a legal Polish person to do it for 200.......and save you on your council tax what would you want the council to do ?

Turn that question to Aus where you seemingly need a degree to collect rubbish.....going to make for expensive council rates....

The education system here over the last 10 years has led to an epidemic of generation Y kids (kids that just say WHY all they time and have no drive in them 'cos they want everything now).....so to ensure employers take on intelligent kids they only want educated people.....and first theing they want is a degree.

My mate had 4 interviews to be a floor stacker in Bunnings....he was asked to go back for a 5th interview but told them stuff it.......how much can you interrogate someone over 5 interviews to do that kind of work ?. I had less interview time for a job as a finance dierctor of a large company responsible for a team and a budget. No disrespect to that sort of work but come on...being organised and getting the skills criteria for the job assessed can be done in 2 interviews, may be 3............but 5 ???
May I ask how you did your job search - any specific search engines or websites that you used? Good to hear that you were hired over an video conference!!

Thanks,
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:42 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

I started contributing to this forum many years ago.
I remember your user name! I havent been on here for ages but just got some awful news about a friend from here so thought I'd take a peek.

We went to Oz in Feb 2003, just when you started on here wasnt it?
We came baack to the UK in about July 2004 after 17 months, you gave it longer than us but I dont think time matters sometime does it? You either love it and stay or want to come home. We havent looked back since, although sometimes I'd love to return for a holiday. I have nationality so its easier for us to rerturn

Good luck
Janeyray!
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Clangers
May I ask how you did your job search - any specific search engines or websites that you used? Good to hear that you were hired over an video conference!!

Thanks,
I used the usual google search engine and also specific job websites for finance. like seek....also financial review paper on Thursdays.

Next is browsing as many agencies websites as you can....
hays
michaal page
robert walters
loads more

...just get really good at googling the area you are interested in....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.